CEM

Garmin 935 $399 at rebel - good value?

16 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

watch it float to the bottom of the ocean..

OK, now I'm confused. :confused1:

• Haha 3

Of course they weren't!  My genuine original Garmin band on my F3 lasted one year, then the genuine more expensive silicon Garmin band lasted no more than one year either!  

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

Of course they weren't!  My genuine original Garmin band on my F3 lasted one year, then the genuine more expensive silicon Garmin band lasted no more than one year either!  

My original F3 band lasted one year, bought 5 for $39 off a dodgy website and the first of them is still going strong, worn nearly 24/7 for two years.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I watched my wedding ring sing to the bottom of the ocean..........

pretty cool ring if it could sing :P

I have a few shitty Chinese Garmin straps that have been working just fine, my current one is about 12 months old and still ok. Plus they're like $10 each so I have a few colours. 

22 hours ago, humdrum said:

The o e thing I have even less willpower over than food are bargain impulse purchases.

Likewise. Stikman and I are on our way to Rebel now.

whats with all this going into stores stuff, I ordered online with a 5% discount and it rocked up this morning ;)

Yep, I bought one cause it was that cheap. Gave my 735 to a staff member. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, willie said:

whats with all this going into stores stuff, I ordered online with a 5% discount and it rocked up this morning ;)

Hiring? 😄

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Because I want it nnnooooowwwww! 

My wife is keen to get me one because my 910xt clapped out a few months ago and I got her the music one for her birthday...  should I tell her I already got myself one months ago or just let her get me one so I have one for home and one for work...

9 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

Hiring? 😄

funnily enough, yep. 

22 minutes ago, willie said:

19 minutes ago, Katz said:

Because I want it nnnooooowwwww! 

They have a click & collect. It's ready by the time you get there. I use it all the time for all the important stuff, like Dan Murphys. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine just arrived

now do i open or keep wrapped so the family can give it to me as a birthday present in under a months time?

Open

• Like 2

:sadwalk: A few days ago I was perfectly happy with my Fenix 3,,, now it somehow feels a little dated and inadequate.  

• Haha 1

Yep, she here.  Cept been thinking that for a while.  Tech Geek here who doesn't really have much of it.  I live through what you lot all have.

Not go and buy one Roxii so I can feel better :)

Is the Fenix 5 that much better for $100 more? (comparing Rebel prices and the JB link above)

Almost every comparison review online says they are basically identical 

11 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

Is the Fenix 5 that much better for $100 more? (comparing Rebel prices and the JB link above)

You have to know which model F5 had which features!  Some will have less battery life, some about the same.  I think the case on the F5 is better, and the glass may be better too.  I think some of the F5 do turn by turn navigation, not sure if they all do.  Those would be the main differences.  Neither do music or payments.

3 hours ago, willie said:

Because the border authorities can intercept it at the letterbox....at least buying in store I have 30 days or so for credit card statement to arrive to prepare my story.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Nath. said:

Because the border authorities can intercept it at the letterbox....at least buying in store I have 30 days or so for credit card statement to arrive to prepare my story.

30 days or so ???? You lucky bastard. My wife works for the bank. I purchased a bike & before I could leave the store my wife was ringing me..........

I just got audited & lectured about spending $18 on atm fees in the lastt 3 months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For me wearing my watch all the time and being a fussy bastard the sapphire glass is the best part on my Fenix 3 

3 hours ago, roxii said:

:sadwalk: A few days ago I was perfectly happy with my Fenix 3,,, now it somehow feels a little dated and inadequate.  

Try having a 920xt. Gulp 

3 hours ago, roxii said:

I have your wife's Fenix5 Sapphire as well :P maybe that's whats got you down. 

I agree the sapphire glass is more often then not the lifesaver. If I didn't replace mine ever 12months or so I'd spend $1k on one as well. 

2 hours ago, Horowitz said:

That particular Fenix 5 and the 935. No, not in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

For me wearing my watch all the time and being a fussy bastard the sapphire glass is the best part on my Fenix 3 

It's the exact reason I went the sapphire.

I'm lazy and never take it off. The only 2 times it comes off are to shower and charge.

6 minutes ago, nealo said:

It's the exact reason I went the sapphire.

I'm lazy and never take it off. The only 2 times it comes off are to shower and charge.

