willie

Trannies flog day 2019

Folks, I reckon we need a golf day in early 2019. There's a few of us that think we're pretty shit hot (if only that tree, bunker, water didnt get in the way) kinda golfers. I'm happy to organise something if there is some interest... I was speaking to Flanny and RBR recently about it... So how about it. 

"Trannies Flog Day 2019"

If there is enough interest in other capitals I reckon I might make the trip... I'm back on the sticks and having a good old time. Figure it's not too late to have another crack at that all illusive 0 handicap. Figure I suck too much at triathlon and don't want to commit too much to it, so golf is it. Just FYI I am off 11 at the moment. If I could lose a couple of 4 puts every round.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I can tee up a game of golf in the capital of the pilbara.  See ya soon

thanks, but my balls have had enough red dirt for a lifetime. 

I play every decade or so. Happy to rearrange some landscape for shits and giggles. Don't invite Pete, that pr&@k takes it too seriously, lol.

If I played it would double my yearly rounds but WTF, as long as it's not somewhere distant I'd probably have a crack.

4 minutes ago, trinube said:

If I played it would double my yearly rounds but WTF, as long as it's not somewhere distant I'd probably have a crack.

I was thinking Lane Cove, Massey Park or Chatswood as a few options... Randwick is one I haven't played but would like to and I'd try with that first. Central/ish. 

7 minutes ago, willie said:

I was thinking Lane Cove, Massey Park or Chatswood as a few options... Randwick is one I haven't played but would like to and I'd try with that first. Central/ish. 

I lived in Lane Cove for years and can't think where the golf course is?  (been away too long :( )

Great idea. Lane Cove and Chatswood would be great. Don't forget Royal North Turramurra Gold course and Gordon. Both public.

PS: Timewise... post Ironman would be good.....not too hot!!!

Keen it the stars align. I had the clubs out for the first time in 3 months yesterday and managed a Century so I'm all warmed up 😆

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I think you meant to say Elite Golfers!!!

If I write it off through my business does that mean I'm sponsored or can I at least claim it :lol1:

You know, I owned a golf Forum once ;);) (cue RS/Tyno....)

• Haha 2

That's part of the fun monkie...

2 hours ago, goughy said:

You know, I owned a golf Forum once ;);) (cue RS/Tyno....)

That doesn't mean you're any good at golf though.

Remember, Roxii & Willie have both owned a Triathlon forum. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Remember, Roxii & Willie have both owned a Triathlon forum. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

On 28/12/2018 at 9:28 PM, monkie said:

If it's up Chatswood way then I'll join for the 19th Hole. I can't play golf for toffee!

That's like doing a beer without an IM first...

9 hours ago, willie said:

That's like doing a beer without an IM first...

Like literally cannot hit the ball... Anyway I'll most likely be racing unlike you layabouts 😛

Thanks, but I can go for a three-hour walk without having to give away lots of little white balls

• Like 1

I'm going out to practise tomorrow morning. Picton for 18 @ 8.30am.

Bound to score a ton. I am on the shortlist for the Aussie Cricket Team.

FM 

2 hours ago, Flanman said:

I'm going out to practise tomorrow morning. Picton for 18 @ 8.30am.

Practise, WTF?  :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, trifun said:

Thanks, but I can go for a three-hour walk without having to give away lots of little white balls

If I am playing, I'll likely supply plenty of balls on the day. My son collects ball and sell them - and very cheaply too.

Note: they would be freebies for you hackers if this things ever happens.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Note: they would be freebies for you hackers if this things ever happens.

I've got my grandparents onto it. Between them they have over 90yrs of golf management. One was at royal Sydney for 40 years and the other kareela for even longer 😮 I already got told we couldn't play at the royal though :lol:

randwick might be the winner, unless we can swing the lakes around to having having us. Will be max $40 a head for the flog. Cheap compared to triathlon. 

• Like 1

I played at the NSW Open course once. Dell hosted a kind of pro/am day and invited me as Oracle was a huge account for them back in the day. ( I'd never heard of any of the pros but that isn't saying much).  

The look of absolute horror on the member's faces was an absolute treat when they saw us hackers.  They were not allowed to play but seemed to be having breakfast in the clubhouse.

Every second hole that had 'aid stations' set up with drinks and ladies asking if we needed anything like balls or tees etc.  The regular players just filled their boots all day with spares:lol:

My group came last and I won a 'Golf for Dummies' book. :whistling:

• Haha 1

Back in the days of Ironman at Forster, we used to play the day after the race........ took you a few holes to start loosening the legs up.

I reckon if we do this it shouldn't be any of the well known courses like Randwick/Moore Park etc that are full par courses, which means they are long course. We need some that a shorter. With a few more pars three's so we can have multiple "nearest to the pin prizes" etc.

An 18 hole course like Moore park (which is long) might take 5 hours on a slow day, hence a lessor know course would be perfect ie:

Lane Cove, Northbridge, Castlecrag.

