KieranR

Missing person - Work Colleague

Hey 

So a work mate of mine never showed up for work today, hes been riding his motorbike around Australia and on Sunday he was leaving Kununurra, we are not sure if he was taking the bitumen back to Karratha or travelling down the Gibb river road, no one has heard from him since.  Today he was due back.  He's a very reliable person so not showing up is out of character.   He is now listed as an official missing person through all the right channels

But - is there a way with all the technology these days that we may be able to find some sort of recent moment of his where abouts, maybe an app or something.....Im not very tech savvy so am looking for options.  he has his mobile but is going directly to message bank

We are all very worried

Thanks

• Sad 2

If he is officially a "Missing Person" with the police, they should be able to have his mobile phone company provide either a rough location if it is still turned on, or a last known location if it is off. It will have to go through official police channels though, as there are strict privacy issues with this sort of information. Even then it may take a few days if it is not deemed as an emergency, or life threatening.

edit to add: A lot of police won't know about this. When I was looking for my daughter years back when she was young & stupid, I actually showed an officer what could be done with an app that was available at the time. Unfortunately that app isn't available any more.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

18 minutes ago, KieranR said:

ok thanks Ex, he has been officially listed as a missing person.

All the best for a good outcome KieranR

Depending if and how he has setup his google account, if someone has his password and logs on to Google Maps, it will show where his phone is (assuming it is still turned on).

I have used method this before when I left my phone in someone's car.

iPhones have the same tracking capability if it has been enable. They would need his apple login details.

There is a plane going out looking for him today in the Kimberley.  still no word or contact from him.......

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Hey Katz, yeah that is Dan.  Still no word ☹️🙁

Sorry to hear it Kieran. :(

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KieranR said:

He’s been found deceased in the east Kimberley

RIP MATE

love Kieran

Sorry to hear it. :(

17 minutes ago, KieranR said:

He’s been found deceased in the east Kimberley

RIP MATE

love Kieran

Shit. So sorry. 😢

One of the most genuine down to earth people you could ever possibly meet! I’ve never met anyone who has a bad word to say about Dan.  

I just struggle to think that my friend has been out there either instantly dead from an accident or his life just slipped away slowly after not being able to get shade or water etc, it was 4 days since his last contact that anyone knew he was missing, which was us at work who raised the alarm when he didn’t show up on Thursday.  It’s heart breaking

Sorry to hear Kieran.

Make sure that you get counselling if you feel it's having any sort of effect on you. I assume work would provide something in these types of situations.

• Like 4

Saw the Facebook post too and had a bad feeling it must've been your buddy. I'm very sorry.

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

I just struggle to think that my friend has been out there either instantly dead from an accident or his life just slipped away slowly after not being able to get shade or water etc, it was 4 days since his last contact that anyone knew he was missing, which was us at work who raised the alarm when he didn’t show up on Thursday.  It’s heart breaking

Tough breaks. Don't torture yourself though. That way lies nothing good.

• Like 1

Really really sorry to hear Kieran.  :(

Just catching up. So sorry to hear this news Kieran.  Heart breaking for everyone. 😥

Yeah really sorry to hear this news Kieran. In these days of global connectivity, it's easy to forget that there're real dangers in adventures.

Thanks everyone! A real tradegy, that king river track is really soft, I was on it this year when I was up there.  I keep thinking, if only he an epirb or spot tracker.  It’s going to be a sad week at work

• Sad 1