Katz

Biggest Loser - January 2019 Reboot

46 minutes ago, truck said:

You sound bored, not hungry. Just a thought - the busier I am (work/family/training) the better I eat. I am totally impressed though with the Tim tams/choc block combo, coming from someone with a sweet tooth ūüėā. Not swimming at Enogerra any more?

I'm working 12 hour shifts. I'm having to ride every day just to limit the damage.......

On 20/03/2019 at 2:04 PM, nealo said:

Not a transform but monitored at another gym, I've moved on from that bloke. This one is very customer focused helped me greatly to get that result while struggling with that back strain.

Would be interested to know some contact details of your current guru. (Genuinely) asking for a friend. 

• Haha 2

On 20/03/2019 at 11:15 PM, Parkside said:

They have other good advice like only losing 10% in one go, then resetting your metabolism with a maintenance phase for 6 weeks or so, then losing again of needed, only losing 0.5-1kg

Yeah, I think it's to combat (for want of a better term) metabolic adaptation. The key is to hold onto the losses while in maintenance.

Some reading I've done suggests that significant calorie deficit results in reduced metabolic rate as the body resets to the lower calories available. This is why 'starving' diets don't work long term as opposed to something like intermittent fasting.

I'm a big believer in set weights - my body seems very comfortable at around 79-80kg. I can eat like a monk and get to about 77kg and eat like a sumo and get to 82kg. My goal in life is to reprogram my set weight to 75kg - I just have to get there first...

I might get the renaissance book but it's a tad pricey for an ebook. I trust your judgement though so if you think it's worth it...

On 23/03/2019 at 9:59 PM, trinube said:

Would be interested to know some contact details of your current guru. (Genuinely) asking for a friend. 

I'll email you something.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nealo said:

I'll email you something.

Cheers, appreciate it.

91.4kg.

Pretty crappy week food wise with very little exercise.

Need to get back on the bus this week and get it below 90!!!!!

Cheers

Andrew

a little down from last week, and still down from the start.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the current end (although, extending the spreadsheet isn't that hard) - 11 weeks or so to Cairns - so more to go.

And overall, I still need to remember, and remind people as well, the scales are only one metric. - stronger and faster is more important. I might only have had a 1.2kg drop in 12 weeks, but during that time, I also put down my fastest HIM (by nearly 30mins), at the second highest starting weight for that race. (A little lighter for Cairns will be nice, less long term damage to the body during the race, faster just gets you off your feet faster)

• Like 2

Still heading down. Hopefully by Port I should be a double digit weight. The lightest I’ve been in around 12 years. 

FM

• Like 3

Any interest in extending or re-starting for a new period???

Will need to be some more technologically advanced than me (I keep cocking the spread sheet up just entering results!)

Day three of using the myfitness app.  It seems to be working. I have definetly cut down on the biscuits & lollies at work. Doing such long hours the boss decided it would be a good idea to keep us full of sugar & coffee

17 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Day three of using the myfitness app.  It seems to be working. I have definetly cut down on the biscuits & lollies at work. Doing such long hours the boss decided it would be a good idea to keep us full of sugar & coffee

One thing you could try? How about bringing some fruit to work and use that as your "treat" or "sugar fix". Some apples, peaches, nectarines, oranges. Still too much sugar, but at least  you are getting some good dietary variety (I am sure an apple or an orange is better for you than a piece of cake) and I am sure it's a lower insulin spike.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

One thing you could try? How about bringing some fruit to work and use that as your "treat" or "sugar fix". Some apples, peaches, nectarines, oranges. Still too much sugar, but at least  you are getting some good dietary variety (I am sure an apple or an orange is better for you than a piece of cake) and I am sure it's a lower insulin spike.

clip lock bag of nuts and dried fruit works as well - more nuts than dried fruit if you are worried about high sugar

almonds and micellar casein protein shakes will make you feel so full you don't need to hit the sugar.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Parkside said:

almonds and micellar casein protein shakes will make you feel so full you don't need to hit the sugar.

I’ll give it a crack. The first few days were tough but I think I’ve stopped craving sugar now. 

Worked 72hours last week & managed to ride 240km going to try & sneak in a sneaky ride this afternoon to crack the 300km

GP today.

Cardiologist appt tomorrow - booked at last review 18 months ago.

Awesome time to weigh in at lifetime worst of 120.

Not in a happy place about any of it.

Still had chicken and chips for dinner.

• Sad 2

Time to fire up the XLS? I'm at least 8kgs heavier than this time last year. :blush:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I may join in a few days. Just finishing off in Bali. All you can eat and drink for 9 days. 

Fm

1F7A3868-9649-47AC-A948-936B5DDF6AF7.jpeg

4F5D2C36-62FC-4F18-813F-0E9EFF65BDC7.jpeg