Ex-Hasbeen

Webjet Tours

We're planning on doing a family trip to India next November, and are currently shopping around. Whilst we've always done our own thing in Aus, NZ & the Pacific, this will be our first trip to a different culture, so we've decided to do the tour thing. Webjet appears to be heaps cheaper than anything else we've looked at. What's people's experiences like with webjet tours? Is there a reason they are so much cheaper?

TIA

.... it’s so cheap in India to hire your own driver and the internal flights are super cheap too. If your planning on doing the cities,...  just arrive in Delhi,  get a driver to do the day trip to the Taj and then book local tours when u get there. English is spoken widely.  Book a nice hotel (Taj Group) and get their travel desk to book trips with local companies.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Its a long way to go for a feed of Indian. 

I just have to go to work for that. I want to actually see what all the call centres look like.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Perhaps you could also get some ideas for improving the NBN rollout while you’re there.

CE6E7568-B691-4AEC-BCC4-31468B829C39.jpeg

🤣 Thailand is the same!!

4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I just have to go to work for that. I want to actually see what all the call centres look like.

If it's like Larry's place  in Bangalore, you will get the Western treatment, so you'll never really know. 

4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

In Bangalore they have IT parks where literally 10,000+ people work in multiple office buildings night and day.  And there are lots of them. And in Pune Infosys have there own one that looks like a University campus. And guarded by a machine gun nest. 

29 minutes ago, A2K said:

In Bangalore they have IT parks where literally 10,000+ people work in multiple office buildings night and day.  And there are lots of them. And in Pune Infosys have there own one that looks like a University campus. And guarded by a machine gun nest. 

Yep.

13 hours ago, A2K said:

ATOS have the same in Pune (or used to)

On 31/12/2018 at 2:29 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Just watch out for the grounded Vindaloop (google South Park reference if unsure)

I've spent quite a lot of time in India for work and I also spent 6 weeks working for a charity over there a few years back. It's different for sure!

If you want the peace of mind of an organised tour then it's not a terrible idea but as beginnergirl says above it is perfectly possible to do it yourself with a bit of research and an ability to go with the flow.

As to Webjet I can't comment as never used them.

If you end up in Jaipur (where I spent 6 weeks) then hit me up for places to go and places to eat :D

P.S. I have never had any digestive issues from India and that's despite regularly eating breakfast from street vendors and drinking Chai from shacks.

Edited by monkie
  • Like 1

I know plenty of people that have been to India that would never ever go again, including people from India !

Are you sure there's nowhere else in the world you'd like to go instead???

16 hours ago, BC_J400 said:

I know plenty of people that have been to India that would never ever go again, including people from India !

Like somewhere you can drink the tap water and eat food bought from anywhere.  Japan. 

On 10/01/2019 at 9:05 PM, BC_J400 said:

To offer a counterpoint it's one of my favourite countries. It's mad, hectic, vibrant and exciting. The only country where you can see elephants and Rolls Royce's sharing the road. The food is incredible (and you can eat it from most places as long as you're not daft about it) the people are awesome (obviously exceptions but as a rule I've found them friendly, intelligent and kind) and it's an experience you won't find anywhere else. Whenever I get out of an airport and into a TukTuk and start weaving through crazy traffic with the sights and smells I cannot help but smile. 

I've made myself want to go back there right now!

• Thanks 1

The reason I want to go is some of what Monkie said, but also I know that if I don't go there on this trip, I'll never go there, and that's something I don't want.

I know over the next decade, unless my health takes a turn for the worse we'll do a bit of travelling, and we'll do the usual Europe/UK/America/Asia etc, so this is the chance to do what we won't later.