-H-

Mooloolaba Tri

A friend of mine is looking to offload her Moo'ba tri entry at a significant discount due to injury - PM me if you're interested and I'll put you in touch

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Hmmm, dont think you can transfer.

Don’t try arranging a credit for the following year if you happen to have a significant injury requiring surgery (ie knee reconstruction) either. I have it in writing from the former IM Asia Pac CEO that the reason is that it’s more complex than IM’s systems can handle. Surely he wasn’t being less than transparent 🤔

14 hours ago, trilobite said:

Don’t try arranging a credit for the following year if you happen to have a significant injury requiring surgery (ie knee reconstruction) either. I have it in writing from the former IM Asia Pac CEO that the reason is that it’s more complex than IM’s systems can handle. Surely he wasn’t being less than transparent 🤔

As a retired RD, I'd call bullshit on that one.

I hate it when people blame policy decisions on tech.

Edited by trifun
fat fingers

1 minute ago, trifun said:

I had the same thing from a very small local event in Newcastle.  I entered the Wednesday before the race and fell sick Thursday, $200 down the drain.  A few venting comments to their private facebook chat and then emails between myself and RD he was carrying on like I was asking the world.  I called him and he immediately gave me a discount code for the following year.  Left such a bad taste that I have entered another event for the same day next year.  I don't understand why some people make things so hard.

4 minutes ago, trifun said:

It cracks me up. It's as simple as giving them a free entry code for the next year... 

9 hours ago, prizna said:

You can't receive PM's 

I'll buy it if it's a reasonable price. 

5 hours ago, trickle said:

I'm also keen and happy to take at an unreasonable price :P 

Thanks guys, I'll get her best contact number and PM you both, you can take it from there!  I'll go and clear out my inbox now....

On 11/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, RunBrettRun said:

I had the same thing from a very small local event in Newcastle.  I entered the Wednesday before the race and fell sick Thursday, $200 down the drain.  A few venting comments to their private facebook chat and then emails between myself and RD he was carrying on like I was asking the world.  I called him and he immediately gave me a discount code for the following year.  Left such a bad taste that I have entered another event for the same day next year.  I don't understand why some people make things so hard.

I was offered a credit to enter Ballarat 70.3 (although would have been a miraculous recovery from knee reconstruction surgery)...

Hardly like WTC are a small outfit without access to decent IT either.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, willie said:

It cracks me up. It's as simple as giving them a free entry code for the next year... 

Or they can give/sell the code to a mate who then enters on line as per normal.

I don't care as long as each person races under their own name and waiver (happy to forgo the processing fee that the online portal charges me in the interests of happy customers (which reminds me - BUILD IT IN TO THE ENTRY FEE you possums, or offer a paper entry form & cash/cheque option for a small extra fee))

9 minutes ago, Merv said:

Does anyone remember if this sells out ?

hasnt in several years

• Thanks 1

couldn't manage a sell out last year and that was with points up for Worlds so doubt it will sell out this year.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, prizna said:

hasnt in several years

But why risk it? Just enter and then you won't forget! 🤣🤣🤨🤔🙄😟😭

Or go do Kingscliff instead?

22 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

couldn't manage a sell out last year and that was with points up for Worlds so doubt it will sell out this year.

Once people get word that @Cranky is racing the event will sell out for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cranky said:

But why risk it? Just enter and then you won't forget! 🤣🤣🤨🤔🙄😟😭

253 bucks, I can get a gram of coke for that

5 hours ago, prizna said:

253 bucks, I can get a gram of coke for that

Maybe in 2005...

So they have just announced that there will be a draft legal sprint race at moo tri this year.  I hope I can transfer my entry across because not only do I prefer sprint distance, but I have a brand new road bike which I can use 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cat Lady said:

So they have just announced that there will be a draft legal sprint race at moo tri this year.  I hope I can transfer my entry across because not only do I prefer sprint distance, but I have a brand new road bike which I can use 😄

Haha, just posted new thread.

You might be able to swap, but I doubt that refund any money. Or maybe considering it is a late addition. But this is IM.

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Haha, just posted new thread.

You might be able to swap, but I doubt that refund any money. Or maybe considering it is a late addition. But this is IM.

