Jump to content
Peter

Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn)

Recommended Posts

Certainly takes the attention of a sub par performance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

If someone complains I double down on my boorish behaviour by making them the issue, when it is my behaviour or banter that is the issue.

If your actually relating this to this particular instance, then I wouldn't say his comments were inappropriate or boorish. And if he's telling the truth about what happened, then they were the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nick777 said:

Was his ex a very very very good triathlete?

If I'm right, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE NEW ERA HAS DAWNED. THE CARTEL IS HERE

I get the whole building a brand and a business. For the people who like this type of look at me stuff there will be many more who don't. But some people don't like Corky, I think she's okay and good for the sport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zed said:

Probably not made up, but possibly exaggerated/embellished. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Nope, I'm confident she made up the entire thing.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FatPom said:

If I'm right, yes.

Cmon spill, my head is hurting 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If your actually relating this to this particular instance, then I wouldn't say his comments were inappropriate or boorish. And if he's telling the truth about what happened, then they were the issue.

Not sure jumping onto insta and declaring the person guilty is great. If I was assaulted I'd got to the police not instagram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Not sure jumping onto insta and declaring the person guilty is great. If I was assaulted I'd got to the police not instagram

That’s old skool man. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think good old Callum made it all up to mask his woeful performance on race day. Like he seriously had the worse day. I know someone has to come last out of all the professionals, but I wouldn’t have expected Callum to be that guy. I follow him on Strava and he lays down some awesome run times in training. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

Does anyone think good old Callum made it all up to mask his woeful performance on race day. 

 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Certainly takes the attention of a sub par performance 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was making up a story like that, I wouldn’t use a relatively high profile specific person.

As a made up story, some random drunk guy abusing you and riding into you somewhere on Alii Drive is very plausible and gets the same level of sympathy from Cartel type folk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roxii said:

Cmon spill, my head is hurting 

I'm assuming Pete Coulson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit guys I’ve been back here 7 minutes and it only took me 1 if those to figure out who PJC is ! 

What have you done in my absence my children ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FatPom said:

I'm assuming Pete Coulson

Aaaaah yes of courses 

well done Sherlock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam is a great guy and here is his response from FB this morning

 

The last 36hrs have been tough as my character has been completely ripped apart due to the factually incorrect allegations that Callum Millward has used to slander me in a way designed for maximum damage on social media, all while I was in transit from USA to Australia. 

I have been involved with Triathlon for 29yrs now, did my first race in 1989, with not a single incident like this, not one single altercation and I thank my true friends for the messages of support. 

I have received dozens on dozens of private messages threatening to “bash me” “I’m going to come and find you” etc with a couple even threatening worse then this along with messages that my athletes are taking drugs and me being a peadophile. All quite distressing for my family and friends. 

In October 2017 Callum contacted me and asked to be coached. I didn’t think it would be a good match, so I politely said no, but Callum wouldn’t take no for an answer and continued to bombard me with calls, emails and messages then even emailed in to be coached by Brett Sutton as well. Eventually someone that works with me emailed him in a more direct manner and told him to look for other options and that stopped the harassment or so I thought, because then he went on to harass about 10 of our mutual friends that would contact me all multiple times that he still wanted to be coached by me and could I reconsider taking him on etc. I didn’t make a big song and dance about this, just continued to let his friends know, it won’t be a good fit and that the answer is still no. 

The reason I did not take him on in the first place is two of my male athletes at the time did not get along with Callum after unprovoked “dramas” and this added up with numerous other stories I had been told of his poor attitude one being from his former swim coach at Noosa, the other that he had a fight with Terrenzo Bozzone in a pool once, and this was all unacceptable behaviour that I just didn’t want to risk bringing into my small training environment. 

