Jump to content
Peter

Anti Fog Solution (For Goggles)

Recommended Posts

What's actually in it?

The spray stuff?

Google isn't helping.  Hoping someone knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roxii said:

Here you go 

A2428F72-42C2-4148-B8D9-B3F56D91E96B.jpeg

Ive got a fridge full of IPA but not sure I want to waste it on defogging goggles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non of that in my spit!  (We'll, maybe some water)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they seal well, just dip them in the water before you start so you have a few ml in each side before you put them on. Make sure it's not enough to get in your eyes when you swim. Then every now & then look slightly back under you and shake your head to wash the water around the lens. I've swum for 3 hours without a fogging issue doing that.

If you're in salt water you could always put a bit of fresh in them from a bottle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
2 hours ago, goughy said:

Non of that in my spit!  (We'll, maybe some water)...

So we send you our goggles..? 🤔🤔😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
58 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If they seal well, just dip them in the water before you start so you have a few ml in each side before you put them on. Make sure it's not enough to get in your eyes when you swim. Then every now & then look slightly back under you and shake your head to wash the water around the lens. I've swum for 3 hours without a fogging issue doing that.

If you're in salt water you could always put a bit of fresh in them from a bottle. 

Yeah I use infinit in my goggles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If they seal well, just dip them in the water before you start so you have a few ml in each side before you put them on. Make sure it's not enough to get in your eyes when you swim. Then every now & then look slightly back under you and shake your head to wash the water around the lens. I've swum for 3 hours without a fogging issue doing that.

If you're in salt water you could always put a bit of fresh in them from a bottle. 

Even tonight they fogged up. Good for about 1k and then fog. 

I need the spray. 

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watered-down Coke also works. We used to use it on windscreens that would fog and it also does the trick on goggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peter said:

Even tonight they fogged up. Good for about 1k and then fog. I need the spray. 

Are they new?  Back in my diving days the routine was to clean new masks with toothpaste to remove any coating that might be lingering from manufacture. After that, spit, rub and rinse works forever. I have goggles that are years old which never fog and have never had anti-fog near them.

If you are going to buy anti-fog, make sure it's not the shit that burned that blokes eyes - I started a thread a few months ago but can't remember the brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been using the tyr stuff with no issues but just thought it might be easier to make myself. Than $15 a tiny bottle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wash the goggles with no more tears shampoo every other week and do the spit/rinse thing leaving a tiny bit of water in the goggles as Ex described.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trinube said:

Are they new?  Back in my diving days the routine was to clean new masks with toothpaste to remove any coating that might be lingering from manufacture. After that, spit, rub and rinse works forever. I have goggles that are years old which never fog and have never had anti-fog near them.

If you are going to buy anti-fog, make sure it's not the shit that burned that blokes eyes - I started a thread a few months ago but can't remember the brand.

this is exactly what i do, toothpaste, then its just spit and splash of water each time, never had a fogging issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On snorkelling trips, they always have a solution with dishwashing detergent which you dip mask in and then rinse off. Seems to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zed said:

home remedies = mixed results

 

I just use arena anti-fog.

I just bought 2 bottles. 

Experiment failed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slowlane said:

Baby shampoo scratched my goggles, anyone else had this problem? 

How is that even possible ? (assuming you didn’t have sand all over your fingers) 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Slowlane said:

Baby shampoo scratched my goggles, anyone else had this problem? 

Speedos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rinse my gear when I get home. I put some baby shampoo in the goggles, swoosh around  bit (make bubbles) then rinse out. No fog when I use them next. 

 

ETA I so have and sometimes use the Arena stuff. I find it useless as f.......  not as bad in open water,  it maybe pool chemicals gets to it quickly? Baby suds lasts. 

Edited by Turts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used some of the soap from the dispensers in the toilets before and that seems to do the job..just need to make sure you rinse it all out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, FFF1077 said:

No Tears baby shampoo 

Is not no tears! One time I didn't rinse it out well enough, a bit of water got in, mixed with it and my eye was red and sore all day.  Babies must have tough eyeballs!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lick the lense before I get into the water.  Never have fog issues.  

 

Ill spit in bottles and send them out for free if you want to capture this amazing anti-fog saliva I contain.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2018 at 6:10 AM, Cranky said:

Is not no tears! One time I didn't rinse it out well enough, a bit of water got in, mixed with it and my eye was red and sore all day.  Babies must have tough eyeballs!!

I did this one time as well.. i was cursing johnson and johnson the whole swim...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...