CEM

Garmin 935 $399 at rebel - good value?

That's a great price, you probably won't find it cheaper. It's a great watch worth every cent but as Slunnie said it really only up to you to decide..

I love my 935. It’s good value at twice the price. That and my Wahoo Kickr are the two best triathlon toys I’ve brought in over 30 years in the sport.

1 hour ago, trinube said:

Does it use a chest strap for HR?

Nah optical.

I've gone back to chest strap with my Fenix 5.

Does it count laps Swimming like the 920xt?

my 920 which I’ll admit is 8 years old is hanging a bit of late. 

7 hours ago, trinube said:

You can get one for it.

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

Does it count laps Swimming like the 920xt?

my 920 which I’ll admit is 8 years old is hanging a bit of late. 

Yes.

Love this watch. 

They recently upgraded the firmware so now activities from all garmin devices appear in your watch in the history - e.g. record a bike ride on an edge bike computer, upload it, sync the watch and now the ride appears as an activity. Makes the "weekly active minutes", and training load/recovery more accurate (it used to only take into account activities recorded on the watch itself).

It's also compatible with their connect iq2 apps, which make it really much more advanced than the F3.  Basically an F5.  Can't do music or payments from the watch.  But it's not short of much.

Makes me wish I could break my F3 so I could get one.

thanks for the link, been looking at one for a while and that is by far best price so just brought one

1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

thanks for the link, been looking at one for a while and that is by far best price so just brought one

Ditto. I was thinking of getting one "sometime soon" but at that price it's a no-brainer.

I might just check that out at lunchtime. I have an F3 and love it, but I like the optical heart rate thing.

That’s $100 better than i can but them for :S 

There is a new model coming pretty soon, not sure if it replaces the 735 and 935 at once or wether they’ll keep both. 

I keep slamming my F3 in the door and shooting staples at it at work but the ****er won't break!  Tough piece of shit!  Looks like I can't get one.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, willie said:

That’s $100 better than i can but them for :S 

There is a new model coming pretty soon, not sure if it replaces the 735 and 935 at once or wether they’ll keep both. 

What would the likely feature upgrades include apart from music and pay...anything else?

12 minutes ago, CEM said:

What would the likely feature upgrades include apart from music and pay...anything else?

Price tag.

And maybe battery life, though my 735 runs for over a week if I don't use GPS much.

so working through a replacement for my 920 with Garmin atm.

Will be interesting to see how long this sale goes on for (And what Garmin replace my 920 with) The 935 has a few extra's I would like.

33 minutes ago, CEM said:

Obviously a longer firmware supported life from right now.  My F3 still works fine, but uses the older iq1 apps and hadn't had a real firmware update for a while.  The 935 might get another year of fw updates, bit of it's all working fine now then that's not really an issue.  The 935 does use the latest IQ stuff so that would be good.  The golfing features in it are much better than mine too :(

4 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

+1

2 hours ago, CEM said:

Nope, if we're going to see new features it will be in the Fenix series first now. 

Thanks CEM, I’m off to rebel this arvo after work!

been looking for one of these on special for ages.

Wasn't there a thread about purchases made through/because of this website...

It feels soooo light compared to the Fenix. I really like a chunky watch but well... I got one. Now I need to order a coloured wristband.

The o e thing I have even less willpower over than food are bargain impulse purchases.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

It feels soooo light compared to the Fenix. I really like a chunky watch but well... I got one. Now I need to order a coloured wristband.

The o e thing I have even less willpower over than food are bargain impulse purchases.

Sounds like you are getting ready for an Ironman come back.

18 hours ago, trinube said:

Yes, ANT+ And BLE/BluetoothSmart

Ripper watch and yes, it does everything* a the 910 and 920 do - and then some.   eg gives you run cadence without a sensor

* except for the double tap illumination trick that nobody knows about anyway...

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

* except for the double tap illumination trick that nobody knows about anyway...

the what now? :lol: 

Brilliant Cam, thanks for posting the link. I actually went and picked one up from a store today... They apprently started with 40 two days ago and they're down to 5 left.

They did similar sales with the 735 ($300) and the Fenix 5 (half price) earlier this year. A couple my mates grabbed the Fenix at the time.

Does anybody know if the 935 can be used with Zwift running somehow - to transmit pace?  I asked a  Garmin rep at an event and he didn't know.

5 hours ago, humdrum said:

Yep, this purchase was because of this website!

AA16BF2F-A331-4BBD-AE00-9ED68DACB1E0.jpeg

• Like 2

What arms, what hair!

33 minutes ago, goughy said:

What arms, what hair!

Yes I’m not quiet in race mode & trainer yet, hoping this kicks me along!

• Like 1

Looks like i'm upgrading from my 910xt...

Does anyone know if this has to upload through the ant+ stick? It's the thing that annoys me the most about my 910xt. After a big run the last thing I want to do is go fiddling for USB's and syncing it all...

Bluetooth or wifi. 

Cables. Dongles. Meh. I don't evenift a finger it does everything for me. 

23 hours ago, goughy said:

Makes me wish I could break my F3 so I could get one.

19 hours ago, goughy said:

I keep slamming my F3 in the door and shooting staples at it at work but the ****er won't break!  Tough piece of shit!  Looks like I can't get one.

Sell it and say it's at the bottom of the ocean. Strap broke while you were wrestling the shark

13 hours ago, Pete said:

What?? Tell me more

I'm being a sook; want some retail therapy!  Could even claim it on insurance.......

3 hours ago, Cranky said:

What?? Tell me more

If you have a 910XT you can illuminate the screen by tapping it twice with your finger - it will illuminate for the configured illumination time and brightness (ie the same time as when you push the button). It takes a bit of practice as you need to have the right time between taps.

I wish my 935 had this  - when I hit the top left hand button to light up the screen on the 935 I invariably push another button with another finger and change the lap or hit the pause or something and it's really annoying!

Of course, this only matters if you are in the dark.... 

20 hours ago, humdrum said:

Another one ordered from a trannies link 

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you have a 910XT you can illuminate the screen by tapping it twice with your finger - it will illuminate for the configured illumination time and brightness (ie the same time as when you push the button). It takes a bit of practice as you need to have the right time between taps.

I wish my 935 had this  - when I hit the top left hand button to light up the screen on the 935 I invariably push another button with another finger and change the lap or hit the pause or something and it's really annoying!

Of course, this only matters if you are in the dark.... 

Doesn't it just light up when you lift your wrist to look at it??

I think I got a band for about $15.  Can get metal quick release bands for about $30