Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Live aid acts. 1.9 billion watched

I suppose that depends on whether you want an "all-time rock gig"  or bums on seats. 

For bums on seats it woudl probably be Taylor Swift, Ed Sheerin and one for those "R'n'B" folk.   (not showing my age just my complete disinterest for the genre)  :lol: 

10 minutes ago, pieman said:

Foo fighters

They are my favourite band! always have one of their concerts on full noise when im on zwift!

A friend of mine was in the same class as Nate in high school.  and Im a massive fan of Dave Grohl, he kicked arse in Nirvana and since starting FF hes gone up a level...and while im at it, i love how they are huge queen fans and how Taylor almost always gets up and blasts out a queen hit!......and Chris on guitar...that guy is just cool.

IF they were alive, the same bands would draw the same, or bigger crowds.

But, missing them, yeah, I'd have to say Taylor Swift, Adriana Grande, get One Direction back together, a couple of the dance DJs, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran & Beyonce, but then you'd also get Queen, Elton, Phil Collins, Sting & BTR to do a couple songs.

I wish i could have seen Queen...i watch the queen concert at wembley in 1986 all the time!

INXS before Michael died.....so good

U2 draw a good crowd

I dont like all the new music

14 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I wish i could have seen Queen...i watch the queen concert at wembley in 1986 all the time!

U2 draw a good crowd

Adam Lambert is awesome.  Great performer and fits the band really well, but also has enough respect to know that he is not and never will be Freddie.  Lady GaGa happened to be in town when I saw them as well, and ended up on stage to sing 'Another One Bites The Dust.'  Very cool.  If they tour OZ again do yourself a favour and get onto it

I saw INXS with JD Fortune a few years ago as well, and unfortunately the reverse was true.  JD just tried too hard to be Michael

I think you would get them all coning. make it over a week if you had to.  I remember watching it live all night on tv. yep I am that old.  I pumped coffee into me as I didn't want to miss a thing. the reforming of heaps of bands, queen after a long break, led zeppelin, reformed, I think the who did as well, and there was madonna, hall and Oates, the cars, Phil collins.   I have the dvd which is worth getting. 

24 minutes ago, Prince said:

I think you would get them all coning

Well the Rolling Stones certainly would be...

Speaking of old bands, I'm seeing the Happy Mondays in Feb.... if they turn up that is.

Not sure they'd make it past the party favours in the green room at a Live Aid gig.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

Freddy was the greatest front man of any band ever.

Have you seen the movie?

What do you recon?

20 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Adam Lambert is awesome.  Great performer and fits the band really well, but also has enough respect to know that he is not and never will be Freddie. 

Youtube Fun and Queen, reckon the lead singer from that band would give Adam a good run for his money

i would love to see Metallica live again. Currently doing my cleaning chores at home with the black album on full noise.  It’s the only CD I ever had in my first car...just on repeat constantly 🤘

On 08/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, KieranR said:

U2 draw a good crowd

I was at that concert ( on the Friday). INXS were a stand in for Virginia Wolf, who couldn’t make it.  They weren’t that popular, Shabooh Shabbah was only available on import then ( I drove to London to buy a copy). I don’t think Listen Like Thieves had been released but could be wrong

Status Quo were before Queen and I think The Alsrm before them.

It was a full on day and I got to stand on the turf at ( the real) Wembley

Edited by FatPom

On 09/11/2018 at 4:44 PM, Rocket Salad said:

Freddy was the greatest front man of any band ever.

With the best male Rock voice ever.  Damn he could sing.

57 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I was at that concert ( on the Friday). INXS were a stand in for Virginia Wolf, who couldn’t make it.  They weren’t that popular, Shabooh Shabbah was only available on import then ( I drove to London to buy a copy). I don’t think Listen Like Thieves had been released but could be wrong

I finally saw them at festival Hall in brissie, would have been around the time of the Welcome to Wherever You Are album?  I left underwhelmed and disappointed.  My wife had seen them in Holland during the Kick/X tour and she would say it was like night and day the difference.  But at least I did get to see them.

On 09/11/2018 at 9:32 AM, KieranR said:

U2 draw a good crowd

Queen came to Aus in 74 to play the Sunbury Music Festival and we’re booed off the stage... but so we’re Skyhooks.

In the early 80’s I saw INXS at the Homestead Hotel in Brissie for $8.

In the mid to late 70’s (?) I got dragged along to see a band at North’s footy club, think I was 16. I almost said no when they were charging $10 at the door  but paid and went in anyway. The band was AC/DC 😎

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

Queen came to Aus in 74 to play the Sunbury Music Festival and we’re booed off the stage... but so we’re Skyhooks.

Bloody hell who were they holding out for Daddy Cool ? 

Actually, watched the queen specials on 9now last night.  74 was pretty early days, and they were pretty out there for then.  Probably barely charting here then.  A crowd full of Billy Thorpe fans might not take to early Queen, or the sky hooks who were also early into the glam realm.

38 minutes ago, roxii said:

Bloody hell who were they holding out for Daddy Cool ? 

Olivia Newton-John?

2 hours ago, Mike Del said:

In the early 80’s I saw INXS at the Homestead Hotel in Brissie for $8.

In the mid to late 70’s (?) I got dragged along to see a band at North’s footy club, think I was 16. I almost said no when they were charging $10 at the door  but paid and went in anyway. The band was AC/DC 😎

I saw GnR support The Cult in 87 ( I think)