Jump to content
Peter

Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Two coaches out on the Queen K riding bikes & following their athletes. Surely this is outside assistance? pacing/coaching during the event?

Like a lesser person in NZ years ago.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the fact they use social media, suggests they need to win and be popular. If they really felt assaulted or aggrieved they would have quietly made an official complaint.

There are plenty people who give it out to folks all the time, so they can expect karma when an opportunity presents.

Given groups like this conduct, bit like that guy in 2010 on the hill at port mac, expect to get some back

 

 

Edited by BarryBevan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

the fact they use social media, suggests they need to win and be popular. If they really felt assaulted or aggrieved they would have quietly made an official complaint.

There are plenty people who give it out to folks all the time, so they can expect karma when an opportunity presents.

Given groups like this conduct, bit like that guy in 2010 on the hill at port mac, expect to get some back

 

 

Kinda like telling teacher someone called you names instead of waiting till recess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roxii said:

If Callum’s story is 100% correct and the whole story then Cam is a bit of a dick. 

If Cam’s story is 100% correct then Callum is a massive dick. 

Cam doesn’t have too much to lose by way of reputation given who he works for and since it has been proven people will overlook “indiscretions” when looking for a coach.

callum however has based his brand on a big happy loving triathlon family so Cams allegations on his previous behaviour and then what he said on the queen k will really damage that image. 

I think both sides need to lawyer up and settle this in court. My fees are $500 per hour ex GST.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

I think both sides need to lawyer up and settle this in court. My fees are $500 per hour ex GST.

you sound like my guy... I'm looking forward to getting a little business stimulus package on the 31st when it goes back to court for costings or whatever its called (it's always nice having a win :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my take......

Callum has posted his view of the incident, including a threat was made and he was run into with the bike. Also he states he has lodged a complaint with the race officials.

Cam has posted his version of the same incident, agreed instigated whatever happened and admitted he did make a threat. He then went on posting in social media about incidents involving Callum that happened well in the past and had nothing to do with Cam.

In my workplace Cam would be gone. 

If Ironman look at Callum's complaint seriously (and Callum hasn't withdrawn it) I expect they will only be interested in what happened out on the road at the 32k mark.

IMO

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure an incident similar to this happened a while back as I remember us discussing the scenario.

in reality what jurisdiction does Ironman have over Cam as he was essentially a spectator on the course.. He is not part of the race,technically. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peter said:

Burgs need to recover and prep for his next ironman. 

With the new qualifying rules, he needs to turn up to busso and win.

Burgs is the best swimmer in IM at the moment. He should choose an IM with a swim to qualify at! 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Burgs is the best swimmer in IM at the moment. He should choose an IM with a swim to qualify at! 😀

Touche` 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sought it out in the ring .all proceeds to charity. As the warm up fight to Horne vs Mundine.😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2018 at 7:53 AM, James said:

I saw red, rode up next to him and said “if you ever speak of my daughter again I will drag you into the lava rocks over there and belt you” during the delivery of this as I tried to hop off the bike I stumbled and embarrassingly fell off the bike

Love this line of defense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If what Cam said about the never ending coaching requests is true, then Callum is a bit of a dick. Coaches can pick their athletes too. Should have dropped it there and then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, roxii said:

in reality what jurisdiction does Ironman have over Cam as he was essentially a spectator on the course.. He is not part of the race,technically. 

 

a lot because he's the coach of a pro that has signed a contract pulling him into it. I'm not sure what exactly is in there, but I know his athlete/s can be penalised if he's one of them. Much like other sports where an athlete can be penalised because of a coach (I had it happen once in Europe, got ejected and our caption sent off because of a massive **** up, it was clearly showing on the big screen and the idiot umpire wouldnt change his decision and I caused a bit of ruckus  :oops:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always three sides to every story - we've heard two versions 

I ask - what in the hell the coaches were doing out there riding along with their athletes - not only Cam but others he called on as witnesses - isn't that against the rules 

I don't personally know either Cam or Callum but I've read both sides and the truth is probably stretched in both stories 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AP said:

There's always three sides to every story - we've heard two versions 

I ask - what in the hell the coaches were doing out there riding along with their athletes - not only Cam but others he called on as witnesses - isn't that against the rules 

I don't personally know either Cam or Callum but I've read both sides and the truth is probably stretched in both stories 🙄

Agree, 

 

Looking forward to your race report. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like AP , I don’t know these guys. Does anyone know these guys. Why are we discussing this anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronmanFoz said:

Like AP , I don’t know these guys. Does anyone know these guys. Why are we discussing this anyway?

Do you know Frodo, lionel, Daniella? Better stop discussing them as well...

It is pretty simple, if you dont wanna discuss it dont open the thread, thats what I do when I see your Survivor or Bacherlorette threads...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Like AP , I don’t know these guys. Does anyone know these guys. Why are we discussing this anyway?

Yeh i know one of them. 

But yeh, do any of us know Lance, PJ? We talk about them heaps.

Scroll on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They put it out there because they want us to talk about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yoyo said:

So are these guys gunna fight or **** ?

