mchay

LA still a WINNER

Oh come on. Dang that's worked out well. Another reminder that life isn't "fair" as my father always says! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Oh come on. Dang that's worked out well. Another reminder that life isn't "fair" as my father always says! 

It’s why karma is bullshit and just not a thing. 

But yeah. What a sweet investment. 

Pity the US doesn’t have a “proceeds of crime” law if the original investment was from monies fraudulently obtained. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure they would have.  

Especially since they have laws which allow them to siege money worldwide for things that aren’t crimes in the US. 

Edited by Wronggenes
Addition

Funny thread title, have met heaps of losers with big bank accounts.  LA should only be referred to as a winner for beating cancer, unless he ever beats it again let's reserve the title of winner for others

15 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Funny thread title, have met heaps of losers with big bank accounts.  

LOMBARDS  

Lots Of Money But a Real Dick

The title was what he is about at any cost. Now he wants you to know that the lawsuits did not bother him he is still "winning"

41 minutes ago, dazaau said:

I understand he made about $20m from this, nothing like the figures in the article

Are you saying a journalist didn’t get the story accurate?

wow.  I’m shocked. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Are you saying a journalist didn’t get the story accurate?

wow.  I’m shocked. 

TVNZ... Or the AFR - not a hard question of which journo might have done more research 😉

Edited by dazaau

The real funny bit in the whole Uber investment deal is, Old dopey Landis can't lay claim to any of it. He must be spewing big time after he took the settlement out of court for "chump change" compared to this nice little earner Lance. No wonder Lance didn't blow up about a settlement with landis. Lance - "here's a coupla Mil Floyd,  now go away and leave the world alone. " Meanwhile I will just go over here and watch the ticker on uber investment turnover again and again while I run my very successful podcasts from my mobile studio. Must look into getting the jet back."

i bet Travis Tygatt spat coffee all over his computer when he heard the news about Lances good fortune. Can't kill that dream, Travis! 

9 hours ago, trilobite said:

Since there are indications WTC is back on the market, has Lance made enough coin to by it and get to race IM?

Nope. 

How the hell a company that loses money at the rate Uber does is worth anything at all is a testament to the stupidity of people with money.

6 minutes ago, Stikman said:

How the hell a company that loses money at the rate Uber does is worth anything at all is a testament to the stupidity of people with money.

I said facebook would be sh1t shares to buy.  How wrong was I?

At least it seems my prediction on bitcoin being a scam is holding up.

7 hours ago, Stikman said:

Depends where you're looking in their portfolio and which balance sheet you look at. It's all in the licensing, advertising and leveragible market presence.

Uber is not just a ride sharing APP, it's the Jim franchising phenomena of the new millennium. We have several Uber services now beyond the ride sharing and  If we don't see an Uber airline and Uber funerals sometime in the future, I will be surprised.

BTW Pete, BITCOIN is just pyramid selling or investing in new shiny pyjamas! Each generation needs a scam to be sucked into and scorned! 

Nice little earner. I am sure there are quite a few investments that haven't worked out but good on him for this one. It will be interesting to see how quick her runs his marathon in Feb. He is hoping to run 2:45. 

On 12 December 2018 at 9:39 PM, ashley_s said:

Nice little earner. I am sure there are quite a few investments that haven't worked out but good on him for this one. It will be interesting to see how quick her runs his marathon in Feb. He is hoping to run 2:45. 

Yes and he's the chaser for charity. Lance is starting last and every runner he passes will earn a donation to the charity from sponsors. 

Don't forget those drugs can't have been good for the body long-term, he does not exactly look young for a 47-year-old, odds of him living past 70?

4 hours ago, trifun said:

Don't forget those drugs can't have been good for the body long-term, he does not exactly look young for a 47-year-old, odds of him living past 70?

Isn't hgh supposed to make you look and feel younger? 

14 hours ago, trifun said:

Still looks a lot better than most 47 year olds. 

I look at some of the guys I went to High School with & think "fk you've had a hard life" 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter said:

Certainly not flying commercial. 

1089051D-F2E5-41CE-AC01-81D04E37FE13.png

No, but at least it has a prop and not a jet.