zed

Freak noob cyclist

Well not quite a freak, but certainly a lot of potential. I was on a squad training camp and there's this girl who's doing her 2nd triathlon, so complete noob, just got a TT bike a few weeks ago, never really ridden before, horrible bike position, bottles everywhere, constantly sitting up to drink and eat and she went through the 90km Busso course - 2.25. The December course. Not uber quick, but considering she got lost 3 times and had to stop and turn around and pissed around on the bike so much, it's pretty handy. Certainly faster than a lot of pro women. The last 10km down Layman road she rode into a headwind sitting on 40km/hr and I'm hanging on her tail breathing out of my ring as she's chatting to me. It was pretty funny seeing this gumby riding so strongly having no idea how good she is. If she doesn't get the fastest female bike split (70.3) in December, I'd be surprised. 

I’m thinking there is more to her story-kinda like the American wanker who won his first Ironman and ‘never ran more than 10k in college’ and then you dig a little bit and find out he was in the US Olympic marathon trial squad etc

She runs, but I think a 3.30 is her Marathon PB. Nothing too mad. She's not particularly fit. Rides with a really slow cadence. A lot of power. 

yeah I reckon there is more to it, I lived with a chick like that not too long ago. 

she rowed for Cambridge... And almost made an Olympic 4s team for Germany. :lol: 

Yeah, there was this young kid turned up on a shop ride a few years ago. He was out on a working holiday from England. He rode in board shorts & a t-shirt, and used a bike he borrowed from the store. We were doing Mt-Coottha reps (not in the rain, and not till 5am) and he blew all of us away except for 1 ex-pro triathlete. The group included 3 guys riding in the National Road Series at the time. He was all "I love going on rides in the country back home, but never get to race".

A few weeks later we find out he'd won a couple Junior titles in England.

Some people just have it. 

Look at Lucy Charles. 

2 years in triathlon comes second in Kona. 

Never ridden or run before. 

Now does parkrun in 16 mins. 

But has a super swim background. 

Guest FFF1077
2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Calm the down. It’s Busso & she’s from WA so there was course cutting & drafting involved.  

Hahaha 

3 hours ago, willie said:

yeah I reckon there is more to it, I lived with a chick like that not too long ago. 

she rowed for Cambridge... And almost made an Olympic 4s team for Germany. :lol: 

Hmm, now I'm trying to work out who that was!

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Some people just have it. 

Look at Lucy Charles. 

2 years in triathlon comes second in Kona. 

Never ridden or run before. 

Now does parkrun in 16 mins. 

But has a super swim background. 

Yeah I kind of know this girl, not aware of any sporting background.  I reckon she’s just a natural cyclist. And I don’t think she has a clue how good she is. Humiliating but funny at the same time. 

I know a girl that moved here from South Africa. On her first weekend her she came mountain biking. Was a total gun. She smashed everyone. 

She had never ridden a bike outside of a compound. 

She qualified for Kona in her first ironman. Rode a 5hr flat. 

Swimming is shocking. Running okay. 

Shes a freak. Not even on Instagram. Weird because she’s hot too. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I know a girl that moved here from South Africa. On her first weekend her she came mountain biking. Was a total gun. She smashed everyone. 

She had never ridden a bike outside of a compound. 

She qualified for Kona in her first ironman. Rode a 5hr flat. 

Swimming is shocking. Running okay. 

Shes a freak. Not even on Instagram. Weird because she’s hot too. 

Pics?