Bored@work

Zwift New York

It's weird, very different to what I've seen so far (just FYI, I'm not riding just watching in case you're wondering about sekrit training - physio still has me on the bench, I can do some light running if he doesnt find out 😮

Will be cool. I've been using zwift running, so will be able to run through central park.

• Thanks 1

I just canceled my Zwift membership, much prefer TrainerRoad and with the Kickr problems I’ve been having it looks like all my riding will be outdoors for a while...

1 minute ago, more said:

I just canceled my Zwift membership, much prefer TrainerRoad and with the Kickr problems I’ve been having it looks like all my riding will be outdoors for a while...

It'll be interesting to see what Wahoo the company say about what happened mate... I escalated 'cause I got the shits. 

9 minutes ago, willie said:

It'll be interesting to see what Wahoo the company say about what happened mate... I escalated 'cause I got the shits. 

Thanks mate it’s all good, I’m just frustrated because I’m falling behind in my training 🙁 if we weren’t  getting so close to race season I wouldn’t give a shit.

On the flip side though I’ve been adding in extra runs so hopefully won’t loose to much 👍

Edited by more

It’s interesting. New York set 100 years in the future with flying cars and glass roads rising up above Central Park. Something to keep your interest while getting a session done. The profile is probably one of the most undulating available. 

Good addition I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

Update only took a couple minutes.

Must be steep hills, the guy I'm watching is going up at 4kph.

that's all I can do, I'm a bit chunky :P

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

What's this, a new course?  I was on last night and it was standard Wattopia.

dropped about 6 hrs ago. 

• Like 1

I watched it for a bit yesterday and it looks pretty cool. Am very excited about giving it a go. We were going to have a play on it this afternoon, but went to the pub instead. Long ride on the road tomorrow, so next week. 

Unexpected! 

Lots of different paths to choose. It will take a while to learn where you are going. I eventually found the KOM, but there are plenty of bumps all over.

5 minutes ago, KieranR said:

How do I get this on my zwift?

Next time you start Zwift it loads the update automatically. New York is the course for the best part of the next two weeks.

28 minutes ago, Katz said:

Next time you start Zwift it loads the update automatically. New York is the course for the best part of the next two weeks.

Ok, was on zwift earlier and nothing happened, might turn it on again later and see what it does

Updated when i Iogged in this morning so having a cruisey flick around. 

Pretty cool. 

On 19/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, willie said:

that's all I can do, I'm a bit chunky :P

I didn't go much faster last night, resistance didn't kick in. Couldn't be bothered stopping to try and fix it.

Had a quick go on NY yesterday - pretty fun, options of the normal lower routes or the futuristic upper ones. I'm enjoying Zwift a lot, it has made a massive difference to my bike training - I work from home a lot so can now fit in an intense lunchtime race or recovery ride within an hour. I used to be pretty lazy about the shorter intense sessions when I saw them on my plan, now I look forward to them.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, zed said:

Will be cool. I've been using zwift running, so will be able to run through central park.

You should do it in real life. Central Park is awesome. Plenty of running trails and people riding bikes.

• Like 1

Oooh, I've just ticked over 1000 pizza power :D I think I've eaten more than that in the same time period though :( 

image.thumb.png.c994c40a6416263b5927562108081417.png

Next up 15,000km

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

I've only burnt 225 pizza slice!? 

Geez 

I'm up to 43. They better be big slices! 

7 hours ago, WhiffyFuzzball said:

Had a quick go on NY yesterday - pretty fun, options of the normal lower routes or the futuristic upper ones. I'm enjoying Zwift a lot, it has made a massive difference to my bike training - I work from home a lot so can now fit in an intense lunchtime race or recovery ride within an hour. I used to be pretty lazy about the shorter intense sessions when I saw them on my plan, now I look forward to them.

I rode it today the everything 35km route, I like it. One biggish climb the NY Kom too me 6.15 today’s best on their someone went 3.30 so I’m not close. Otherwise steady rollers and had a good hard workout. The imagery and variety was good. I wish you could pick the course when you log in eg watopia or London etc (I hate London and Richmond so boring).

My pizza count is pretty low but my score is nearly 75k which I'm surprised about.

KILOMETERS LOGGED DAYSHRS

distance.png 

ELEVATION

elevation.png 36,278 m

GAINPIZZA POWER

pizza.png 249
Edited by FatPom

Tried it last night...OUCH! I think I will be using the workouts more on that course, I found myself having to change gears more often, not sure if my neighbours will appreciate the clunking!

Had a go this morning with the Glasgow Green Cycle Club group ride. Definitely not flat and felt I was working harder than I do on that ride in Watopia. Didn't get much of a chance to look at the scenery anyway!

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

Tried it last night...OUCH! I think I will be using the workouts more on that course, I found myself having to change gears more often, not sure if my neighbours will appreciate the clunking!

Yeah, I've found myself doing impromptu strength work grinding up inclines at 50-60rpm

Im loving it.  Really enjoy the shorter rolling nature of the jobs, as opposed to the long climbs of Innsbruck and Watopia. But I like them too. 

2 hours ago, MissJess said:

appreciate the clunking!

there shouldn't be any clunking if you've tuned it correctly 

It's tuned, probably just me trying suddenly reaching a climb and thinking OH CRAP then firing through about 5 gears at once.

26 minutes ago, Shuffla said:

Lots of gear changing. Almost like riding in real life!

I don't remember what that's like :(

Is it just me or is the New York course bloody hard? I did the 'long' flat around Central Park at ground level last night, and either I had shite legs or it's deceptively hard... to the extent that I was wondering whether the algorithm for the gradients is 'off'? The 3/4% climbs felt way harder, and equally rolling along at 60kph on a 2/3% downhill both struck me as a wee bit out of kilter with the other courses... Anyone else noticed that? 

Oh, and I was one of those people doing 3kph up the steep ramp on the weekend - 100watts in an ERG Mode cooldown happened to hit just on the steepest hill, I was literally going nowhere

🙂

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Is it just me or is the New York course bloody hard? I did the 'long' flat around Central Park at ground level last night, and either I had shite legs or it's deceptively hard... to the extent that I was wondering whether the algorithm for the gradients is 'off'? The 3/4% climbs felt way harder, and equally rolling along at 60kph on a 2/3% downhill both struck me as a wee bit out of kilter with the other courses... Anyone else noticed that?

That’s what I noticed too. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Oh, and I was one of those people doing 3kph up the steep ramp on the weekend - 100watts in an ERG Mode cooldown happened to hit just on the steepest hill, I was literally going nowhere

🙂

I made my wife ride Central Park last month. She wasn’t a fan of the hills 

F6718049-2C94-42A0-83CB-540948AE688F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I planned a 90 min ride but tried doing a workout with 3x15min ftp in it.  Ended up doing 1.5 of them and needed to drop the slider bar down to 90%. I know I'm very unfit but i really struggle with workouts on zwift. I seem to be able to do the same workouts with trainerroad contrlling my kickr much easier..? Think I'll go back to doing it that way and just riding zwift with no resistance..