Katz

Biggest Loser - January 2019 Reboot

I weighed myself this morning and was suitably shocked. I had hoped to be under 86, and preferably back closer to what I finished BL at (84 odd KG). I was 86 yesterday morning, and 88.2kg this morning. I have no idea why I was 2kg heavier. I didn't eat that much yesterday. I did sit around not doing anything, as my MiL took a turn & the day was spent either at the hospital or waiting for my wife to get back from it. A Thai curry for dinner with a few beers, but I would have thought it was a normal day.

So 88.2kg to start the year. Planning on 78.2 to finish it.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I weighed myself this morning and was suitably shocked. I had hoped to be under 86, and preferably back closer to what I finished BL at (84 odd KG). I was 86 yesterday morning, and 88.2kg this morning. I have no idea why I was 2kg heavier. I didn't eat that much yesterday. I did sit around not doing anything, as my MiL took a turn & the day was spent either at the hospital or waiting for my wife to get back from it. A Thai curry for dinner with a few beers, but I would have thought it was a normal day.

There’s your 2 kilos. 

16 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Can I use my boxing day weight?

Only if I can. 

10 minutes ago, Katz said:

Only if I can. 

You're going to use Stikman's weight? You'll kill this one :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trinube said:

You're going to use Stikman's weight? You'll kill this one :lol:

Now that’s a good idea. Lol

I’m in Ireland till the end of January so it’s a big NO from me. 

Loving the fry for breakfast every morning though. 

Yeah I'm in but lets not start until next week or later.  Going back to work after a long break takes all the discipline I have right now. :lol:

Well, I've started.  Weight on the 1st was the highest it has been in about 3 years and it's time to sort it now that I'm trying to get back to full training.  Intervals with an extra 4kg jiggling about isn't much fun!

6 hours ago, roxii said:

I’m in Ireland till the end of January so it’s a big NO from me. 

Loving the fry for breakfast every morning though. 

Fed up of the brown soda bread yet? :lol:

Sure. 
This time round.
Stick me down for an 82.5kg starter (Monday - as much as this morning may have been higher).

Lets see what 6 weeks of sticking the the training plan might do...

How about Monday the 7th? I did weigh yesterday and would be happy to start yesterday as I did weigh and measure, but aware not everyone who might be interested in joining in may have done so, not to mention, motivation may still be a little low.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Katz said:

motivation may still be a little low.

i looked at my roadie yesterday and stood there for a minute, before i decided to take the paddle board out again instead, i better sign up, a few kg have snuck back on since busso.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

i looked at my roadie yesterday and stood there for a minute, before i decided to take the paddle board out again instead, i better sign up, a few kg have snuck back on since busso.

Given you did an Ironman only 4 weeks ago, I’d listen to your body and continue active recovery on the paddle board for up to a couple of extra weeks. You’ve earned it and the rest will help you reset for your base training. Patience padwan. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Katz said:

Shall we?

Yes, let's

I'll do it properly this time...

36 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Given you did an Ironman only 4 weeks ago, I’d listen to your body and continue active recovery on the paddle board for up to a couple of extra weeks. You’ve earned it and the rest will help you reset for your base training. Patience padwan. 

Good advice mate. 

I think ive ridden on zwift 3 times since, no swimming as pool isn't open after work hours during the festive season, and I've been working, and I'm still not allowed to run,  plenty of walks with the kids and some riding the MTB, have definielty been putting time into the family which has been much needed.

Plus the race bike is currently in parts in the bike room as Im replacing all bolts and bearings, full rebuild.

I will join in on this one. Not happy with the number I saw on the scales this morning, so I am definitely in!!

Cheers

Andrew

Sure, why not, although I'm not going to win any contests.

I 'only' gained 1.5kg over Xmas/New Year which was pretty good considering the amount of crap we consumed. Why is the default gift now chocolate? I got boxes of it and on New Year's Eve threw a couple into the bin so I can get back to the no-chocolate/low sugar regime.

Anyway, I do better with scrutiny - it makes you more accountable. I'm keen to see how the awesome one does this time around...

14 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Fed up of the brown soda bread yet? :lol:

Nope. Soda and potato with egg and bacon every morning.

• Haha 1

On 01/01/2019 at 10:06 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've really backed off on the beers the past few months (hard, I love beer esp in hot weather), substituting instead wine with a few ice blocks in it.  Also cut down from 3 rows of dark chocolate after dinner to 1 row.

My problem is social events when we are drinking a fair bit, my snack food willpower goes out the window.  Grog is like weed - gives me the munchies.

Was 67kgs a few mths ago (heaviest ever), got it back to about 65.5-66 even over Xmas.  Still need to lose a kilo of gut fat.