About 5 weeks ago Callum’s name came up again, as someone alerted me that he had tried to call out one of my athletes on Twitter in a clear attempt to embarrass her on a public forum, again completely unprovoked and with no clear motive to do so other then to cause drama and perhaps some sick and twisted way of self promotion. I calmed everyone down and said you will get sweet revenge in Kona as you run by him, this I was certain would happen and a way to keep my athletes focussed on there job and not caught up in the fake petty world of social media.

At approx 32km mark of Kona, I was on Queen K following my athlete, I saw Callum up ahead, I rode past him, and said 
“did you think you were tuff bullying and trying to embarrass one of my female athletes on Twitter” 
He replied “yes because she’s a loser and a drop kick and so are you” 
I said “well looks like you are the loser now as she’s about to run by you along with half the women’s field”
He then replied with an attack on my 12yr old daughter that still has completely shellshocked me that he even knows her name let alone the very private and personal circumstances that surrounded his comment. I saw red, rode up next to him and said “if you ever speak of my daughter again I will drag you into the lava rocks over there and belt you” during the delivery of this as I tried to hop off the bike I stumbled and embarrassingly fell off the bike. I looked around and saw my athlete coming along with Rinny and Siri so I got back on the bike and rode off to refocus on the race and not one word was spoken after this. The whole incident lasted less then 60sec. 

To allege I followed him, bullied him & then ran at him with my bike or even touched him is 100% completely and utterly false. To then fabricate these false events and put them on social media with the clear and main objective to incite hundreds of people against me, some of whom I’ve been friends with for 20years is really a form of evil that I haven’t come across before. 

His false version of events are opportunistic to settle some anger he harbours over being declined to be coached by me over a year ago now. He has tried to ruin my career and have extreme negative impact on others that are closely associated with me and may well have succeeded. 

I regret verbally threatening him, but it was direct spur of the moment rage that came from him attacking my daughter and our very personal circumstances. 

Others have begged me for my side of the story so here it is. I personally wished to leave it be, as I stand little to gain now by getting my side of the story out against an angry falsely influenced mob, but I owe it to my friends and colleagues to set the record straight, as it’s them that I am most upset for in this debacle.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM (I don't mean flanman)

This will be far from the end of it all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goughy said:

FM (I don't mean flanman)

This will be far from the end of it all!

 If Callum is Smart he will remain silent now and not utter another word. 

Side point: Callum obviously wanted the best coach in the sport hence continually asking Sutton and cam to coach him. I get that. If you really want something, you don’t ask once and accept no for an answer. You keep asking. 

Edited by Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Callum’s story is 100% correct and the whole story then Cam is a bit of a dick. 

If Cam’s story is 100% correct then Callum is a massive dick. 

Cam doesn’t have too much to lose by way of reputation given who he works for and since it has been proven people will overlook “indiscretions” when looking for a coach.

callum however has based his brand on a big happy loving triathlon family so Cams allegations on his previous behaviour and then what he said on the queen k will really damage that image. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James said:

At approx 32km mark of Kona, I was on Queen K following my athlete, I saw Callum up ahead, I rode past him, and said 
“did you think you were tuff bullying and trying to embarrass one of my female athletes on Twitter” 

Hrm, he could have just ignored him. History aside, he seems to be trying to play the victim when it seemed he instigated the whole thing at Kona. If he had said nothing and let it go, would this have happened?

Sounds like too many egos on all sides. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James said:

Cam is a great guy and here is his response from FB this morning

 

The last 36hrs have been tough as my character has been completely ripped apart due to the factually incorrect allegations that Callum Millward has used to slander me in a way designed for maximum damage on social media, all while I was in transit from USA to Australia. 

I have been involved with Triathlon for 29yrs now, did my first race in 1989, with not a single incident like this, not one single altercation and I thank my true friends for the messages of support. 

I have received dozens on dozens of private messages threatening to “bash me” “I’m going to come and find you” etc with a couple even threatening worse then this along with messages that my athletes are taking drugs and me being a peadophile. All quite distressing for my family and friends. 

