Peter

Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn)

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Two coaches out on the Queen K riding bikes & following their athletes. Surely this is outside assistance? pacing/coaching during the event?

Like a lesser person in NZ years ago.... 

the fact they use social media, suggests they need to win and be popular. If they really felt assaulted or aggrieved they would have quietly made an official complaint.

There are plenty people who give it out to folks all the time, so they can expect karma when an opportunity presents.

Given groups like this conduct, bit like that guy in 2010 on the hill at port mac, expect to get some back

Edited by BarryBevan

55 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

the fact they use social media, suggests they need to win and be popular. If they really felt assaulted or aggrieved they would have quietly made an official complaint.

There are plenty people who give it out to folks all the time, so they can expect karma when an opportunity presents.

Given groups like this conduct, bit like that guy in 2010 on the hill at port mac, expect to get some back

Kinda like telling teacher someone called you names instead of waiting till recess!

6 hours ago, roxii said:

If Callum’s story is 100% correct and the whole story then Cam is a bit of a dick. 

If Cam’s story is 100% correct then Callum is a massive dick. 

Cam doesn’t have too much to lose by way of reputation given who he works for and since it has been proven people will overlook “indiscretions” when looking for a coach.

callum however has based his brand on a big happy loving triathlon family so Cams allegations on his previous behaviour and then what he said on the queen k will really damage that image. 

I think both sides need to lawyer up and settle this in court. My fees are $500 per hour ex GST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

I think both sides need to lawyer up and settle this in court. My fees are $500 per hour ex GST.

you sound like my guy... I'm looking forward to getting a little business stimulus package on the 31st when it goes back to court for costings or whatever its called (it's always nice having a win :)

Well my take......

Callum has posted his view of the incident, including a threat was made and he was run into with the bike. Also he states he has lodged a complaint with the race officials.

Cam has posted his version of the same incident, agreed instigated whatever happened and admitted he did make a threat. He then went on posting in social media about incidents involving Callum that happened well in the past and had nothing to do with Cam.

In my workplace Cam would be gone. 

If Ironman look at Callum's complaint seriously (and Callum hasn't withdrawn it) I expect they will only be interested in what happened out on the road at the 32k mark.

IMO

• Like 2

I’m sure an incident similar to this happened a while back as I remember us discussing the scenario.

in reality what jurisdiction does Ironman have over Cam as he was essentially a spectator on the course.. He is not part of the race,technically. 

8 hours ago, Peter said:

Burgs need to recover and prep for his next ironman. 

With the new qualifying rules, he needs to turn up to busso and win.

Burgs is the best swimmer in IM at the moment. He should choose an IM with a swim to qualify at! 😀

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Burgs is the best swimmer in IM at the moment. He should choose an IM with a swim to qualify at! 😀

Touche` 

Sought it out in the ring .all proceeds to charity. As the warm up fight to Horne vs Mundine.😭

On 17/10/2018 at 7:53 AM, James said:

I saw red, rode up next to him and said “if you ever speak of my daughter again I will drag you into the lava rocks over there and belt you” during the delivery of this as I tried to hop off the bike I stumbled and embarrassingly fell off the bike

Love this line of defense. 

If what Cam said about the never ending coaching requests is true, then Callum is a bit of a dick. Coaches can pick their athletes too. Should have dropped it there and then. 

19 hours ago, roxii said:

in reality what jurisdiction does Ironman have over Cam as he was essentially a spectator on the course.. He is not part of the race,technically. 

a lot because he's the coach of a pro that has signed a contract pulling him into it. I'm not sure what exactly is in there, but I know his athlete/s can be penalised if he's one of them. Much like other sports where an athlete can be penalised because of a coach (I had it happen once in Europe, got ejected and our caption sent off because of a massive **** up, it was clearly showing on the big screen and the idiot umpire wouldnt change his decision and I caused a bit of ruckus  :oops:

There's always three sides to every story - we've heard two versions 

I ask - what in the hell the coaches were doing out there riding along with their athletes - not only Cam but others he called on as witnesses - isn't that against the rules 

I don't personally know either Cam or Callum but I've read both sides and the truth is probably stretched in both stories 🙄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AP said:

There's always three sides to every story - we've heard two versions 

I ask - what in the hell the coaches were doing out there riding along with their athletes - not only Cam but others he called on as witnesses - isn't that against the rules 

I don't personally know either Cam or Callum but I've read both sides and the truth is probably stretched in both stories 🙄

Agree, 

Looking forward to your race report. 

• Thanks 1

Like AP , I don’t know these guys. Does anyone know these guys. Why are we discussing this anyway?

1 minute ago, IronmanFoz said:

Like AP , I don’t know these guys. Does anyone know these guys. Why are we discussing this anyway?

Do you know Frodo, lionel, Daniella? Better stop discussing them as well...