Not being able to run (never will again I suspect) or ride (hope I can MTB again in a few mths) makes it hard.  Still do something 6 days/week, but only swim (a 1-2km set) or a short gym circuit (20-30mins).  However, the answer is 80% what goes in my mouth.

Should have started 1st Jan ;) This morning I was at my lightest I've been since... well, likely the end of IMOZ 2015, but I didn't weigh myself, so, we'll just say, age 14. It was after a long run and I was pretty dehydrated, so not exactly healthy, but I'll take it.

I am in. 

As you might be aware, I am completing another Tour de Cure ride this year in March (approx 350 kms)>

https://www.tourdecure.com.au/profile/?memberId=76140&tourId=1021

To keep me on the straight and narrow, you might want to offer $$s for every kilo I lose. I only have eight weeks to go as the ride commences in the 1st week of March.

So..... for those interested, let me know up front how much per kilo you will pay me to lose in the next eight weeks. Payment will be tax deductible.

Cheers (with no beers)

FM  

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, Katz said:

Shall we?

Why not...  I could do with dropping 10% of my body weight.

53 minutes ago, Flanman said:

As you might be aware, I am completing another Tour de Cure ride this year in March (approx 350 kms)>

https://www.tourdecure.com.au/profile/?memberId=76140&tourId=1021

To keep me on the straight and narrow, you might want to offer $$s for every kilo I lose. I only have eight weeks to go as the ride commences in the 1st week of March.

Ok, I've got no idea how much you're planning to lose but I'll kick it off with $10.00 per Kilo.

79.0 - 1.3 up on my final BL weigh in - a modest blowout over Xmas/NY.

Maccas for lunch yesterday and smashed some pancakes last night.

Wasn't sure whether to use today's weight or NYD weight, but they turned out to be the same number...

88.8kg

I have lost more weight in the three weeks between challenges than I did during the twelve weeks of the last one.  I guess performing under pressure isn't my thing.   😂

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Is there a new sheet?

Link is in the first post.

Like Stikman, I have lost more in the previous 3 weeks, than during the challenge. So I guess that means I am about to plateau at best, or gain again at worst. Let's see if I can do a better job of it this time around.

Oh yes, a goal declaration is a good idea. So, I am heading to 62kgs as the ideal weight, but anything better than 65kgs and I'll be reasonably happy. Not going to win this challenge based on the start weight, but whatevs.

Edited by Katz

Only up 0.2 on last BL final weight.

Start a new work contract tomorrow. It will take some discipline not to fall in to old habits.

Would love to see 8X.X when this round is over but will take anything south of 95

• Like 1

I didn't realise we were starting today. I thought it was Jan 1. Luckily I sabotaged myself yesterday by having cinnamon fruit bun when my FiL came round early, then some sourdough with AVO at Breakfast. Then chicken sandwiches at lunch and finished the day with fish & chips up the coast. All up I was nearly 2kg heavier this morning than yesterday morning. 

88.2kg to start this challenge, 3kg down on what I started the last one, and 4kg heavier than I finished.

2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

84.6kg - my work internet blocks the link for some reason. Can someone enter my details?

Done - I put your height as 1.81 - that's about right isn''t it?

• Like 1

101kg for me. No expectations, just want to get back into regular training and not eating crap. Oh and I will give up the beer for a few months and see what happens.

Work blocks access to the spreadsheet, if someone can help out that would be great. Height is 169cm.

Cheers

Andrew

4 minutes ago, ewoksta said:

101kg for me. No expectations, just want to get back into regular training and not eating crap. Oh and I will give up the beer for a few months and see what happens.

Work blocks access to the spreadsheet, if someone can help out that would be great. Height is 169cm.

Cheers

Andrew

Done.

• Like 2

Put my details in the right spot this time. The start columns were hiding on the phone. 

Sorry team, fat fingers trying to enter details on my phone, as like others it is blocked at work, and I have cocked up the spread sheet.

My bad.  Can someone have a look and fix up for me (also cocked up the formula for dazzamuzza immediately above me). Soz!!

Can you load my details in please - 178cm and 114.6kg

Over the last biggest loser prior to Christmas I went down but have ended up back where we started...........

Thanks in advance

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ayto said:

Sorry team, fat fingers trying to enter details on my phone, as like others it is blocked at work, and I have cocked up the spread sheet.

My bad.  Can someone have a look and fix up for me (also cocked up the formula for dazzamuzza immediately above me). Soz!!

Can you load my details in please - 178cm and 114.6kg

Over the last biggest loser prior to Christmas I went down but have ended up back where we started...........

Thanks in advance

Done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did some tidying up on the sheet to remove calculation errors and get the top 10 working. Although Stikman now owns all top 10 places until we get some changes in weight :D

• Like 1