Peter

Wurf watch

8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

It’s a little ironic that Faris is Lange’s coach ...

Faris has apparently been denied entry to the US as his father us Iraqi.

10 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Faris and Norman called Macca out as drafting cheat a number of times

Sunny Garcia did the same thing 

5 hours ago, Charlesn said:

But gee Macca went mighty quiet when the Sunny Garcia story broke. Only now is it probably safe for Macca to return to Hawaii

But did he?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Peter said:

I don’t think Lange is liked by any of the non German pros.  

They all know he cheats.  

This was a great video. Love the piss taking of others and himself.  

I hear Wurf is starting to be the disliked person in Kona..... Sounds like he needs to win to get the respect he deserves.

5 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I hear Wurf is starting to be the disliked person in Kona..... Sounds like he needs to win to get the respect he deserves.

Tipping Wurf couldn't give a shit about being liked or disliked. Also tipping he doesn't care about being respected.

The guy is out there for a good time. Loves taking the piss out of ppl & and enjoying himself.

5 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

But did he?

Yes he did. After being in Kona for every year previously then not showing up for two years in a row. I think he went last year to hang out with the Prince of drafting. Not going back this year.

Have a look at all the past winners they are back there year in year out.

6 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Tipping Wurf couldn't give a shit about being liked or disliked. Also tipping he doesn't care about being respected.

The guy is out there for a good time. Loves taking the piss out of ppl & and enjoying himself.

Totally agree.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AA7 said:

The trash talking continues

IMG_20191010_053041.png

Pretty hard to be trucked in behind when you’re actually 3 minutes up the road. Starky is confusing the 20 odd kms that he took turns with josh and cam - after Cam bridged by about the 50km mark - with the last 110km of the ride ... but hey, apparently Starky is in the race to win ...

Edited by Andrew #1

Did you watch his breakfast with Bob interview-sounded like he was on meth mixed with 10 cans of redbull!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, more said:

Did you watch his breakfast with Bob interview-sounded like he was on meth mixed with 10 cans of redbull!

Andrew's history is pretty amazing.  he is lucky to still be racing and alive.

He's actually go good guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Andrew's history is pretty amazing.  he is lucky to still be racing and alive.

He's actually go good guy.

Absolutely, he has faced some terrible shit....still could use some decaf though 

• Like 1

Wurf wearing a sanders t shirt.  Gold

How can you not love his total piss take of everything

image.png.79e61a64aa18ed585e90b6ad1991f231.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a piss take, but Cam did mention at the Press Conference that he’s down to race a ITU World Cup in 4 weeks time as part of a crack at making the Olympic Team. 

Is there any truth to that? Personally I think he has Buckley’s of learning how to run sub 3min kms for 10km aged 36, even with his huge aerobic engine.

However, I can’t see the harm in his trying: learning to swim under 18minutes for 1500M and some specific speed training on the running track over the next 6 months can only help his cause of winning in Kona in 12 months time. Assuming he doesn’t get injured.

9 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Sounds like a piss take, but Cam did mention at the Press Conference that he’s down to race a ITU World Cup in 4 weeks time as part of a crack at making the Olympic Team. 

Is there any truth to that? Personally I think he has Buckley’s of learning how to run sub 3min kms for 10km aged 36, even with his huge aerobic engine.

However, I can’t see the harm in his trying: learning to swim under 18minutes for 1500M and some specific speed training on the running track over the next 6 months can only help his cause of winning in Kona in 12 months time. Assuming he doesn’t get injured.

Yeh I just dont know with Cam. But I cant see TA giving him a start, I think they have to choose the athletes that race???

It was a joke people. He isn't even in the ITU program.  Probably not even a member of Triathlon Australia

If he could pick up his swim a bit he'd make a good domestique to bring up any of our other athletes who can run well but miss the lead pack on the bike.

3 hours ago, Peter said:

It was a joke people. He isn't even in the ITU program.  Probably not even a member of Triathlon Australia

There are a lot of end of season World Cup races where we send zero athletes to. Wurf has deep AIS connections, so I wouldn’t discount the possibility of TA sanctioning Cam an entry at a World Cup race that no other Aussie has entered (or less than the 5 permissible slots per race) IF he agreed to pay for his own travel and support team etc.

I tend to agree that it was a joke ... but with Cam ... who knows. 

30 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

4 weeks to recover, he'll blitz it. :)

If running 3’20” kms (if lucky) is blitzing it, then sure, he’ll blitz it. Meanwhile the top 40 will be aiming for 3 minutes k pace, evens. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

If running 3’20” kms (if lucky) is blitzing it, then sure, he’ll blitz it. Meanwhile the top 40 will be aiming for 3 minutes k pace, evens. 

The highest ranked athlete in the advertised field is Morgan Pearson at 23rd. He ran a touch under 33 minutes at his last race. I don't think 40 athletes will be aiming for 3 minute pace.

