Bored@work

Christmas gifts - what did you get?

8 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Ease up, it's still Xmas Eve here :lol:

Lol how are you going with the Allen Key & instructions trying to put flippers gifts together. 

• Haha 1

Didn’t get the Scott Foil RC I want - but did get a new pair of swim paddles in the right size.  🙄😁🎅 happy Christmas everyone.

19 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Ease up, it's still Xmas Eve here :lol:

Yep same here mate. 

Our christmas gift was our luggage finally arriving. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Lol how are you going with the Allen Key & instructions trying to put flippers gifts together. 

Hah not even got that far yet.  Xmas Eve is rock n roll in Chez FP.  Mrs FP is wrapping presents and I'm looking at the pros and cons of a unvented pressured water cylinder vs a high flow combo boiler. I did break out a Terry's Orange earlier

Shit be getting' all kinds of crazeeee here :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hymie said:

New Arai helmet, Alpinestars gloves and a stay upright course🏍

Which moto are you getting/got?

had a restoration done of a photo of mum that was taken 60 years ago when she was 28 -  priceless

• Like 4

Kawasaki Z1000sx if you can’t tell by the picture, I am a big fan of the Kawasaki inline 4.

• Like 1

Very little given in our house this Xmas, we have decided to focus on experiences instead of things, the kids got a few things, Judd got a guitar as he shows some signs of good music coordination at school, so we found him a good condition secondhand child’s guitar with beginner book and DVD, Azra got some books as she loves reading.  They have experienced another two overseas trips this year already and two east coast trips so we figured that was enough.  Nik and I got each other nothing, we get enough during the year.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Very little given in our house this Xmas, we have decided to focus on experiences instead of things, the kids got a few things, Judd got a guitar as he shows some signs of good music coordination at school, so we found him a good condition secondhand child’s guitar with beginner book and DVD, Azra got some books as she loves reading.  They have experienced another two overseas trips this year already and two east coast trips so we figured that was enough.  Nik and I got each other nothing, we get enough during the year.

Travel is the best gift 

• Like 3

Peter I bought one in November. I can recommend purchasing some quick fit watch bands. They are available in lots of great colours. You get get them for about $15 on Ebay.

About 12 pairs of socks. Bell for bike

good having son working at bike shop. 

The S3 that had been telling/softening wife on wasn’t under tree much to her relief 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Peter I bought one in November. I can recommend purchasing some quick fit watch bands. They are available in lots of great colours. You get get them for about $15 on Ebay.

Why?  

Problem with the box one?

1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

definitely get the screen protectors, don't ask me how I know. :wallbash:

New pair of Hokas to keep as race only boots, new goggles, new laptop stand for the zwift setup, and a pressure point roller kit. Lucky boy. Also my wife requested a second hand treadmill to excersize when she is home with the kids, so I have remodelled the pain cave and now have zwift running set up as well for rainy days😎

• Like 1

Mrs FP and I rarely get each other anything. We had to wake Flipper up just now and we asked if she knew what day it was and she said 'is it my birthday yet' and we said 'no it's Xmas Day' and she just said 'oh' :lol:

Apart from Flipper's Santa stocking, no present opening yet. Breakkie now, then Xmas  Day Parkrun, then we'll open pressies after lunch. (a big family tradition).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Why?  

Problem with the box one?

No problem, just that there are some cool colours. You can have a watch band to match your TT bike colour, another to match your road bike colour and one to match your favorite handbag colour.😀 They simply clip on and off in 30 seconds.

You can even get leather and metal bands if you want to wear your watch on more formal occasions.

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

definitely get the screen protectors, don't ask me how I know. :wallbash:

Agree. I replaced my first screen protector after only a few weeks when I wacked my arm on a sharp object. It protected the screen perfectly.

16 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Agree. I replaced my first screen protector after only a few weeks when I wacked my arm on a sharp object. It protected the screen perfectly.

Yeah, here's the thing, I went A over T trail running in Portugal, then found out about the protectors. I hardly notice the scratch now :whistling:

• Haha 1

Is the screen different from the 920xt?

had it 4 yrs no scratches.  

and where do I buy them 

Edited by Peter

I got a pair of knicks and The Cyclist's Training Bible.

