xblane

Red Dead Redemption 2 anyone?

Midnight launch so I ducked out and picked it up. 2 discs, 90gb to install (changing discs halfway through) then the day one patch (34% of 3.65gb on Xbox)... Starting to think this was not a good way to  spend this evening/morning :o

I can't manage anything other than two buttons and a joystick.... :o

My son is all about fortnight, Overwatch and call of duty.  Don't think he got into the redemptions.

On 28/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, Gregor_McBoob said:

2 hours in, my god it's a slow grind.... wont give up yet as it's sure to open up, but boring as fk at the moment 

interested to know how you get on. It definitely isn't a fast paced game... I'm wondering how many of the GTA crowd will come across and be unimpressed. 

I'm terrible at it but love it. So prettiful :D I always try to do the honourable thing, which leaves me walking into a gunfight without my gun drawn... and dead 2 seconds later. 

Huge fan of CoD WWII, just like Medal of Honour, love the old school games.  No heat seeking cluster mine flame throwing missile robots! ha

Is Red Redemption pure old school western? Might be something i would enjoy.

2 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Is Red Redemption pure old school western? Might be something i would enjoy.

Yup, pure western. It is pretty slow paced. Like, make sure you take care of your horse and yourself. You need to eat, sleep, shave (or not) and look after your gang. 

It's called time management; something I don't have.

It's gotten much better, and I've chosen the dark side so just shoot and steal all day. Helped some lady the other day who was being kidnapped. Didn't say thank you. Bullet. 

Packing it away until after Noosa now though as gaming fks my neck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/10/2018 at 5:58 PM, more said:

I dunno how you guys have the time to play these games?

It's a struggle, games are definitely a time sink. I took a flex day to play on Friday and haven't had too much time since. Racing this weekend so I've had a little more time. I only usually get any real time if I take leave.

Thread drift but is anyone going to grab BFV? I've bought every BF since 1942 but after the Beta this is probably the first one I'll skip. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Thread drift but is anyone going to grab BFV? I've bought every BF since 1942 but after the Beta this is probably the first one I'll skip. 

Anecdotally, feels like a few people are skipping. Curious, is the delayed battle royale mode part of that decision?

Hmmm, was going to buy BFV but if no-one is going to be playing it I will go RDR2.

RDR2 will have a multiplayer mode coming later... not much info on it, but I'm sure Rockstar has learnt a few things from GTAV online... I may just play a multiplayer mode 😮 

I played the first RDR, thought I'd love it, but just trotted around on a horse for a bit. Probably a bit too slow for me.