40 will be aiming, not many will make it. There are definately a few in that field who have run sub 31 min in races before. At least a couple of the USA guys are x track runners who would be 28-29 min 10k guys. Sissons is also listed. Wurf may be aiming for  building a collection of olympic points and to try and show he can bike his way to a front pack. This race doesn't have any of the strong swim bikers racing though so won't give a true indication of his domestic potential. I will be most interested in his swim. 

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If he could pick up his swim a bit he'd make a good domestique to bring up any of our other athletes who can run well but miss the lead pack on the bike.

I thought a few of the Kona winners have already proven you don’t need to be on the front group on the bike.

Just now, IronmanFoz said:

I thought a few of the Kona winners have already proven you don’t need to be on the front group on the bike.

We're talking draft legal bike, and 10km run, so with some of the fast runners that will be in the Olympic race, if they aren't at least real close to the front pack at the end of the bike they may as well not put their runners on.

Just listened to his fitter podcast interview post race. 

He is 100% on trying for an Olympic spot.  

I love the guy. Love his dreams. But he just will never swim with the lead pack at the Olympics.  So no point picking him.  

I don’t get it. 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Just listened to his fitter podcast interview post race. 

He is 100% on trying for an Olympic spot.  

I love the guy. Love his dreams. But he just will never swim with the lead pack at the Olympics.  So no point picking him.  

I don’t get it. 

I’d say he swims about 18:45 for 1500M on some pretty inconsistent training. Let’s see what the Tower 26 guys can get him down to on 35km swimming per week over the Northern winter.

22 hours ago, Peter said:

Haha, joke's on you :)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Haha, joke's on you :)

Absolutely

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Absolutely

But wouldn't be surprised if it's still an elaborate joke by Cam

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Then there's this 

Yikes, that’s a bit of a strong conclusion for a pro cyclist learning to run.

3 hours ago, AA7 said:

But wouldn't be surprised if it's still an elaborate joke by Cam

That's pretty out there if it is!

55 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Yikes, that’s a bit of a strong conclusion for a pro cyclist learning to run.

For this forum, where we piled into team sky for years, Froome and Wiggins, its amazing that we did not raise it. Having said thst starky says he's joking in the tweet

History has proven that almost every cyclist that has turned his hand to running has turned in some pretty impressive times rather quickly 

What is that feckless nonesense from Starky.

Going back the 1970s with the publication of James Fox’s The Complete Book of Running the orthodox position has been that someone taking up distance running for the first time needs 2 years of base before they can or should push there weekly run Mileage up to the 100km+ range necessary to have a serous crack at a marathon PB.

Cam and his coaches have waited to THIS year, his third year in the sport, to push his running up to the situation where he can run 100km + per week, week in-week out.

Given that, and the fact that Cam is an Olympian (and ranked No.1 in the world in the hardest VO2 Max sport in the summer Olympic program when recurring injuries curtailed his rowing career) an 11 minute improvement in his run split at Kona in the past year is not at all suspicious.

Stop drinking a zillion coffees Starky before posting crap on social media FFS! 

1 minute ago, roxii said:

History has proven that almost every cyclist that has turned his hand to running has turned in some pretty impressive times rather quickly 

Before he was a domestique pro cyclist Wurf was an Olympic rower and ranked No. 1 in the world before injury ended his rowing career. THATS the important thing to remember: he has a VO2 max that would likely rival a Norwegian cross country skiing champion.

57 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

What is that feckless nonesense from Starky.

He is trolling (successfully!)

20 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

wurf is the love child of the winklevoss twins

Is that where all his money comes from?  I did wonder. 

2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

For this forum, where we piled into team sky for years, Froome and Wiggins, its amazing that we did not raise it. Having said thst starky says he's joking in the tweet

yes, sky.... that did cross my mind!

But doping isn't a funny joke. more  likely to get sued than laughs! Better going after someone's mum or something ;)

2 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

THATS the important thing to remember: he has a VO2 max that would likely rival a Norwegian cross country skiing champion.

So did LA, right? 

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is that where all his money comes from?  I did wonder. 

they rowed at the 2008 olympics, wurf at 04 and wurf looks like a mini version of them

4 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Before he was a domestique pro cyclist Wurf was an Olympic rower and ranked No. 1 in the world before injury ended his rowing career. THATS the important thing to remember: he has a VO2 max that would likely rival a Norwegian cross country skiing champion.

Does he, ppl talk about his engine, but I have never seen a vo2 number given. Is it just speculation? Not sure it was crazy high when he was younger in rowing. Anyone have any true stats?

Just did some research. The highest result that I could find was 80, tested during his cycling career. Then in 2018 he did some testing and the article stated the result was between 75 and 80 but didn't give a conclusive figure. These are fairly high but certainly not  what I would class extraordinary. I actually assumed he would have been a bit higher.