RunBrettRun

Port 2019

in a moment of panic 2 minutes before i walked out the door at work i saw something along the lines of Port 70.3 85% sold out......quickest rego ever and im now a confirmed starter.....then talking with RBR last night and i told him i panic rego'd due to it being 85% full....only for him to mention it was only tier 3 at 85%.......

*read the whole message next time Kieran*

Now to be ripped off with flights from the Pilbara........thats gonna sting

22 minutes ago, KieranR said:

in a moment of panic 2 minutes before i walked out the door at work i saw something along the lines of Port 70.3 85% sold out......quickest rego ever and im now a confirmed starter.....then talking with RBR last night and i told him i panic rego'd due to it being 85% full....only for him to mention it was only tier 3 at 85%.......

Its only 5500km to drive  😂

28 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Tier 3 is cheaper than Tier 2, if that helps?

8 minutes ago, Limited said:

Its only 5500km to drive  😂

we are quite use to driving big distances up here, so we will be driving to Perth again to avoid the major rip off which is Karratha to Perth flights.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Tier 3 is cheaper than Tier 2, if that helps?

huh?

image.png.217052fda3cea9fe5193eb691a5433b5.png

5 minutes ago, KieranR said:

we are quite use to driving big distances up here, so we will be driving to Perth again to avoid the major rip off which is Karratha to Perth flights.

huh?

image.png.217052fda3cea9fe5193eb691a5433b5.png

Oh.  Substitute '2' for '4' then

Point being, you've saved money

On 11/12/2018 at 7:41 AM, toolex said:

Not entered yet because I'm a commitment-phobe, but I hope to be there for the full.

Too late. You may as well have entered, seeing you commented here!!

On 11/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, prizna said:

This thread is the equivalent of hot cross buns on boxing day.

Mmmmmmmm hot cross buns 🤪

On 11/12/2018 at 10:36 AM, trickle said:

No butter on my hot cross buns, I'm in training for Port 2019 don't you know!?

Accommodation booked, I think I've entered (better check that) and also break the news to my cardiologist, I lied. 2018 won't be my last IM.

Don't stress... butter is a "good fat"! 😂

On 11/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, roxii said:

There is a fair chance this will be the first time I've missed being at IMAUS since 1995

This is not ok

On 12/12/2018 at 11:46 AM, Flanman said:

Awesome 

I see what you did there 

On 20/12/2018 at 8:17 AM, KieranR said:

It's only money. You'll earn more......

The memories are there FOREVER 

3 hours ago, Cranky said:

Too late. You may as well have entered, seeing you commented here!!

Crap you made my heart miss a beat before I read the second sentence...

• Haha 1

Could be a starter if I can’t shake this hip injury for NZ, might have to transfer!

Edited by Nath.
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Torn said:

I'm in for the full..

Better start training ...next week

Training starts February 1st. You have plenty of time. Just keep rolling the arms and legs for the moment and then get cracking on Feb1st (12 week block - 1 week taper).

This is my plan - but nothing for the 2 weeks leading into February except skiing. bring it on... heading off on Feb 14 - the countdown begins.

Edited by IronmanFoz

Good plan!..except I haven't really swam since November 2016 - this won't be good 

Might be looking at this now as I’ve got a sportsman’s hernia and now cancelling my IM NZ plans. 👎

• Sad 1

If anyone is keen to offload some family friendly reasonably priced accom let me know. 

(I realise the insanity of trying to find reasonably priced accom around IM time)

I stayed at Town Beach Motor Inn last year, it might be a bit squishy, but was ok price wise. 

I'm over at Riverside this year, the ferry is gonna be a bit of a pain, but it's free and my hosts feed me well :D

14 hours ago, bengillespie78 said:

If anyone is keen to offload some family friendly reasonably priced accom let me know. 

(I realise the insanity of trying to find reasonably priced accom around IM time)

We stay here: http://www.lighthousebeachholidayvillage.com.au/rates.html 

Pretty basic but suits us perfectly and is right on the bike course!

38 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Well I have finally put the money down, 70.3 entry in yesterday. Now to figure out how to run over 10km again. 😖

I just have to learn to run again...starting off this week with 1 min run 1 min walks....21 km seems so far away right now.

On 18/01/2019 at 8:52 AM, KieranR said:

I just have to learn to run again...starting off this week with 1 min run 1 min walks....21 km seems so far away right now.

It'll come back all of a sudden. Have faith. 

• Like 1