dazaau

$1000 fine for this

We have no hope!  Or only choice is to remain as clear of cars as we can.  

Wow. The driver seems aggrieved by something that he may have perceived happened further back up the street, but bloody hell, what a complete moron. The fine though and I'd like to know the basis for the other charges not getting up. 

• Like 1

I don't care what may or may not have happened in the lead up, there is no justification for this.  Disgraceful.

Edited by -H-

2 minutes ago, -H- said:

I don't care what may or may not have happened in the lead up, there is no justification for this.  Disgraceful.

I was most certainly not suggesting there is any kind of justification whatsoever, merely remarking he seemed to be gesturing about something up the street which may have lead him to behave like a complete moron and it wasn't as it may have initially seemed just some random out of the blue attack. 

My comment wasn't aimed at you Katz, just pointing out that there is no excuse for deliberately driving into someone - he was obviously upset about something but he needs to learn to keep a lid on that shit.  

• Like 1

Ooooh I said shit and it didn't get censored!  Have the settings been changed?  

Probably on Ice.

Interesting that they threw out the other charges.  I'm going to guess that it was somehow proven that the cyclist antagonised him, otherwise there are few reasons for that.

Good of them to show his rego plate. Not to hard to find him even if he got rid of the car since then. 

After he stopped, did he provide his details and render assistance? If he just drop off after how could he not be charged for that?

13 hours ago, -H- said:

Ooooh I said shit and it didn't get censored!  Have the settings been changed?  

I would expect better language from a QC or a Silk (I have been watching Rake)😆

Incredible. How is that not assault with a vehicle at least, attempted murder at worst?  Why would you do that to someone, no matter what happened beforehand?

Old mate on the bike seemed very calm about it all, more power to him.  I'd have torn the prick a new one.

• Like 1

Because, people are arseholes!  Not all, but a body lot of them.  They only care about themselves.  It's why this whole debate is raging.

So something did happen before. 

The cyclist at the centre of a road rage video that went viral keyed the driver's car before the attack, Daily Mail Australia can reveal.

University mathematics student Jack McDonnell, 29, admitted to running a key along Michael Giarrusso's Nissan Patrol 4WD as he cycled alongside him in Melbourne's St Kilda.

This prompted Mr Giarrusso to deliberately swipe him off the road and then throw his bike into the bushes.

The video went viral after the footage of Giarrusso's savage retaliation was posted online by Australian Cycle Alliance last week and quickly spread across the world.

• Like 1

Sounds like it was a chance meeting of two exceptional knobheads.

• Haha 1

Yeah I read it. 

But no excuse for doing something that could be deadly.  Car keyed or not. 

Hard to see how this is not deliberate, revenge, and all sorts of other things. 

Lawyers have a lot to answer for for plea bargains. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

So something did happen before. 

This is amazing! Wow. People are beyond stupid. And what an idiotic incident to turn into a campaign 🙄

I was going to say the rider must have done something, but nothing excuses using your car as a weapon.

So many cyclists are deadset wankers though. For example went for a run down along the Brissy river the other day and the path is divided in half-one side for cyclists and the other for pedestrians. About 10m in front of me I see this guy running up the middle of the dividing line as there were walkers taking up the lane.

Coming toward him was a cyclist with the whole lane to himself. So what does this knob jokey do-he rides close to the middle white line and sticks his elbow out to try to force the runner back into the pedestrian lane!!

i was gobsmacked!!

Then you have the clowns riding 3+abreast on busy roads and or riding through suburban street at 5:30am shouting as they talk with no regard for the people sleeping

Some cyclists arrogance is mind boggling 

• Like 3

Almost as if you can be a less than stellar individual on a bike or in a car!

*sigh*

Back onto my trainer... 

McDonnnell, a language expert who previously worked in France, has further angered police after taking to social media this week to out Giarrusso as the driver in the video.

The Queensland native branded Giarrusso a 'coward', naming him and providing his home address and mobile phone number, which has since been disconnected.

This cyclist sucks!

And coward is an unfortunate charge to use given he committed a keying attack on a vehicle, followed by being obviously terrified and doing nothing (fair enough for sure) but then asking other people on social media to essentially retaliate for him and provide the dudes address and phone number. Forgetting, of course, to mention how it started.

None of this excuses being assaulted with a moving vehicle. But the guy is a grade 1 loser. 

And then the cycling advocates think this is a good case to be the poster child for change. Mercy. 

Edited by dazaau

This guy is not a cyclist, he is a guy on a bike. There is a difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, that's true.  And I'd hazard a guess that the majority of cyclists causing problems (at least that I see) are people commuting on bikes etc.  Not that cyclists aren't sometimes wankers too!

But as far as motorists are concerned we are all in the same basket.

12 minutes ago, goughy said:

!

But as far as motorists are concerned we are all in the same basket.

