Just now, Limited said:

Interesting that they have made it standard 1/2 distance

I wonder if that race/weekend will ever end up in the hands of WTC...  Just a thought ;)

9 hours ago, willie said:

I wonder if that race/weekend will ever end up in the hands of WTC...  Just a thought ;)

Think that would be a shame, and it is Elite Energy main event, but you never know

11 hours ago, willie said:

WTC would certainly like it to be

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

WTC would certainly like it to be

Which is why I think the half distance might be more towards something they'd buy

I'm in also!

3 hours ago, prizna said:

Keen to see bike course!

I mentioned to Seb that my hopes of breaking my PB are out the window, he mentioned it though longer, if they get the course they want, could be a faster course. Should be interesting!

3 hours ago, prizna said:

Keen to see bike course!

Run course has ended up at 21 a few years anyway

I know! I did the run for a team in 2017 and I ran past the finish chute at just over 20km still had to go down to the pool, saw my mate who was a run vollie and kept on pointing at my watch  saying, my watch says 20! 😂 

Edit: In for the sprint distance. Also happy to swim or ride in a team on Sunday.

Edited by MissJess

2 minutes ago, MissJess said:

I know! I did the run for a team in 2017 and I ran past the finish chute at just over 20km still had to go down to the pool,

Haha, me too! I was trying to go sub 2hrs on that run... did 2:03:36 :D What I *actually* meant was sub 6min/km ;)  

14 minutes ago, xblane said:

I'm in also!

I mentioned to Seb that my hopes of breaking my PB are out the window, he mentioned it though longer, if they get the course they want, could be a faster course. Should be interesting!

No way it'll be faster.

2 hours ago, willie said:

Which is why I think the half distance might be more towards something they'd buy

Big Husky would have to be one of Elite Energy's biggest races and cash earners, I don't think this is aimed at selling to WTC, it is just a smart move as us triathletes generally like set distances so we can compare ourselves and set times etc, so I like the move to make it Half Distance and I hope this race grows to be our biggest non WTC half distance race.

Edited by Gilliga

9 minutes ago, Gilliga said:

Big Husky would have to be one of Elite Energy's biggest races and cash earners, I don't think this is aimed at selling to WTC, it is just a smart move as us triathletes generally like set distances so we can compare ourselves and set times etc, so I like the move to make it Half Distance and I hope this race grows to be our biggest non WTC half distance race.

Ok maybe it’s more a “what would willie do” but i also know Ironman are sniffing around for more races ;) just sayin’ 

I’d take the pay day if Ironman offered it to me (like UTA, USM and a heap of others). Write into the contract you get a healthy salary + bonuses if you stay on and bingo. You’re set.

There's little doubt that Big Husky will fund Emmo's retirement one day, and I won't begrudge him for it one bit

Although I'm also sure he's not in a hurry and would make them pay top dollar for it

2 hours ago, nealo said:

2 hours ago, nealo said:

No way it'll be faster.

If the rumours are true and the route avoids woollamia road it most likely be a faster road

I love Woollamia Road though! The amount of gear that rattles off bikes is fantastic #treasurehunt :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

There's little doubt that Big Husky will fund Emmo's retirement one day, and I won't begrudge him for it one bit

Although I'm also sure he's not in a hurry and would make them pay top dollar for it

That depends, if we have already reached and passed "peak ironman" he may have missed the gold plated boat. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

That depends, if we have already reached and passed "peak ironman" he may have missed the gold plated boat. 

Big Husky numbers are still growing.

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

I love Woollamia Road though! The amount of gear that rattles off bikes is fantastic #treasurehunt :D

We found so much stuff on the bike course out there it was crazy. 

On 31/10/2018 at 12:50 PM, Limited said:

If the rumours are true and the route avoids woollamia road it most likely be a faster road

i've heard it will avoid wooly road BUT I don't think it'll necessarily be a very fast course.. there will be fast sections but much of the same (crap surfaces, false flats, slight inclines) with quite a few u-turns each lap. i'd expect 600-900m of gain over the 90.

i'll miss the old loops - part of what made the race iconic IMO. love that course. 

Edited by steve_c