trifun

Noosa 2019

Just to get it started early......

Have been contemplating this for years and cant find enough backers so....

Would anyone be up for a team entry text year - proviso: You have to do the ind event first!

Personally the swim is my fav bit and I reckon I'm good for another 1500 at around the 22 min mark, so after someone who is up for a second crack at the bike and another to run. I'm intending to enter Open Masters so I'll be rested for about an hour in time to start in the "Club teams" cat. For this to work the cyclist would prob also need to enter (S4S, Open/Master, Premium Mates or, Legends  categories).

Does it sound like a buzz to do "two" Noosa Tri's in the same year ????

Imagine if one was to win prizes in two different divisions :)

I've got two sets of goggles but the Cyclist may need two bikes (& helmets & shoes) - or a complicit race marshal.

Edit: the hardest part will be choosing a really good team name....

Edited by trifun
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, trifun said:

Edit: the hardest part will be choosing a really good team name...

The Two-Timing Triathletes

• Like 1

I'd rather stay married thanks (triathlon already gets referred to as a mistress)

Considering a team entry, but not doing the whole of Noosa myself - heard the swim was quite rough this year, not vomiting on fellow competitors!

Happy to ride.

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

Considering a team entry, but not doing the whole of Noosa myself - heard the swim was quite rough this year, not vomiting on fellow competitors!

Happy to ride.

Bit of chop, nothing bad.

2 hours ago, trifun said:

Does it sound like a buzz to do "two" Noosa Tri's in the same year ????

Imagine if one was to win prizes in two different divisions :)

Did something similar at Gundy a few years ago when I had a running injury. It was one of the years the swim was in the dam. I swam for one team then got a lift in someone's car to the bike back in town. Then rode for a different team. And got second place men's team from memory. 

12 hours ago, AA7 said:

Bit of chop, nothing bad.

No the swell was huge and it was also the hottest day that has ever been in Australia 

must be global warming 

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2018 at 5:34 AM, ironpo said:

No the swell was huge and it was also the hottest day that has ever been in Australia 

must be global warming 

My SIL (who lives in Noosa) tells us about 100 people rescued and 2 deaths on that day.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

My SIL (who lives in Noosa) tells us about 100 people rescued and 2 deaths on that day.

There was a bit of chop and it was 29 deg. I don't think you can blame the conditions for the deaths.

As for the 100 rescues, people are ill-prepared if they had trouble in that. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AA7 said:

There was a bit of chop and it was 29 deg. I don't think you can blame the conditions for the deaths.

Yeah, I know we are just soft.  Years ago, triathlon made me think I was a complete hard-arse too, but then reality brought me to my knees.

I was pretty well prepared (hence my swim fitness got me home in a decent time for me), but if you live well inland, you can't prepare for choppy water and it is somewhat unnerving, not helped by being in the last wave and watching those 100 people rescued through the window of the surf club :blink:

On 10/11/2018 at 2:34 AM, ironpo said:

must be global warming 

Thought that only occurred in Hawaii..? And the windiest winds you will find.. 😂✌️

5 hours ago, AA7 said:

It may have been 29 at Noosa, but it was 31 at Tewantin by midday. And heading out to Cooroy it was that hot at 10am. Average November maximum for Tewantin is 26.7, so early in the month, you'd be averaging 5 degrees cooler than last Sunday.

As far as conditions overall though, what I saw of the surf was very tame really, just a bit of chop. To have to pull that many people out shows how many people approach this sport unprepared. I suppose a lot of them would have been hoping for a wetsuit swim. And the heat, yes it was hot, but this is a Summer sport. It's only going to get hotter over the next few months.

• Like 1

I was one of the last waves to go 8:40 or thereabouts.  I’ve swim in quite a variety of conditions over the last few years and I have to say it was more disconcerting than rough.  Someone made reference to it being a washing machine and I think that described it best.  Normally with chop I   adjust my head and breathing angle to suit the conditions but I just couldn’t do it.  It was chop every which way so it was a matter of digging in and hoping that the particular breathe didn’t include a face slap of water. 🤷‍♀️ Unfortunately I either swallowed to much water or ate too much yoghurt for breakfast which resulted in something I’ve never done and never want to do in a swim again. 🤮  of interest was the number of people walking out of the water and up the beach.  There’s always a few but most jog,  the dozen of people or so in front of me were all walking.

insofar as heat is concerned my watch had it at 31 in Death Valley but I didn’t find it particularly bad.  Could of been due to the fact I was doing the walk of the wounded 😳.  I also had a bag of ice. 😂

Having a look at the Prem mates wave entry on Tuesday. After 32 years in the sport. I better bucket list it. Did watch it in 1992. 😉

Edited by Chuckie M

80% sold in under an hour, get in quick if you're thinking about it.

Willie.....you in??

Im in, need something to do at the end of next year after becoming a dad in May (2 weeks after ironman) will mean training will take a back seat for a while.  This will be a nice family holiday.

• Like 2

Congrats mate... good luck having a nice holiday or a decent race with a 6 month old... 😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Im in, need something to do at the end of next year after becoming a dad in May (2 weeks after ironman) will mean training will take a back seat for a while.  This will be a nice family holiday.

Congrats

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Exciting times! Congratulations ☺

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

That's bad family planning (bubs are notorious for NOT arriving on due date)....

I have not yet been forgiven for doing a Noosa 2 weeks before #2 was born (#1 was 10 days late).

Bonus is every year when his birthday weekend coincides with Noosa (it used to be earlier in the year - even Bathurst weekend) she gets reminded and I'm back in the poo.

Anyway, congrats and will that be cycle or run leg.....

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Congratulations. If you ever decide to shave that beard off , make sure you do it with a little tyke there. I remember waking up one morning when I was about three and wondering who the strange man was in my house. My dad had shaved his beard off and I had no clue who he was!

• Haha 4

Why are we always seeing posts asking for someone to bring something you forgot up to a race, or asking the same question that was answered previously;

IF

6 hours ago, Cranky said:

I remember waking up one morning when I was about three

You have a memory like that? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Makes you wonder why they don't split the field over 2 days.  

Usual issues of road closures I imagine.