Sign in to follow this  
FatPom

Cervelo/Shimano owners

Interested to know what BB replacement options you have done?  I'm running the original bearings that came in my P3, with the Wheels Mfg adaptors fitted to take Shimano cranks  (these are just push in adaptors that sit in the bearing itself). They are getting a bit 'clicky' and have been through some horrendous conditions and could do with replacing after 18mths of hard use.

I could get some new bearings, press them in and use the same adaptors, or could go for something like the Rotor BB with the bearings built into the cups, C-Bear  (ceramic only I think).  Wheels Mfg do a screw together adaptor which is similar to the Praxis I have on my Bianchi but you need 2x their BB spanner as it's not the same notch shape as the Shimano/Campag one.

I think the Shimano is 24/24 and the Sram is 24/22, I run the Sram, but the setup is basically the same apart from the shaft dia on one side.

I do run the Rotor setup and it has been perfect. I did get the heads up from the shop that typically the BBright bottom ends go clicky after a while and then they refix them and they are good, but the Rotor BB setup I have has never done that.

58 minutes ago, Slunnie said:

I think the Shimano is 24/24 and the Sram is 24/22, I run the Sram, but the setup is basically the same apart from the shaft dia on one side.

I do run the Rotor setup and it has been perfect. I did get the heads up from the shop that typically the BBright bottom ends go clicky after a while and then they refix them and they are good, but the Rotor BB setup I have has never done that.

Cheers Slunnie, you mean this one?

http://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/rotor/rotor/bottom-brackets/bbright/press-fit-4624-bbright.html

57 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I think that is the one. Mine is marked as Rotor 4624L but I expect thats probably the same part with a face lift. Externally it does look the same.

Edited by Slunnie

I have a Kogel ceramic on my cervelo running Shimano runs forever, but about $300.

https://www.kogel.cc/collections/ceramic-bottom-brackets/products/bbright-24-red-edition

Yes, no adaptors required which is why I went down that path, as I was advised that bb to avoid bb creaking, it spins very smoothly and forever compared to a new wheels mfg I have on another bike which I am also happy with too.