Sign in to follow this  
Guest FFF1077

Summer Storms

Guest FFF1077

Just saw the report on the summer storm in NSW 

Hope all Trannies are safe and well. 

Take care and hopefully it all ****s off for Xmas 

Cheers 

Been insane. Not just one storm but two or three on some days. Yesterday we had hail twice, the second time was worse than the first.  
A friend of mine has had no power since Saturday nights apocalypse.

On a positive note, the BOM has been almost spot on every time (except for the one on Saturday night) so we have had plenty of warning.

They're saying we should get one late today in Brisbane. Hopefully not too bad. After 38+ degrees today it could be a doozey though.

A few folks here at works have some holes in homes and cars.  Big arse hail stones this time around, thankfully not for too long and pretty isolated. 

The reports of roof holes and broken windscreens have been met with utter disdain from me. As far as Im concerned if you can stand in your loungeroom and not see the sky you are doing well. :lol: 

IMG_4033.JPG

Ahhhhh the memories!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, roxii said:

The reports of roof holes and broken windscreens have been met with utter disdain from me.

I was the same, until some-one ran into the back of our car a few years ago putting it off the road for 10 weeks due to the backlog of cars getting hail dents knocked out up here.

all i want for xmas is some bloody rain! send it over to the Nth West please, i can send some wind over in return

Edited by KieranR

Had a bass fly-fishing reccy organised today with my guiding business partner.  Took us an extra 2hrs to get there due to trees across the road & a creek that we decided was too deep to chance in his nice new BT50 on our Plan B route.  Got there in the end thanks to the local council, a few local farmers, some chainsaws and lot of branch heaving over the edge of the cliff . Caught a few nice bass on flies & learned a few things so all good. 

At least 7 big trees blocking the road which could only be moved with chainsaws, manpower & a front-end loader helped.

Came across a young Pommy couple whose rental camper van windscreen had been decimated by falling branches while they slept!

20181221_071813.jpg

20181221_094258.jpg

20181221_121645.jpg

I do not miss living in Hornsby when I read or see a storm going thru there. 

The ridge gets smashed every time. 

45 minutes ago, Peter said:

Neither do I. They always get at least one big storm a year but this is crazy and so many gum trees that come down.

• Thanks 1

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Peter said:

Well that ridge line is pretty exposed and nearby Berowra is the highest point in Sydney!

We often watch the storms come toward us here at Highvale, then split as they get to Mt Glorious & go either side of us, but when they do hit, they're spectacular. In the 5 Summers we've been here, there have been 7 houses in our street hit by lightning with major damage. It was after one of these storms that the farmer who used to own the land mentioned that they used to call this "Lightning Ridge". We have 3 feet of good soil, then straight to granite/deco, which is one of the best lightning conductors you can get.