7-Cate Campbell 

6-Stephanie Gilmore

5-Ash Barty

4-Sam Kerr

3-Joe Inglis 

2-Marc Leishman

1-Ben Simmons .

Thanks everyone for all your nominations👍

Not sure what constituted the criteria for ranking, though it's an interesting list in that it suggests changing times.

Especially for a non-Olympic year it is very unusual to have 5 women ranked a such a list.

Also no cricketers on the list. Although one ex-cricketer.

Edited by Paul Every

I seem to have said at about this time of year for the last few years 'it hasn't been a vintage year for Aussie Sports', maybe my expectations are too high.

Assuming the list is based on Aussie performances on the World stage. Daniel Ricciardo robbed of a spot by his unreliable car. 

Domestically there wasn't really a standout in AFL, Rugby, NRL or Cricket that would demand a spot in the way that Dusty Martin did in 2017. 

Sam Kerr is a genuine star, She has a huge future in soccer, great things to come for the Womens Aussie team if they can build around her.

Her sister Maddie is my young fellas school teacher, I've had a few good chats with her about Sam, appears she was always destined to be a sports star...apparently is good at any sport she tries.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Whats the ranking based on??

If its on $$ then triathletes will be a way off. 

Criteria:

Australian Sports people the general public would pay to see play/do their sport.

I have to be honest, Daniel Riccardo for me.  But not many others.

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have to be honest, Daniel Riccardo for me.  But not many others.

Not until he gets a reliable car, is going to Renault going to be any better than Red Bull......if Honda give red bull an engine with straight line speed and reliability it may turn out to be a shit move going to Renault...but if Renault get their head around the engine and make it reliable it could be a great move.

I had to drop to No.5 before I knew anyone. 

And can you tell me how the 21st ranked golfer in the world gets No.2, and the 11th ranked golfer gets No.9? That has me stumped.

At the other end

1 Michael Cheika

2 The Wallabies 

3 Bernard Tomic

4 John Hopoate

5 Dave Warner

6 Nick Kyrgios

7 Manly Sea Eagles

8 Steve Smith

9 Jeremy Cameron

10 Dylon Napa

IMO

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2018 at 10:26 AM, Peter said:

Criteria:
Australian Sports people the general public would pay to see play/do their sport.

Then that list above is a long way off the mark. 

I reckon Craig Lowndes and the guys and Gal from the V8's would get more bums on seats than any of those on that list 

So I'll nominate the Aussie Womens Cricket team who generally play to empty stadiums but are the best in the world ... again

AJ

• Like 3

On 23/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, KieranR said:

Not until he gets a reliable car, is going to Renault going to be any better than Red Bull......if Honda give red bull an engine with straight line speed and reliability it may turn out to be a shit move going to Renault...but if Renault get their head around the engine and make it reliable it could be a great move.

Sorry, my interpretation is a little different. DR played with fire with Renault and he got burned. They were always going to prefer Verstappen, because of his Dad's connections and that he has always been a decent pedaller. DR should have gone to Ferrari before Seb - even on the money they were throwing - as he now seems destined to be running either non-competitive equipment in an underfunded team, or 2nd fiddle driver in a decent team.

Sorry to say it as he's the most interesting bloke in the paddock!

Also, word on the street is that Renault are going to be scaling back their funding of F1 because the boss (Ghosn) was on the fiddle!