Northbridge has 18 holes (1 Par 5, 8 Par 4, 9 Par 3) ($37 for 18 weekdays, $40 weekends) (Par 64 v's Par 72 standard course).

Castlecrag has 9 holes which your do twice for 18 holes. Par 64. (5 Par 4, 4 Par 3) ($35 for 18 weekdays, $40 weekends)

Lane Cove has 9 holes which your do twice for 18 holes. Par 64. (5 Par 4, 4 Par 3) ($36 for 18 weekdays)

Just a thought!

Suggested prizes:

Par 3 - nearest to the Pin from the tee.

Par 4 - Par 3 - nearest to the Pin from anywhere off the green.

Longest putt.

Longest drive on a nominate hole.

Best score.

Worst score.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Back in the days of Ironman at Forster, we used to play the day after the race........ took you a few holes to start loosening the legs up.

I reckon if we do this it shouldn't be any of the well known courses like Randwick/Moore Park etc that are full par courses, which means they are long course. We need some that a shorter. With a few more pars three's so we can have multiple "nearest to the pin prizes" etc.

An 18 hole course like Moore park (which is long) might take 5 hours on a slow day, hence a lessor know course would be perfect ie:

Lane Cove, Northbridge, Castlecrag.

Northbridge has 18 holes (1 Par 5, 8 Par 4, 9 Par 3) ($37 for 18 weekdays, $40 weekends) (Par 64 v's Par 72 standard course).

Castlecrag has 9 holes which your do twice for 18 holes. Par 64. (5 Par 4, 4 Par 3) ($35 for 18 weekdays, $40 weekends)

Lane Cove has 9 holes which your do twice for 18 holes. Par 64. (5 Par 4, 4 Par 3) ($36 for 18 weekdays)

Just a thought!

Suggested prizes:

Par 3 - nearest to the Pin from the tee.

Par 4 - Par 3 - nearest to the Pin from anywhere off the green.

Longest putt.

Longest drive on a nominate hole.

Best score.

Worst score.

The problem is access and wether or not they'll allow us to do some of this. I know a family member is club captain st Randwick so we kinda get a free for all. Kareela would be the same but not overly central. Castlecrag is somewhere I don't need to play again :S I didnt think of Northbridge. Has two par fours I can drive the green on as well :) they generally pretty accommodating as well. 

• Like 1

What about somewhere like Hudson park Strathfield. Pretty central to most of Sydney and from memory a pretty short public course. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

What about somewhere like Hudson park Strathfield. Pretty central to most of Sydney and from memory a pretty short public course. 

Auburn is the geographic centre of Sydney - which is why Olympic Park is in the Auburn/Parramatta LGA.  I'm not overly fussed where it is, I'm sure I can perform equally poorly at any course.

Auburn would be Rosnay then. Played there at school for sport but not sure if it’s public.

Woodville is just up the road at Guildford 

sefton might be a good spot too as it’s par3 for those who don’t play much

This sounds like a mystery tour to me , never heard of these places & had to google 'par'. Then I remembered what a caddy does only because Tiger's caddy said he knew nothing.  Maybe that could be me, a caddy?

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Auburn would be Rosnay then. Played there at school for sport but not sure if it’s public.
Woodville is just up the road at Guildford 
sefton might be a good spot too as it’s par3 for those who don’t play much

There's also Carnarvon, Hudson Park, Strathfield and Canterbury which would be OK too but most courses will have comps on Saturdays (and some Sundays).

Georges River is a reasonable hackers course because there's very few bunkers and hardly any water or rough. It's popular with social groups because of this.

11 hours ago, roxii said:

Wasn't that back in the days a featheries? :lol:

ok we've got heaps of courses to choose from. I'll get cracking ;)

7 minutes ago, willie said:

Wasn't that back in the days a featheries? :lol:

ok we've got heaps of courses to choose from. I'll get cracking ;)

I am keen for any course. Question is do we do a mid week day or weekend. And best after Port in May... Can't lose a training day before hand.

To equal the field a course with a good amount of par 3's would be the go for a quicker round.

And Caddy = drinks attendant!!! lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I am keen for any course. Question is do we do a mid week day or weekend.

Needs to be a weekend for me - preferably arvos because Sat morning sport with the kids and Sunday morning touch footy for me. Cooler months suits me.

6 minutes ago, MissJess said:

The +1 might be keen, I reckon I could come out for a laugh? 9 can rules? 🍺

You can be wench for the day. 

I used to play pretty regularly but I haven't picked up a club in five years.  Always keen for an opportunity to beat IronmanFoz at something though  ;)

Chatswood would be ideal I reckon, it's fairly short but narrow and undulating.  North Ryde is also a top spot but availability might be an issue

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, IronJimbo said:

I used to play pretty regularly but I haven't picked up a club in five years.  Always keen for an opportunity to beat IronmanFoz at something though  ;)

Challenge Accepted....................I think you know that phrase!!!

• Haha 1