It is pretty simple, if you dont wanna discuss it dont open the thread, thats what I do when I see your Survivor or Bacherlorette threads...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Yeh i know one of them. 

But yeh, do any of us know Lance, PJ? We talk about them heaps.

Scroll on.

They put it out there because they want us to talk about it. 

10 minutes ago, yoyo said:

So are these guys gunna fight or **** ?

Probably both.

5 hours ago, pieman said:

Do you know Frodo, lionel, Daniella? Better stop discussing them as well...

It is pretty simple, if you dont wanna discuss it dont open the thread, thats what I do when I see your Survivor or Bacherlorette threads...

You missed the point I was making. We all know of Frodeno etc but who are these other guys in this thread. Should I have heard of them?

43 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Should I have heard of them?

Yes.

Perhaps if you spent less time doing triathlon stuff and more time reading about triathlon stuff, you would have :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, yoyo said:

So are these guys gunna fight or **** ?

I dropped my glasses somewhere and can’t find them, but since your avatar beats a fuzzy resemblance to Don King, are you putting this on undercard for TGE and Sunny?

Edited by trilobite

6 hours ago, trilobite said:

dropped my glasses somewhere and can’t find them, but since your avatar beats a fuzzy resemblance to Don King, are you putting this on undercard for TGE and Sunny?

Ronnie Coleman!!

5 minutes ago, zed said:

Ronnie Pickering

Don't you know who I am? :lol:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

You missed the point I was making. We all know of Frodeno etc but who are these other guys in this thread. Should I have heard of them?

I think they both are reading what the Transitions judge and jury are saying so they know what their next step should be 😅

5 minutes ago, AP said:

I think they both are reading what the Transitions judge and jury are saying so they know what their next step should be 😅

you'd be surprised who reads here... 

• Like 1

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, AP said:

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

are you dirty about not being able to win in Kona so fear not getting another watch? First world problem right there.

Socks is where it’s at.  One year the QTS gave out socks to participants at every race. (7 in total, even better at the last few races they were just tossing extra socks at everyone).  Best damn idea ever.  Water bottles ? Everyone has a million of them.  You can only have so many towels, and the poor quality string bags only last till the next race.  But socks, especially if they don’t change the colour are just awesome.  Sadly I’m down to my last three, as in singular sock.  Hope they bring them back for the 2018/19 season

59 minutes ago, AP said:

That does it ...... they can stick Kona where the sun don't shine. I'm just doing the Bribie Sprint Series now. At least I can win a commemorative coffee mug in that race.

1 hour ago, AP said:

In the great words of Erin baker. You either win or you don’t.  

You didn’t win. No watch for you. 

BFECA744-218E-41F9-8B6B-0E3C28CE29D3.jpeg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

That does it ...... they can stick Kona where the sun don't shine. I'm just doing the Bribie Sprint Series now. At least I can win a commemorative coffee mug in that race.

Haven't they stopped doing  the mugs? The dude that made them retired or something. 

23 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I just googled Callum Millward and first response was

Callum Millward - Professional Triathlete - 'www.callummillward.com'

And when I click on the link:

NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

We are undergoing some changes.

We will be back very soon.

Your honour!!!! I rest my case.

28 minutes ago, Lostkiwi said:

Haven't they stopped doing  the mugs? The dude that made them retired or something. 

Nope the mugs were back last year.  I think they had a year with medals, but the feedback was bring back the mug !

18 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I just googled Callum Millward and first response was

Callum Millward - Professional Triathlete - 'www.callummillward.com'

And when I click on the link:

NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

We are undergoing some changes.

We will be back very soon.

Your honour!!!! I rest my case.

Probably got attacked by a bot from the other guy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AP said:

Good thing you just do it for the personal satisfaction then, and not the bling. Right? 

Geez... On Slowtwitch there was a couple of guys that were giving it to Millward.

I reckon it will blow over.

4 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Geez... On Slowtwitch there was a couple of guys that were giving it to Millward.

I reckon it will blow over.

They'd be Tri Sutto sycophants - backing the other guy 😉 

4 hours ago, willie said:

you'd be surprised who reads here... 

I can vouch for that.

2 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Socks is where it’s at.  One year the QTS gave out socks to participants at every race. (7 in total, even better at the last few races they were just tossing extra socks at everyone).  Best damn idea ever.  Water bottles ? Everyone has a million of them.  You can only have so many towels, and the poor quality string bags only last till the next race.  But socks, especially if they don’t change the colour are just awesome.  Sadly I’m down to my last three, as in singular sock.  Hope they bring them back for the 2018/19 season

Last time I went it was visors - useless for those who have gone the "aero head mod"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

They have. Got socks last week.

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

They have. Got socks last week.

Great! Hope they have them at next race