Guest FFF1077

Short and to the point. Revisited.

Guest FFF1077

Hey 

This effort would not have been possible if not for the generosity and patience and understanding of the Transitions Triathlon Community. For that I am eternally grateful. 

Special thanks in no specific order goes to Katz, Stikman, KieranR, Prizna, ZED, MJK, Roxii, Turts, Fitness Buddy, Flanman, Ex Hasbeen, Surfer, Goughy, Pinkboy, Sunnygirl, Peter, Begginer Girl, Bored@work and AP 

The MKC program took me to places that I have never been, physically and mentally. That's the ONLY REASON why I enjoyed the 13+hrs of Triathlon. The whole thing was paced to perfection on my behalf due to the training AND more to the years and years of advice and mistakes that others have offered/made. Every time I went to self sabotage mode in the race, a little nugget of knowledge or a race report horror story popped up and stopped me. 

How was it you ask? 

FUN. So much ****ing fun. Better than I'd dreamed of. 

Will I be back again soon? 

NO 

Best memory? 

Too many. Seriously, waaayyyy too many. Totally Tri geeked out on the whole thing. 

Could I get under 13hrs? 

YES 

Could I KQ? 

NO 

Could I get the 10:00:xx I want? 

Yep 

Biggest regret? 

Not staying after I finished. I feel like a c@nt. 😔😔

If you want to go fast, apply at MKC. 

If you want to feel part of a community even though you are a socially akward misfit and you love Multi Sport then you should join Trannies. 

Thanks again all 

And peacefully iriony has happened. My 910 shat itself and I lost my race file. Bike file was on the Element. That's the universe telling me to go do other things for a while. 

I love you all ✌️

9/4/19

I have a lengthy race report detailing my beginnings and the race but I am also battling to put a lot of it into words as there's quite a few things that I believe must remain unsaid out of respect for a few. 

It was and is my last Triathlon. I don't miss the thought of competing. 

To those who put up money and services I again sincerely thank you for that. Especially Roxii, MJK, Stikman, Katz and KieranR. 

To those who have continued to support me and be a friend I sincerely appreciate it and love you. 

@willie

You know what to do. ✌️

Edited by FFF1077
Bits and pieces and endings

2 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

...go do other things for a while. 

Just don't disappear. Remember, even crazy tri folk enjoy other things too.

And nice work. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. 

• Like 4

I was only doing one. 

Did 3

That's not too crazy though. 

Take the time off. Give Moo the time she needs, but continue to exercise,  just not train. It'll be better for you in the long run.  Take care. And well done!!!!

• Like 2

You are inspirational Sam, not just with the way you approached and completed the Ironman but also the way you prioritise the things that are important to you.  You are a good man, a great dad and now you are also an Ironman.  Well done son! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Will I be back again soon? 

NO 

I’m calling BS on this, because I said the same thing!

No seriously, well done Sam. Enjoy the time away from it - it’s always there when you want to come back.

On 05/12/2018 at 2:59 PM, Katz said:

Just don't disappear. Remember, even crazy tri folk enjoy other things too.

And nice work. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. 

On 05/12/2018 at 2:56 PM, FFF1077 said:

And peacefully iriony has happened. My 910 shat itself and I lost my race file. Bike file was on the Element. That's the universe telling me to go do other things for a while. 

I love you all ✌️

I did ‘other things’ after my last IM race in 2011. Never done a tri since.  But still run, so sort of relevant.  

I still hang around here.  Been hanging around here since around the year 2001. Don’t have much to offer, but enjoy the discussions and banter.....And have made many life friends.

Welcome to the 13+ hour club  😁😁😁😁

Edited by skel

Guest FFF1077
1 hour ago, skel said:

I did ‘other things’ after my last IM race in 2011. Never done a tri since.  But still run, so sort of relevant.  

I still hang around here.  Been hanging around here since around the year 2001. Don’t have much to offer, but enjoy the discussions and banter.....And have made many life friends.

Welcome to the 13+ hour club  😁😁😁😁

You're an angel Skel ✌️

On 06/12/2018 at 6:31 AM, Cranky said:

I was only doing one. 

Did 3

That's not too crazy though. 

Take the time off. Give Moo the time she needs, but continue to exercise,  just not train. It'll be better for you in the long run.  Take care. And well done!!!!

Pffft rookie. I was only ever going to do one. In fact my wife threatened to leave me if I did another.  20 x Ironman later & she still is bluffing.  Luckily I'm retired now so don't have to worry about her leaving. 

• Haha 3