In October 2017 Callum contacted me and asked to be coached. I didn’t think it would be a good match, so I politely said no, but Callum wouldn’t take no for an answer and continued to bombard me with calls, emails and messages then even emailed in to be coached by Brett Sutton as well. Eventually someone that works with me emailed him in a more direct manner and told him to look for other options and that stopped the harassment or so I thought, because then he went on to harass about 10 of our mutual friends that would contact me all multiple times that he still wanted to be coached by me and could I reconsider taking him on etc. I didn’t make a big song and dance about this, just continued to let his friends know, it won’t be a good fit and that the answer is still no. 

The reason I did not take him on in the first place is two of my male athletes at the time did not get along with Callum after unprovoked “dramas” and this added up with numerous other stories I had been told of his poor attitude one being from his former swim coach at Noosa, the other that he had a fight with Terrenzo Bozzone in a pool once, and this was all unacceptable behaviour that I just didn’t want to risk bringing into my small training environment. 

About 5 weeks ago Callum’s name came up again, as someone alerted me that he had tried to call out one of my athletes on Twitter in a clear attempt to embarrass her on a public forum, again completely unprovoked and with no clear motive to do so other then to cause drama and perhaps some sick and twisted way of self promotion. I calmed everyone down and said you will get sweet revenge in Kona as you run by him, this I was certain would happen and a way to keep my athletes focussed on there job and not caught up in the fake petty world of social media.

At approx 32km mark of Kona, I was on Queen K following my athlete, I saw Callum up ahead, I rode past him, and said 
“did you think you were tuff bullying and trying to embarrass one of my female athletes on Twitter” 
He replied “yes because she’s a loser and a drop kick and so are you” 
I said “well looks like you are the loser now as she’s about to run by you along with half the women’s field”
He then replied with an attack on my 12yr old daughter that still has completely shellshocked me that he even knows her name let alone the very private and personal circumstances that surrounded his comment. I saw red, rode up next to him and said “if you ever speak of my daughter again I will drag you into the lava rocks over there and belt you” during the delivery of this as I tried to hop off the bike I stumbled and embarrassingly fell off the bike. I looked around and saw my athlete coming along with Rinny and Siri so I got back on the bike and rode off to refocus on the race and not one word was spoken after this. The whole incident lasted less then 60sec. 

To allege I followed him, bullied him & then ran at him with my bike or even touched him is 100% completely and utterly false. To then fabricate these false events and put them on social media with the clear and main objective to incite hundreds of people against me, some of whom I’ve been friends with for 20years is really a form of evil that I haven’t come across before. 

His false version of events are opportunistic to settle some anger he harbours over being declined to be coached by me over a year ago now. He has tried to ruin my career and have extreme negative impact on others that are closely associated with me and may well have succeeded. 

I regret verbally threatening him, but it was direct spur of the moment rage that came from him attacking my daughter and our very personal circumstances. 

Others have begged me for my side of the story so here it is. I personally wished to leave it be, as I stand little to gain now by getting my side of the story out against an angry falsely influenced mob, but I owe it to my friends and colleagues to set the record straight, as it’s them that I am most upset for in this debacle.

so pretty much in line with the response that I posted above...? 😉 

 

douche moves all around by the sounds of it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like being fun for a few weeks.

I find it interesting he called Cal out for the girls running past,  at least Bergs chose to DNF rather than have the girls run past. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bosco said:

This looks like being fun for a few weeks.

I find it interesting he called Cal out for the girls running past,  at least Bergs chose to DNF rather than have the girls run past. 

It seems like pros cant win with this one... you respect bergs for DNF but lats year Frodo was lauded for "showing respect" by walking it home? I dont get it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watt threw the first punch. 

 

If someone got into sarah Crowley’s face during the race he would be crying till christmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pieman said:

It seems like pros cant win with this one... you respect bergs for DNF but lats year Frodo was lauded for "showing respect" by walking it home? I dont get it?

