Katz

Biggest Loser - January 2019 Reboot

5 minutes ago, Stikman said:

I'll take all of my prizes in cold, hard cash thanks.

You know it's only day one, right?

I'll log in to the sheet at home tonight (cannot do that here at work). Not expecting much change. Naughty items I have consumed today include a large box of tic tacs, 3 mini chocolate bars and a skim mocha. One of my project resources here will be the death of me!

Back up to 82.0 on my scales for me, which means I've put on over 3kgs at Xmas. Which is a bit weird, as we are doing a similar challenge at work (as we did before Xmas) and we use those body mass scale thingies and last week, according to those scales, I'd only put on a kilo over Xmas.

Anyway, I'll use my scales for this one and their scales for  the work one. 

58 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Hi. I can't access columns B, C or D either. Could some kind soul amend for me please? 110.3kg 196cm. Thx

Done.

• Thanks 1

Dayum. Down nearly 3kg on the scale today since Sunday. I'm guessing mostly glycogen n fluid after the silly season break. 10 kilos away from first IM weight! It won't stick I'm sure come Monday. 

Down to 96.3kg this morning. So that’s over 2kg right there. 4.5 day sugar detox (meant to be 5, but went to lunch at Chiswick at the NSW Art Gallery yesterday and indulged on Verve, Pinot and then Dessert). 

Also started training again after 2 weeks down with that pesky summer cold. 

#smallsteps

• Like 3

Pretty sure I've put on 2kg of 🍕 and 🍷

Haven't been game to jump on the scales this week.

I've been weighing myself each morning when I get up since the start of the year. It's actually been the most consistent I've ever been, but we certainly picked the right day to start. :)

image.thumb.png.f4e22c81daccb47eb08e9b93adaa2e9e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll start weighing in again from tomorrow. Might help me to kick those last few kgs.

Had a bit of a break, but I'm so close to where I want to be, I will get there!

• Like 2

Although it is a loss, I am a bit disappointed. Earlier in the week I had been a kilo down and really did nothing different for the remainder of the week with the exception of eating out last night. It was an effectively keto meal with the addition of a half a cup of german potato salad. Up half a kilo on yesterday. :( There will be salt in there as well as the effect of a few carbs, but I still don't like it. Weight loss requires diligence and consistency. Lesson learned.

Down half kilo not bad since its birthday week for both of us 😂

Decent weekend training has helped 

Edited by Shrek

No real exercise to speak of. Worked 2 days solid in the backyard removing the decking boards out the back, but nothing else.

Big focus this week on actually getting my butt out of bed to do a walk/jog/ride at least 3 times this week.

Can someone please update the sheet for me.

Thanks

Andrew

86.0 this morning. A drop of 2.2kg on last Monday, but really just half a kilo on what I was before that, and still a couple kilo more than I was before Xmas.

Oh well, the Xmas chocolate finally ran out yesterday, so maybe I can start losing weight properly again. :)

2.2kg for me this week, without really trying to be truthful.

This included a mammoth feed on Saturday night at our favourite restaurant (Cuban).

I will remember tomorrow but it won’t be good. Beer and pizza Friday night. Recovery junk food Saturday. I reckon 111 

96.6!!!!

No carbs, sugar or milk and a few days exercise. 

Planning on keeping it going. 

Cheers

Andrew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

82.6 - The dehydration from last weekend has been rectified, and weight back up (but still down from two weeks ago, nearly in line with what I would like to be losing per week (I would like to start Geelong Half at sub80)

I'm not participating in this one, I failed under the pressure of the last one.

But I'm 2.5 weeks past my stokes and have made big changes (for me).  I've only bought chocolate twice, and not the big blocks I was buying two or 3 times a week.  I've had a few biscuits and one small piece of cake.  Bought takeaway twice in that time, and once wasn't horrible deep fried crap.  I've been eating much more fruit, not snacking inbetween and no food binges like in the past.  Eating some almonds too.  Changed things like my breakfasts and lunches.  So in general taking in much less food each week.  Trying to increase my water intake, which is hard as I don't tend to sip throughout the day.  I've been doing some easy walks but nothing strenuous (not till I've been to the stroke clinic or know more), and I might start spinning on the trainer soon.  Doing some planks each day as I remember, and pushups.  My bloodwork was pretty much fine and while I have to lower my cholesterol now, it was still within a healthy range (surprised me).  Been working pretty damn easy the last two weeks, but back into it full on today.

So with all those changes, I literally haven't dropped a gram.

• Like 2

67.4 today. Slightly up on yesterday but I am just home from nightshift and although I've not eaten my bodyweight in junk food as I would have previously, It's still always a slightly higher weight than if I had been asleep all night.

ETA: 67.1 after my day sleep.

Edited by Katz

86.5 today. Up half a kilo from last week, but not at all surprised. I have been hovering just above 86kg all week, and then spent all day yesterday moving my daughter back home from her unit (don't even get me started on that one). Whilst I was doing plenty of exercise, it was all lifting & walking up & down stairs (3rd story unit). My knee was that bad by the end of the day I bought my first block of chocolate since well before Xmas just as comfort food, and it's all gone now. Add to that the chicken & chips for lunch, the pizza for dinner and then the beers when I finally got to sit down, and I'm surprised I wasn't 90kg this morning.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

I've cut alcohol and seem to be gaining weight! 

Looks like the science is settled - let's all drink ourselves thin!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dazmuzza said:

Many that cut coke end up very skinny.

3 hours ago, dazmuzza said:

Standard response - get drinking!

Possibly scientific response - maybe the booze was reducing your stress levels, they do say that stress can make you gain or not lose weight? :thumbup:

• Like 1

:)

It's likely a combination of not a great diet but a lot more riding, meaning gain in muscle and not enough cutting of fat. 

Is there any interest in a biggest gainer challenge? My wife's NY resolutions are for me to gain weight and train less.  It's tough going, I think I'm up 3kg and onky training 10-11h a week excluding daily 3.8km run to the gym and 3.5h of weight training. I have mates training for 3 peaks, I'm afraid I will fall off the wagon and ride 200km this weekend.

89.9 - not much but going in the right direction. I'm also relaxing things from Friday night to about Sunday afternoon.

Forgive me relevant weight loss deity, I am about to sin. I have been without significant carbs for about a month now but tonight I will eat a  pizza. 

On 21/01/2019 at 8:36 PM, FatPom said:

I've been sick and somehow put on a kg, 83 this week :(

Perhaps you should try a different form of sickness? 

25 minutes ago, Katz said:

Forgive me relevant weight loss deity, I am about to sin. I have been without significant carbs for about a month now but tonight I will eat a  pizza. 

Attagirl

Enjoy, forgive yourself tomorrow and move on  😉

I only ate half a pizza last night and lost another hundred grams.

I am gonna be in so much trouble when I get home.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Gastro works wonders! Except you put it all back on as it's only water weight.

14 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

17 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Gastro works wonders! Except you put it all back on as it's only water weight.

A few years ago I tried an Ulcer combined with a Hiatius Hernia. I went from 91kg to 77kg in 2 months. 

I don't recommend it.

• Sad 1

I’m a late starter although do have a 7 Jan starting weight. Lots of riding around Adelaide and a refocus on diet has me below 80kg for the first time in several years. 

Next target 75kg. 

• Like 2