I don't feel the need for sapphire glass (don't think it's an option on the 935) but could have done with one of those protector thingies before going ass over head trail running and scratching the screen. :blush:

Mine is the non sapphire F3 and I wear it all day at work, around hand, air and power tools and working on Furniture and in 3+ years has not a mark on it!

So did anyone find a spare week to wade through DC rainmakers new Apple Watch review. How are they scrubbing up as sports watches these days? 

On 25/10/2018 at 6:29 AM, Peter said:

Does it count laps Swimming like the 920xt?

my 920 which I’ll admit is 8 years old is hanging a bit of late. 

Eh?? The 910 was around 8 years (I think) The 920 was released around Sep/Oct 2014 (I'm sure).  

The 935 does everything the 910 does and heaps more except what Pete pointed out about the non button light thingy which was temperamental on the 910 anyway.

On 25/10/2018 at 6:29 AM, Peter said:

Does it count laps Swimming like the 920xt?

my 920 which I’ll admit is 8 years old is hanging a bit of late. 

Eh?? The 910 was around 8 years (I think) The 920 was released around Sep/Oct 2014 (I'm sure).  

The 935 does everything the 910 does and heaps more except what Pete pointed out about the non button light thingy which was temperamental on the 910 anyway.

On 24/10/2018 at 9:08 PM, CEM said:

I run only and have a Garmin 235, which works well. Rebel have the 935 on special at $399, which has some useful extra features. Is it worth upgrading?

https://www.rebelsport.com.au/p/garmin-forerunner-935-gps-heart-rate-watch-black-532877.html

Hi Campbell,

If you're running only I don't see why you'd need to bother.  If you do get back on the treadly, even for W/T sessions or jump in the pool for a dip then go for it. 

There is a chap at work who has a 235 and we were comparing the pro's/con's of both watches and he said nope to swimming and riding which left minimal differences which granted were there, but not $400 worth.

He also doesn't go on Goughy's Golf forum, so the golfing features are no use to him either, I'm not sure whether you've taken up that time sink though.

Cheers

40 minutes ago, GSP said:

Hmm yeah you are right. Got the 910 in Kona. 

920 after 

17 hours ago, roxii said:

So did anyone find a spare week to wade through DC rainmakers new Apple Watch review. How are they scrubbing up as sports watches these days? 

battery life is still only about 3hrs when in use, so I'd say not that great

That's one of the things that's kept me away from Android watches.  I already have to charge my phone and tablet daily.....

I come back to the forums and not much as changed... Yoyo is back and CEM is back doing IM’s

1 hour ago, Steno said:

I come back to the forums and not much as changed... Yoyo is back and CEM is back doing IM’s

Yep. Same same....

On 26/10/2018 at 7:06 PM, nealo said:

So wear it to bed, what’s your HR get to when you are.....well you know.

zone 4 or zone 5?

🤔😂

• Haha 1

I acquired my 935.

Hence selling my f3.

With a screen cover no issue so far.  But definately more cautious than with the f3 that is bomb proof. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nath. said:

So wear it to bed, what’s your HR get to when you are.....well you know.

zone 4 or zone 5?

🤔😂

It doesn't get a chance to get out of Z1 :lol:

9 minutes ago, nealo said:

It doesn't get a chance to get out of Z1 :lol:

Z1 then Zzzzzzzzzzz

I bought one today. I have ordered a screen protector and will use my 920XT until the screen protector arrives.

Really quick cause i only have a second ... my 920XT just died and I need / would like a replacement. Will this watch, the 935 do the job? If not, what do I buy? Looking at $500 for a 920XT. I thought they would've reduced in price!

You can't tell after reading this thread the 935 is exactly the one you need?

It is the direct replacement for the 920, with many more features!

Short answer, just go buy it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Really quick cause i only have a second ... my 920XT just died and I need / would like a replacement. Will this watch, the 935 do the job? If not, what do I buy? Looking at $500 for a 920XT. I thought they would've reduced in price!

If you can, hold off and get the replacement for the 935.

Cept that replacement will be somewhere around $700+, I reckon more.  At $40p the 935 is a bargain...... I guess.

36 minutes ago, goughy said:

You can't tell after reading this thread the 935 is exactly the one you need?

It is the direct replacement for the 920, with many more features!

Short answer, just go buy it!

I didn't have time to re-read the thread. will do so soon.

But I thought you were in a rush ;):)