Just saw the entry fee - I would probably have to pay them to switch ! 

How much is  Mool entry these days??  It's probably been my fav race, only because I have my only two good OD's there (for me), I love watching the pro's go round, and the hour I spent at the finish area with RS introducing me to about every trannie that came through!

• Like 1

From $200 to $270 with various points in between.  The sprint is about $100, for some reason when I clicked through on my phone for race entry info it looked like the entry fee was $200, but when I checked now on my iPad it showed the lower cost which is pretty reasonable.  

Ok, well that's actually not as much as I thought!  Granted the accom cost and minimum night stay is a killer!

11 hours ago, goughy said:

Ok, well that's actually not as much as I thought!  Granted the accom cost and minimum night stay is a killer!

yeah, I really hate the minimum stay, especially when it's just me going up.  Even the caravan park had 2 night minimum!

Who's going? 

I am in for a long day as haven't run since November due to injury.. 

Have done maybe 5 non-commute training rides this year

Swam a bit..

Drinking form is all good...

Hope it cools down..

ps- before anybody asks, no you wont need your wetsuit...

Im in for 5km, ocean swim and olympic.

Current water temp online says 26.7 at Mooloolaba, so Id say there is no chance of a wetty swim.

Do Qld'rs even own wetsuits??

45 minutes ago, prizna said:

I'm in.

Anyone know if it'll be a wetsuit swim?

Yep, bring the thickest one you have.

• Haha 1

I'm in. Really hoping this weather cools down. Not too sure about Moo but it is stupidly hot and humid in Hervey Bay at the moment. If Moo is as hot as Noosa was I'm going to be on struggle street! My own fault, should train more. I haven't swum since Noosa 😶

Defo not going to be a wetsuit swim!!!

1 hour ago, The new guy said:

Im in for 5km, ocean swim and olympic.

Current water temp online says 26.7 at Mooloolaba, so Id say there is no chance of a wetty swim.

Do Qld'rs even own wetsuits??

Haha some of us do! But probably only because I won a 2xu voucher a few years ago and have done a few interstate races!

15 minutes ago, CarpeDiem said:

I'm in. Really hoping this weather cools down. Not too sure about Moo but it is stupidly hot and humid in Hervey Bay at the moment. If Moo is as hot as Noosa was I'm going to be on struggle street! My own fault, should train more. I haven't swum since Noosa 😶

Defo not going to be a wetsuit swim!!!

Haha some of us do! But probably only because I won a 2xu voucher a few years ago and have done a few interstate races!

Going to be very warm. But breeze swinging around to the south, so bit cooler than this week. Just a bit though.

It was 32 degrees at 9am this morning at Mooloolaba.

Be thankful there is a change coming through. 

4 hours ago, AA7 said:

Yep, bring the thickest one you have.

Thanks but do you know if it'll be a wetsuit swim?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pieman said:

Who's going? 

I am in for a long day as haven't run since November due to injury.. 

Have done maybe 5 non-commute training rides this year

Swam a bit..

Drinking form is all good...

Hope it cools down..

ps- before anybody asks, no you wont need your wetsuit...

I’ll be there - heading up tomorrow with the family.

Me - with fingers crossed for the cool change 😀 Although I have an early wave for once so maybe not so bad. Should be fun.

In! I’m heading up today. First trip away with the 6 month old. Hoping there’s room for the bike 🤭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenneth said:

In! I’m heading up today. First trip away with the 6 month old. Hoping there’s room for her as the bike takes up a lot of space 🤭

FTFY

• Haha 3

I'm heading up tomorrow with Daz and Olivia. Lily has chosen cooking at Grandma's over a weekend of triathlon. She's a smart kid!

I'm looking forward to a fun, and chilled weekend. 🕶👙🐳

Just saw someone in a trannie cap. She looked pretty fit but even from a distance looked a bit crazy... the cap saf this weird pinkish color... who was it? 

Get ready for a storm everyone.

We just had an inch in 15 minutes, and lightning hit a tree in the yard across the road. There's more building, and heading up to you.

17 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Get ready for a storm everyone.

We just had an inch in 15 minutes, and lightning hit a tree in the yard across the road. There's more building, and heading up to you.

Yep.  First thunder just happened. The 5km might get canceled