Sign in to follow this  
steve_c

Nepean 2018

It was a pretty nice day out there today... I had a decent swim for me (despite my wetsuit phobia) for a 15:29, found it hard to get going on the bike for some reason today but ended up with a nice run sneaking under 40 mins for 7th in my age group - which I was pleased with... First triathlon of 2018 for me, and happy to just get something done and under the belt after 3 months out earlier this year post-bike-crash 🙂

Nowhere near as hot as it can be out there, and they managed to make it a wetsuit-legal swim too - so I'd imagine some decent times, bit of wind on the bike (or at least that's what it felt like!)... Think Aaron Royle took out the mens and the overall purse too...

Will be back next year, as I love this race - always retains that 'family' / 'fun' feel whilst being expertly run and attracting good fields - quality and quantity!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A lot cooler than previous years with no flies. Numbers, including spectators, seemed down. Always nice to catch up with a heap of Trannies (beforehand, in transition, on the course, after and in the loo).

My race showed exactly where I am at the moment - near the back of the whole field. My times were down but I was a little disappointed with the bike time. Walking to the car, I heard a funny noise. Seems I blew an spoke eyelet with the spoke wobblying.  The wheel now rattles.

Looks like I need a new bike.

FM

• Like 3

I enjoyed the day, I had a good swim, spent time getting the wetsuit on correctly. Bike has a bit of everything, straights to sit on the bars, and technical bits. The run was much cooler than previous years.

This is such a great well run event.

12 minutes ago, Flanman said:

A lot cooler than previous years with no flies. Numbers, including spectators, seemed down. Always nice to catch up with a heap of Trannies (beforehand, in transition, on the course, after and in the loo).

My race showed exactly where I am at the moment - near the back of the whole field. My times were down but I was a little disappointed with the bike time. Walking to the car, I heard a funny noise. Seems I blew an spoke eyelet with the spoke wobblying.  The wheel now rattles.

FM

Didn’t you win those wheels at Nepean a few years back? 

Maybe you should have left them there 

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

Didn’t you win those wheels at Nepean a few years back? 

Maybe you should have left them there 

No, those wheels were sold to a friend of Willie's then I bought a TT bike off him. I used my roadie today as I am doing the Sydney to Gong ride next weekend and I have only been riding that. 

Need to arrange something before next Sunday.

FM

3 hours ago, Flanman said:

FM

Yep... Cooler.... I suspect crowds bail as When I left home at 5:00am it was pissing down...... had been for about 3 hours. Glad it was clean in the Riff.

I looked out for Flanman on the run but didn't see you....but all is good....we met up in the loo - a nice hug was had. Probably not the right place for it...but it is what it is!!

• Like 2

I love the 'no frills race briefing to each wave as you are about to enter the water. Well done to the Nepean organising team.

Brenno has taught you all well. Whilst Warwick is not race director anymore he still is out there do the hard yards - race checkin , directing incoming bikes etc. Warwick is a gift to the community out there.

• Like 4

Flat tire in the industrial area on lap one. Cruised around the rest of the race after that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, gregb said:

Flat tire in the industrial area on lap one. Cruised around the rest of the race after that.

saw quite a few folks pulled up on old castlereigh just after exiting the industrial area... wonder if there was some glass or something on the road near that last corner?

I flatted as well about 800mts up Castlereagh 1st Lap. Put me off a bit but still happy with my effort. Destroyed my placing though.

Great race as usual by the organisers. Numbers were way down. Why? 

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, Goodcatch said:

I flatted as well about 800mts up Castlereagh 1st Lap. Put me off a bit but still happy with my effort. Destroyed my placing though.

Thanks for the arse slap on the way through as you past with about 1km to go. After a few years languishing after your accident, you are getting back to fitness. Great to see Kev.

FM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

On my way to another dominant victory over IronmanFoz  😁

IMG_1663.jpg

Fake news................It's Fake news.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Fake news................It's Fake news.

Biggest win ever.  It was yuge.  YUGE!!

Edited by IronJimbo
It was the Russians