CEM

Garmin 935 $399 at rebel - good value?

I see dc rainmaker just announced this is the best tri watch on the market. 

Rebel have extended the sale until 15 Jan. 

31 minutes ago, Peter said:

Must resist... 😖

So just to be clear (as I am a techo numpty), you can synch the watch to your phone and upon completion of an activity, it will automatically upload to Strava?

Also, i noticed that you can buy a "tri bundle" which includes separate tri hrm strap and swim hrm strap, along with qr mount etc. Why are the 2 x hrm straps necessary if it measure hrm from the wrist???

TIA

Ayto

Chest straps are still better (more accurate) than Garmin's wrist HRM.  In particular, when riding I think the wrist isn't that great, for some reason.  The two straps, the swim one is better designed to stay in place when swimming without a to covering the strap and holding it in place.  Normal HRM straps slide down when swimming without a top.

The uploading happens automatically from the watch to the Garmin connect app on your phone, which then means it's synced to your Garmin account.  What you do is connect your Garmin account to Strava, so then anything that gets synced to your Garmin account ends up syncing across to Strava.

Cheers, thanks Goughy.

Not sure the separate straps are needed at this stage, however can always be purchased separately in need!!

Hard to pass up the value at $399 so will likely pull the trigger!

• Like 1

The optical HRM doesn't work under water (that's what they say anyway). 

As for the 2 different straps, the swimming one does stay on better in the water, especially when pushing off a wall, but isn't as elastic as the normal one, so could get annoying hunched over on the bike & deep breathing. The "tri version would normally go under a suit or wetsuit, so is fine for that type of swimming.

Yeah, you wouldn't use the swimming strap for anything other than swim training really.  It's not necessary any time you have your torso covered in any way.

On 17/11/2018 at 6:30 AM, Peter said:

I've told myself if I can lose 5kg's by Jan 14th i'm retiring the 910xt and buying this.
Will check in here with my progress then

14 hours ago, Horowitz said:

I've told myself if I can lose 5kg's by Jan 14th i'm retiring the 910xt and buying this.
Will check in here with my progress then

I told myself the same but i know it wont happen. The wife just got me one for xmas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I told myself the same but i know it wont happen. The wife just got me one for xmas. 

I never tell myself things like that anymore... I just bought one. Lucky, dont think the battery would've lasted through my mara on Saturday had I still had the 735 :o So slow!