Just like all tradies in utes are farktards and taxi drivers are the worst drivers on the roads. 

https://youtu.be/KDhs7_rNtfQ

This lady never saw me this morning.... which did make me a little unhappy.  If I hadn’t braked heavily, she would have broadsided me.   She said “I wasn’t speeding” though, so I guess that makes it ok.   I said she was driving too aggressively and she denied it until I pointed to my GoPro at which point she became very polite and loosely apologised for her driving.  She was seemingly in a rush to drop her daughter off at school.

Edited by BC_J400
  • Sad 1

Hopefully her future bike awareness has been raised.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BC_J400 said:

This lady never saw me this morning.... which did make me a little unhappy.  If I hadn’t braked heavily, she would have broadsided me.   She said “I wasn’t speeding” though, so I guess that makes it ok.   I said she was driving too aggressively and she denied it until I pointed to my GoPro at which point she became very polite and loosely apologised for her driving.  She was seemingly in a rush to drop her daughter off at school.

Maybe its because I used to ride road bikes but I would never fly into a blind roundabout like that-no matter who is in the right or wrong at the end of the day the 2 ton of metal always wins.

I ride like I'm invisible...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Katz said:

Hopefully her future bike awareness has been raised.

Unlikely

15 minutes ago, more said:

Maybe its because I used to ride road bikes but I would never fly into a blind roundabout like that-no matter who is in the right or wrong at the end of the day the 2 ton of metal always wins.

I ride like I'm invisible...

It’s a little deceptive as the camera is down low.  You can see more up high.   The fact that there was no collision shows that I was riding carefully.   The fact that she looked my way for approximately .4 of a second before driving through the roundabout is the most concerning part.  I knew she wasn’t going to stop from a good distance out.

I am able to limit my road riding to around 10% of my work commute which is good, although some “riders” are quite inexperienced and regularly do dumb things on the trail.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BC_J400 said:

The fact that she looked my way for approximately .4 of a second before driving through the roundabout is the most concerning part.  I knew she wasn’t going to stop from a good distance out.

I'm amazed how often they make direct eye contact and then proceed like you're not there. There have been dozens of times where I've had to take evasive action so as not to get cleaned up (hence why I no longer ride on the road).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BC_J400 said:

It’s a little deceptive as the camera is down low.  You can see more up high.   The fact that there was no collision shows that I was riding carefully.   The fact that she looked my way for approximately .4 of a second before driving through the roundabout is the most concerning part.  I knew she wasn’t going to stop from a good distance out.

I am able to limit my road riding to around 10% of my work commute which is good, although some “riders” are quite inexperienced and regularly do dumb things on the trail.

I understand entirely-I was told from early on to like every driver wanted to kill me...still didn't stop them from T Boning me! Had one guy once come to a T intersection, come to a complete stop, look at me, and then at the last second pull out right in front of me sending me flying over is bonnet.

They just dont see you, its crazy...

3 hours ago, BC_J400 said:

Just did you make eye contact with her? I always assume that unless i have made eye contact with the person they haven't seen me. 

5 hours ago, trinube said:

I'm amazed how often they make direct eye contact and then proceed like you're not there. There have been dozens of times where I've had to take evasive action so as not to get cleaned up (hence why I no longer ride on the road).

Like the people parked in the bike lane who look you in the eye and then open the car door as you approach 

5 minutes ago, -H- said:

Like the people parked in the bike lane who look you in the eye and then open the car door as you approach 

I can understand that, you've mesmerised them :)

22 hours ago, BC_J400 said:

Is that your Jabiru? 🤩

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Is that your Jabiru? 🤩

Arrgghh so now I have another stalker.  Oops, of course I mean another valued subscriber, lol.

Yes.  It’s a J430.

I need to make more use of my channel now that it’s monetised.

Edited by BC_J400

On 02/11/2018 at 2:57 PM, BC_J400 said:

Arrgghh so now I have another stalker.  Oops, of course I mean another valued subscriber, lol.

Yes.  It’s a J430.

I need to make more use of my channel now that it’s monetised.

Don't worry you are safe from stalking.I profess my obsession - not for you but for aeroplanes.  My aeronautical virginity was taken many years ago by PA28 161 Warrior 2. I messed around with a few pretty 172 and 182 RGs for a while and ended up in a long term relationship with a Saratoga - until an A36 came along and stole my heart forever....

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Don't worry you are safe from stalking.I profess my obsession - not for you but for aeroplanes.  My aeronautical virginity was taken many years ago by PA28 161 Warrior 2. I messed around with a few pretty 172 and 182 RGs for a while and ended up in a long term relationship with a Saratoga - until an A36 came along and stole my heart forever....

do we need to put this in the sandbox :P 

Gibberish for most of us I think! 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2018 at 3:08 PM, willie said:

do we need to put this in the sandbox :P 

Not at all, because I use my plane to travel to events such as Triathlons and open-water swims... so as you can see, it's still relevant :-)