Its different. Jan was the champ. 

Burgs need to recover and prep for his next ironman. 

With the new qualifying rules, he needs to turn up to busso and win. 

Running and destroying his legs for 42k when he clearly had issues would have been dumb. 

To be honest, everyone outsode of the top 10-15 in kona should have pulled out. 

Its a qualifying game for next year now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cam did make the first approach on Callum on the run, then that was a dick move, and clearly caused the whole thing.

 

To approach someone like that in the back end of their race when they are clearly struggling, to bring up something that happened on SM way before, is a bit dicky.   It's a bit beyond sledging IMO. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two coaches out on the Queen K riding bikes & following their athletes. Surely this is outside assistance? pacing/coaching during the event?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bored@work said:

Two coaches out on the Queen K riding bikes & following their athletes. Surely this is outside assistance? pacing/coaching during the event?

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rocket Salad said:

This stories got everything except for sex and Dragons.

Patience! It's just getting started ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Patience! It's just getting started ;) 

There was a Tiger further back along the Queen K. And a Prince.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dazmuzza said:

Sounds like too many egos on all sides. 

Egos, in Kona - surely not! :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but is anyone else sitting here thinking everyone just needs to grow the **** up and possibly that all parties involved probably shouldn't have aired their grievances publicly like they did? 

In my view they're all to blame for this stupidity and it's done neither of them any favours.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says I've had to many "likes" today, so I'm just gonna have to say...

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm sorry but is anyone else sitting here thinking everyone just needs to grow the **** up and possibly that all parties involved probably shouldn't have aired their grievances publicly like they did? 

In my view they're all to blame for this stupidity and it's done neither of them any favours.

But dont you know social media is the first place to take things these days so you can garner support to justify your feelings from your followers.

*I'm with you, f@#king grow up.  its nothing other than childish playground behavior.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm sorry but is anyone else sitting here thinking everyone just needs to grow the **** up and possibly that all parties involved probably shouldn't have aired their grievances publicly like they did? 

In my view they're all to blame for this stupidity and it's done neither of them any favours.

I think everyone else is thinking that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roxii said:

If Callum’s story is 100% correct and the whole story then Cam is a bit of a dick. 

If Cam’s story is 100% correct then Callum is a massive dick. 

And the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Sounds like they've all acted like dicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm sorry but is anyone else sitting here thinking everyone just needs to grow the **** up and possibly that all parties involved probably shouldn't have aired their grievances publicly like they did? 

In my view they're all to blame for this stupidity and it's done neither of them any favours.

Yup

Bunny boilers at 50 paces here.

Mind you, there is a real estate agent on the south coast who I've not forgotten :ninja:....and that @#$% in the Triton from a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree. But I have to admit it was pretty entertaining following the story. Bit like the Kardashians for triathletes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh damn straight, a bit of infantile banter is great entertainment for the masses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocket Salad said:

This stories got everything except for sex and Dragons.

I believe that Cam Watt has a dragon tattoo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm sorry but is anyone else sitting here thinking everyone just needs to grow the **** up and possibly that all parties involved probably shouldn't have aired their grievances publicly like they did? 

In my view they're all to blame for this stupidity and it's done neither of them any favours.

Yup. Handbags all around and everybody should go and have a cup of tea and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something doesn't seem right.

 

He says he calmd the situation down with his athletes a couple months back yet at the first opportunity aggravated it himself.   

 

Why would anyone beg someone to coach them?  

 

I read that and think he looks like a massive penis.  Should have just stayed quiet. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm sorry but is anyone else sitting here thinking everyone just needs to grow the **** up and possibly that all parties involved probably shouldn't have aired their grievances publicly like they did? 

In my view they're all to blame for this stupidity and it's done neither of them any favours.

I agree. I'm sure Millward was deserving of a serve, but not a great to do it in the middle of the race. Have a chat in the pub afterwards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×