I'm not sure if they are only saying I'm a crap cyclists or I'm a crap cyclists and not even a triathlete anymore.

I also have money that will eventually go to a big old kook board.

Something 9 ft plus is required apparently.

My brother suggests an "Old guys rule" t shirt to go with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Is the screen different from the 920xt?

had it 4 yrs no scratches.  

and where do I buy them 

The ones I bought were these.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-Garmin-Forerunner-935-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-Film-Guard/182689555099?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Nothing tri related in my house. A book or two and stuff we had to buy anyway.

Kids got new ski gear + clothes they need. New goggles and pants for me when I get to Whistler in 19 days.

8 hours ago, The Customer said:

I got Spirograph!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!

So did my 9 yo!

Nothing for Dazz and I. We just buy what we want when we want it. 

The kids did ok. Not too crazy. 

Santa brought them a scooter each and some walkie talkies to share.

We got Lily a hairdresser head, a 500 piece puzzle, an electric toothbrush and a kids Vivo Fit 2.

We got Olivia a pair of converse, a kids Vivo Fit 2, an electric toothbrush and a game of boggle.

Here's Livvy rocking her converse.

I hope everyone had a great day. I really don't like Christmas. So much emphasis is put on one day and if its not the pefect day, people lose their shit.

20181225_075710.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Or you buy what Dazz tells you to when he lets you 😯

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

So did my 9 yo!

The kids did ok. Not too crazy. 

Santa brought them a scooter each and some walkie talkies to share.

We got Lily a hairdresser head, a 500 piece puzzle, an electric toothbrush and a kids Vivo Fit 2.

We got Olivia a pair of converse, a kids Vivo Fit 2, an electric toothbrush and a game of boggle.

Here's Livvy rocking her converse.

I hope everyone had a great day. I really don't like Christmas. So much emphasis is put on one day and if its not the pefect day, people lose their shit.

20181225_075710.jpg

For those who don't know, Livvy is Cranky's 'mini me'. Cranky is taking all the wins she can get over this kid at Park run for the next five years. After that, it will just be a long downward spiral as Livvy gets quicker and quicker. Lol.

If you're disappointed with your Christmas present today, just remember that somewhere some poor kid is unwrapping a NSW jersey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25 December 2018 at 8:25 AM, Hymie said:

BB39B570-D315-4D12-A60E-7A2BE47C1551.jpeg

A very nice bike. 2019 Grampians Ride to remember?

I concede I'm hard to buy for so it's best if I just get my own presents. This year I got a nice DeWalt table saw and a new wetsuit :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm getting mine tomorrow. :)

I feel kind of bad checking Strava and seeing everyone has been out training but sheesh if you can't cut loose on Christmas Day get drunk and be merry than when can you 😎

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, trinube said:

I concede I'm hard to buy for so it's best if I just get my own presents. This year I got a nice DeWalt table saw and a new wetsuit :)

This should be accompanied by a pic of you dressed in the wetty, using the saw.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Am certain some random kid is thrilled with the goat i sent them via world vision.😅

• Haha 2

nothing.

I did eat icecream cake and pavlova on Christmas Eve, so I guess you could say I was given some extra calories...

My bike Garmin seems to have carked it today. There's something I can buy myself...

6 hours ago, Greyman said:

For those who don't know, Livvy is Cranky's 'mini me'. Cranky is taking all the wins she can get over this kid at Park run for the next five years. After that, it will just be a long downward spiral as Livvy gets quicker and quicker. Lol.

Lol.  Don't tell everyone!!! .... and I don't think it'll take 5 years!

• Haha 1

My hangover might be delayed,  I'm taking her to the panto today for her birthday, oh no I'm not, oh yes I am.

:wine:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, FatPom said:

My hangover might be delayed,  I'm taking her to the panto today for her birthday, oh no I'm not, oh yes I am.

:wine:

My kids are 11 and 16 and insisted if we were in Ireland we had to go to the panto again.