Sign in to follow this  
trifun

2019 not a goal but

So when I go out cycling I often pick up pieces of shrapnel of the road, roofing screws are my favourite (tyres on my car are around $400 each so I really hate these suckers) any way as I often come home with a couple of items in my pocket I've decided to keep a bucket (10L pain pail)  and starting tomorrow (Jan 1) I'm going to see how much stuff I collect over a year. Now I'm not going to go out of my way, just picking up things that I see in the traffic lane as I ride along that I would not want to go through my tyre or windscreen.

I might even keep a little photo log of the bucket as it fills - I'll post the animation next NYE.

Clean up Aust folks - even if it is just the bit that affects your hip pocket.

• Like 4

I like it.  Tip. Don’t go to st kilda.  You’ll come home with a few Swedish backpackers after tonight. 

Riding thru there about 7am tomorrow morning you could literally pick up anything. 

Edited by Peter

I've seen syringes and condoms in bike lanes.  Staggering to think what goes on in some vehicles.

Edited by Merv

5 minutes ago, Merv said:

I've syringes and condoms in bike lanes.  Staggering to think what goes on in some vehicles.

do they even make it into cars these days?

• Haha 1

Living where I do gel wrappers are my real bug bear. 

We cant complain about what others leave on the road if we can’t keep it clean ourselves. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, roxii said:

Living where I do gel wrappers are my real bug bear. 

We cant complain about what others leave on the road if we can’t keep it clean ourselves. 

Often thought events could require gels to have race number written on them (like a mini race sticker), 5 min penalty for each one collected from course precinct.

2 minutes ago, trifun said:

Often thought events could require gels to have race number written on them (like a mini race sticker), 5 min penalty for each one collected from course precinct.

We've banned individual packets at out upcoming races (trail running). Get caught with one an instant DQ. Harsh but we need to start changing otherwise national parks will stop letting run the events...

We'll have Huma in pump packs soon and it'll be quite a bit cheaper than individual packets as well. 

2 hours ago, trifun said:

NZ multi sport races had this numbering gels. Except DQ for dropped wrapper 

I have been a little more selective in my road side collecting..... magnetic L and P plates. I'm fast running out of room on the side of the fridge. 

8 hours ago, trifun said:

Easy way to get a competitor a 5min penalty.

41 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Easy way to get a competitor a 5min penalty.

You could always put Cranky's number on a couple of gel packets if you're starting to worry. :)