more

Bike bib for ya bits

Something that has annoyed me for ages is how bike bib/shorts mash up ya bits. I was thinking there has to be a better way, why isn't there room for ya bits, why do they need to get smashed, mashed and contorted in an ungodly fashion. So then I read that Assos bike shorts have a cup for the blokes bits-is this correct and if so are they comfy? Are there any other manufacturers that don't make you wear female  bike shorts?

Maybe the problem is you just have "More"???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Sure you not wearing a size too small? 

Or chicks bibs?

Maybe he's just packing more than the rest of us :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, goughy said:

Maybe the problem is you just have "More"???

Dunno, is 12 inches normal? 😂

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Sure you not wearing a size too small? 

Don't think so, was sized by the bike shop so meh...either way you look at it though our bits get mashed without room or a cup for it all? Just doesn't seem to make any sense to me

Just now, more said:

Dunno, is 12 inches normal? 😂

"Tell 'im he's dreaming" 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Or chicks bibs?

Maybe he's just packing more than the rest of us :lol:

Im 99% sure they are male bibs but really what is the difference?

4 minutes ago, more said:

The cut / shape of the knicks plus the chamois are different . Maybe youre not 'dressing' properly. Im a chick so cant help you there 😆

Sometimes it takes a while to find the ones that suit you, we had a thread about this a while ago

Edit: are you wearing undies or speedos? Youre not meant to

Edited by Surfer

Just now, Surfer said:

The cut / shape of the knicks plus the chamois are different . Maybe youre not 'dressing' properly. Im a chick so cant help you there 😆

Sometimes it takes a while to find the ones that suit you, we had a thread about this a while ago

So what I do and I think is the general consensus is to pull the block and tackle up-hence the smash and mash of it being crashed against your lower abdomen for hours one end, with . Doesn't seem like a logical or comfy way to go about things?

Dunno, wouldn't it just make more sense to have some room for it all, like a bit of a cup or something?

So I guess back to my original question-are there any designers that accommodate the twig and berries, the frank and beans, the wedding tackle, the one eyed trouser snake....the tally wacker....?

Ah, I never wore bibs on the TT bike come to think of it because it's not nice. 

5 minutes ago, more said:

So what I do and I think is the general consensus is to pull the block and tackle up-hence the smash and mash of it being crashed against your lower abdomen for hours one end, with . Doesn't seem like a logical or comfy way to go about things?

Dunno, wouldn't it just make more sense to have some room for it all, like a bit of a cup or something?

So I guess back to my original question-are there any designers that accommodate the twig and berries, the frank and beans, the wedding tackle, the one eyed trouser snake....the tally wacker....?

In all honesty having ridden in everything from budgies to bibs, I think its more the fact that your jewels would preferably reside where the nose of the saddle is and they cant both inhabit the same space. So yes you just have to position yourself as comfortably as possible and "suck it up" so to speak!! :lol:  

48 minutes ago, more said:

Oh my better half is always saying there is a huge difference rejecting guys bibs and complaining never enough good bibs for chicks🙄😄

I wear Assos and can’t find anything comparable. I bought the new bibs on the weekend after seeing them at the Noosa Expo. Being back on my bike the last few weeks, I’ve been wearing a range knicks while I’ve been Zwifting and my girl bits have  been sore too! The Assos are the only ones that don’t leave me sore. 

Edited by beginnergirl

The Assos has a "kuku penthouse" for your schlong to hide in...

touted as the most expensive shorts ever...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Its why 5:30-6 hours on a bike during an ironman is so impressive.  

You should try it after geelong. 😀

btw. Racing wstc next weekend?

http://wstc.org.au/eventresults.aspx?EventID=27

Its the only thing that kills me during a long ride-not my legs, its my bruddy nuts and my neck....I reckon Id need to get castrated to do a full!! Seriously thinking about shelling out for the uber expensive Assos if it gives me some groinal relief :blink:

And WSTC-Yep rip rearing and ready to go...except training has been shite-living on coffee/biscuits and no sleep. Very busy at work...but that's my pre races excuses getting into gear :)

You’re a triathlete now. 

You blame an injury on poor form not being busy at work. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

You’re a triathlete now. 

You blame an injury on poor form not being busy at work. 

Oh didnt I mention my dodgy knee has been playing up? B)

• Haha 1

Is it your seat position? I run my saddle, a fizik arione vsx, 6 degrees nose down and the seat has a deep groove to give a bit more relief through the centre

10 hours ago, Shrek said:

Oh my better half is always saying there is a huge difference rejecting guys bibs and complaining never enough good bibs for chicks🙄😄

Most of the difference I've found is the bib strap placement. Designed for different chest bits  

44 minutes ago, Slunnie said:

Is it your seat position? I run my saddle, a fizik arione vsx, 6 degrees nose down and the seat has a deep groove to give a bit more relief through the centre

I've been thinking about trying that actually. Was fitted at SBR in St Kilda for what it's worth. Will try bumping it down a little this weekend.

My seat is a Specialized Sitero...

34 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Don't wear Bibs!!!!

So what just shorts? 

1 minute ago, more said:

I've been thinking about trying that actually. Was fitted at SBR in St Kilda for what it's worth. Will try bumping it down a little this weekend.

My seat is a Specialized Sitero...

I have heard some say the seat should be flat, I am absolutely not a believer in that. Angling the seat nose down will give you more comfort and nut room, allow you to rotate your hips more which will flatten your back out and you can setup your armrests so that you don't slide forward or backward in the seat in a relaxed position that doesnt require effort to hold yourself. I very briefly tested a Sitero but it wasnt for me, but it seems a really popular seat.

3 minutes ago, more said:

So what just shorts? 

As someone said if you're on a tt bike then I'd never wear proper bib shorts as my bike fit and races are always in tri shorts and won't feel right...

I always found bibs more comfortable on the roadie, but in a full TT position they always felt like they were ripping my balls apart because of the bend in the lower back and the slack material at the front.