Probably both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pieman said:

Do you know Frodo, lionel, Daniella? Better stop discussing them as well...

It is pretty simple, if you dont wanna discuss it dont open the thread, thats what I do when I see your Survivor or Bacherlorette threads...

You missed the point I was making. We all know of Frodeno etc but who are these other guys in this thread. Should I have heard of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Should I have heard of them?

Yes.

Perhaps if you spent less time doing triathlon stuff and more time reading about triathlon stuff, you would have :)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yoyo said:

So are these guys gunna fight or **** ?

I dropped my glasses somewhere and can’t find them, but since your avatar beats a fuzzy resemblance to Don King, are you putting this on undercard for TGE and Sunny?

Edited by trilobite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trilobite said:

dropped my glasses somewhere and can’t find them, but since your avatar beats a fuzzy resemblance to Don King, are you putting this on undercard for TGE and Sunny?

Ronnie Coleman!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zed said:

Ronnie Pickering

Don't you know who I am? :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

You missed the point I was making. We all know of Frodeno etc but who are these other guys in this thread. Should I have heard of them?

I think they both are reading what the Transitions judge and jury are saying so they know what their next step should be 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AP said:

I think they both are reading what the Transitions judge and jury are saying so they know what their next step should be 😅

you'd be surprised who reads here... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AP said:

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

are you dirty about not being able to win in Kona so fear not getting another watch? First world problem right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Socks is where it’s at.  One year the QTS gave out socks to participants at every race. (7 in total, even better at the last few races they were just tossing extra socks at everyone).  Best damn idea ever.  Water bottles ? Everyone has a million of them.  You can only have so many towels, and the poor quality string bags only last till the next race.  But socks, especially if they don’t change the colour are just awesome.  Sadly I’m down to my last three, as in singular sock.  Hope they bring them back for the 2018/19 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, AP said:

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

That does it ...... they can stick Kona where the sun don't shine. I'm just doing the Bribie Sprint Series now. At least I can win a commemorative coffee mug in that race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AP said:

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

In the great words of Erin baker. You either win or you don’t.  

You didn’t win. No watch for you. 

BFECA744-218E-41F9-8B6B-0E3C28CE29D3.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

That does it ...... they can stick Kona where the sun don't shine. I'm just doing the Bribie Sprint Series now. At least I can win a commemorative coffee mug in that race.

Haven't they stopped doing  the mugs? The dude that made them retired or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Like AP , I don’t know these guys. Does anyone know these guys. Why are we discussing this anyway?

I just googled Callum Millward and first response was

Callum Millward - Professional Triathlete - 'www.callummillward.com'

And when I click on the link:

NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

We are undergoing some changes.

We will be back very soon.

 

 

Your honour!!!! I rest my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lostkiwi said:

Haven't they stopped doing  the mugs? The dude that made them retired or something. 

Nope the mugs were back last year.  I think they had a year with medals, but the feedback was bring back the mug !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I just googled Callum Millward and first response was

Callum Millward - Professional Triathlete - 'www.callummillward.com'

And when I click on the link:

NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

We are undergoing some changes.

We will be back very soon.

 

 

Your honour!!!! I rest my case.

Probably got attacked by a bot from the other guy

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AP said:

If Andrew Messik reads here I'd like to tell him I'm not impressed that they have cut the placegetter's watches back to "winner only" where since the early 90s top five in every age group got a commemorative watch - this year it's winner only - the rest only get a wooden bowl made in the Philippines? Really significant Hawaiian symbol ??? Oh and they threw in some stupid "dog tag" thing to wear around your neck - what a piece of shit 🤥

Good thing you just do it for the personal satisfaction then, and not the bling. Right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez... On Slowtwitch there was a couple of guys that were giving it to Millward.

I reckon it will blow over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Geez... On Slowtwitch there was a couple of guys that were giving it to Millward.

I reckon it will blow over.

They'd be Tri Sutto sycophants - backing the other guy 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, willie said:

you'd be surprised who reads here... 

I can vouch for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Socks is where it’s at.  One year the QTS gave out socks to participants at every race. (7 in total, even better at the last few races they were just tossing extra socks at everyone).  Best damn idea ever.  Water bottles ? Everyone has a million of them.  You can only have so many towels, and the poor quality string bags only last till the next race.  But socks, especially if they don’t change the colour are just awesome.  Sadly I’m down to my last three, as in singular sock.  Hope they bring them back for the 2018/19 season

Last time I went it was visors - useless for those who have gone the "aero head mod"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Socks is where it’s at.  One year the QTS gave out socks to participants at every race. (7 in total, even better at the last few races they were just tossing extra socks at everyone).  Best damn idea ever.  Water bottles ? Everyone has a million of them.  You can only have so many towels, and the poor quality string bags only last till the next race.  But socks, especially if they don’t change the colour are just awesome.  Sadly I’m down to my last three, as in singular sock.  Hope they bring them back for the 2018/19 season

They have. Got socks last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AA7 said:

They have. Got socks last week.

Great! Hope they have them at next race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×