Jump to content
Katz

Biggest Loser - January 2019 Reboot

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I had this for Brunch. No regret :)

20190125_095944.thumb.jpg.89962eba547526c683e2ccb402351e3f.jpg

That's a perfect keto breakfast/brunch! I too could have that without regret.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Katz said:

That's a perfect keto breakfast/brunch! I too could have that without regret.

Add some pepperoni & it would taste better than any pizza I've ever had too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 days ago I was 66.8kg. Today (and for the last 3 days) I've been 68.8kgs. No idea why........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve decided to not play along this time, I only get frustrated and annoyed  as I’ve always battled with my weight so I’ve ditched the scales and am just trying to do the right thing among a house full of sugar junkies....anyhow brekkie today after zwifting with ironjimbo who soft pedaled so I could keep up despite his denials

AFAC0082-C192-4105-96E4-731F344EE8E0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KieranR said:

I’ve decided to not play along this time, I only get frustrated and annoyed  as I’ve always battled with my weight so I’ve ditched the scales and am just trying to do the right thing among a house full of sugar junkies....anyhow brekkie today after zwifting with ironjimbo who soft pedaled so I could keep up despite his denials

AFAC0082-C192-4105-96E4-731F344EE8E0.jpeg

Don't get me wrong, I really like broccoli. But broccoli for breakfast? Come on... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flathead said:

Don't get me wrong, I really like broccoli. But broccoli for breakfast? Come on... 

Let’s call it brunch, it was 11am afterall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

96.3kg

Down a little on last week. Australia day Pav and snags probably didn't help.

Still a loss though so i am happy.

Cheers

Andrew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KieranR said:

 brekkie today after zwifting with ironjimbo who soft pedaled so I could keep up despite his denials

 

This is the bloke who says 'I suck at climbing' and then proceeds to waltz up Box Hill like a mountain goat  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stikman said:

IMG_20190128_095815.jpg

After seeing this photo I now see why you are not losing weight - there's nothing to lose!  Unless of course you have very weighty calves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

After seeing this photo I now see why you are not losing weight - there's nothing to lose!  Unless of course you have very weighty calves.

I am definitely heftier on the bottom end as compared to the top.

After a carb binge (aka unemployment celebration) and yum cha yesterday, I am 4 kilos heavier than I was on Wednesday last week. Of course that's not real weight as in fat, but I am unimpressed enough to get straight back on the wagon. 

After looking at the stats of my 4 weeks on keto, I am unconvinced ketosis really did anything more than calorie restriction alone would do. I was counting both carbs and calories and was in ketosis throughout. So, I feel as though it was more effort than I really need to expend for the same overall result. I did notice although the scales have gone down during the last 4 weeks, it wasn't any more than the few weeks after IM, and my measurements didn't do much at all. A definite positive outcome though I found is that overall we have been eating a more varied and generally healthier diet.

Therefore, going forward, I will be adopting quite a bit of what we learned during the keto process in terms of reducing overall carbs, but not aiming for ketosis as such. Calorie restriction plus exercise has always worked for me, so I will keep it simple for myself and just go back to that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't get my weight to move in spite of no alcohol and a solid 8 hours per week of riding.

Maybe its the Toblerone :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to measure yesterday. And was up too early this morning to measure (well, at least I got a run in instead).

Will weigh in tomorrow. My guess? Up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally dipped below 80kg a few times last week and confirmed with 79.7kg this morning  

Next target 75kg by end of Feb. That’ll be pretty close to decade low. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still sitting just above 86kg. I've eaten a lot of crap, and done no real exercise for the past couple of weeks, so I suppose I should be grateful it's still sitting around that mark.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71 point farking 4. Not happy Jan.

Annoyingly, I haven't really been eating that excessively and have definitely maintained my activity level. So, back to keto it is. If nothing else, it limits my calorie consumption and doesn't allow me to sneak extras in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Still sitting just above 86kg. I've eaten a lot of crap, and done no real exercise for the past couple of weeks, so I suppose I should be grateful it's still sitting around that mark.

 

 

37 minutes ago, Katz said:

71 point farking 4. Not happy Jan.

Annoyingly, I haven't really been eating that excessively and have definitely maintained my activity level. So, back to keto it is. If nothing else, it limits my calorie consumption and doesn't allow me to sneak extras in.

2 data points for keto/low carb.. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

84.8kg another 300+km week on the bike and no weight loss.

Did I mention I'm vegan now. it's been 4 days, I should be rippred like Durian rider by now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went and saw Icehouse on the gold coast on the weekend and had a few beers.

Weight went up by 1.5kg! :D

I swear I maybe had 10 beers in two days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite not much change on the scales and lots of riding, had a good moment last night when I was at my parents and my mum said "have you lost weight? you're looking trimmer".

So screw you scales! I win today! :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

had a good moment last night when I was at my parents and my mum said "have you lost weight? you're looking trimmer".

lol

Last time I lost a reasonable amount of weight (got under 80kg, but still 5kg from my former race weight), my Mum kept asking if I was OK. She thought I had lost way too much weight. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

lol

Last time I lost a reasonable amount of weight (got under 80kg, but still 5kg from my former race weight), my Mum kept asking if I was OK. She thought I had lost way too much weight. 

ha, I've had a similar experinece in the past when I dropped about 20kg for half ironman...but I was still about 10kg from ideal race weight. Mum kept saying "you're lookg WAY too thin". 

I'm a reasonably tall guy with broad shoulders so when I lose the belly I look a bit unhealthy I think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

78.7kg now and focussed on 75kg by the end of the month. Down 2.8kg since start of the year and about 5.5kg since the “oh shit, I need to lose weight” moment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't reply to this thread as I didn't want to get in to another lose weight "competition".

Suffice to say I've reached a very sad weight again. At 45 years of age you'd think I'd get "it". I don't get it.

Currently listening to David Goggins audio book and while I'm still not sold on the guy, there have been a number of things resonate with me.

1. If you want something, it doesn't matter how many times you fail. Learn from the failure and go again. And again. And again.

2. There is no finish line. When it comes to my weight loss, I've always had target weights to reach, to lose, dates, time periods, what ever. I need to make a complete and utter livable life style change. A habit that is doable, repeatable and enjoyable. As when it comes to my weight health the only finish line that counts is death.

Keep going people.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nealo said:

Suffice to say I've reached a very sad weight again. At 45 years of age you'd think I'd get "it". I don't get it.

I'm still only 44, does that mean I've got more of this shit to come? 

Damn!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I'm still only 44, does that mean I've got more of this shit to come? 

Damn!

I'm 54. You've got plenty of years to keep making mistakes kid.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finally dropped below the 86kg mark this year. After 6 weeks sitting between 86 & 87, I dropped down to 85.7 on Saturday, and 84.8 on Sunday, but after half a block of that irresistibly tempting Coles mint chip chocolate, and then pigging out on way to much fish & chips last night down at the waterfront, I'm back at 85.4.

Still, I have to be happy for the drop. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

94.9kg today.

Was 94.0kg Saturday morning after going for a run.

Still losing it so have to be happy with that.

Cheers

Andrew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

78.4kg this morning.  Down about 6kg over the past 4 months or so  

Was 76kg after my long run on Saturday (dropped 3kg) during the run 😰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My body and I need to discuss what it means to be in a weight loss competition. It seems to be getting it all wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late entry as only just home from Adelaide. 

Couple of kilos down since last weigh in so heading in right direction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×