humdrum

WTB - cheap simple gps watch

I go for the odd jog with a friend and she doesn't have a GPS watch and Strava on her mobile always gets it wrong!

So I thought if I can get her a simple cheap running gps watch to help her out a little...

Surely someone has a forerunner 10 or whatever lying around collecting dust, now that we ALL have a 935 :)

Hmmm, I would have not categorized the vivoactive as simple and cheap...  what did you want for it ?

I am probably not that generous a friend...🤣

Here is some pics, Has a small mark on the bottom right corner

$50 and its yours, also have an extra charger

image.thumb.png.e7fa010bada2f9b53a6baec39c47cd29.png

image.png.36d506e87c973496dc775eaef0167004.png

I do have a forerunner 110 lying around, but the strap is broken and they are not the interchangeables (you would need to get a velcro strap) free if I still have it.

I have an old Forerunner 405 that Roxii passed on through the pay it forward thread. Battery lasts about an hour, but happy to send it to you if you want it.

Whats your budget or upload requirements?

I have a 910XT which uploads via the cable.

Good point.

I think she would not be good with cable. Which also rules out the 110 I think.

We run pretty slow, so an hour may not be enough, but thanks Naut!

Great offer Limited. Before I spend that on her though I may just do a little sneaky questioning that she would actually use it.

Humdrum, I was gifted a 910 from on here. It had a slight leak so I couldn't swim in it, but it would be fine running. She just has to remember not to shower in it or run in a downpour.

They are fairly big if she has tiny wrists though. Let me know.

On 09/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, Limited said:

Here is some pics, Has a small mark on the bottom right corner

$50 and its yours, also have an extra charger

image.thumb.png.e7fa010bada2f9b53a6baec39c47cd29.png

image.png.36d506e87c973496dc775eaef0167004.png

Hey mate, if no one else grabs this I wouldn't mind it for my son.  He's feeling left out because everyone else in the family has a "smart" watch but I dont want to get him an exxy one as he will probably break it.  :lol: 

Let me know. 

Hey roxii. 

If humdrum doesn’t want it, it’s all yours.

It’s a great watch. Currently used for the fastest bike split at Kona 🤣

• Haha 1

You can give to Roxii. I probably hadn't thought this throuh enough... need to do a bit more investigating to make sure she'd use it...

I'm wondering why her phone would be off? I'd have thought it would be as accurate as a watch, if not more so due to the size advantage for more antennas.

I think it's a combination of older phone in not so pristine condition, holding the phone whilst running...

But at the same time I know she wouldn't do the cable download.

Just now, humdrum said:

I think it's a combination of older phone in not so pristine condition, holding the phone whilst running...

But at the same time I know she wouldn't do the cable download.

Holding the phone while running sucks. Could just get an arm band phone holder from kmart? 

Of course I think the watch is the way to go as I hate running with things on my body but if she isn't going to use it much then maybe that is the safer bet?