Peter

Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn)

26 minutes ago, willie said:

Until there's proof of anything like that I reckon we need to tread lightly. There's a **** ton of people in Kona and surely someone heard or saw something. 

Up on the HWY there is not a lot of people as most spectators don't go beyond Pallani, s its just a few guys on MTBs or Mopeds spread out, so something could easily happen without being seen, especially as Callum was in no mans land there would have not been many athletes around him. Why would he just make something like this up?

9 hours ago, The Customer said:

He coaches Sarah Crowley and Burgs so defo not a C grade coach. Hope the full story comes out and Cam gets to have his say.

You assumed he was talking about Cam.

59 minutes ago, roxii said:

But like the "sitting in on the bike train" argument. 

Its not against the rules, so why the sour grapes. 

...... and maybe she is too busy training to play on social media. As a pro that woudl be a good use of your resources wouldnt it??? 

I dont think it's sour grapes, Cal is humourous guy and that is just him taking the mickey.

52 minutes ago, willie said:

Until there's proof of anything like that I reckon we need to tread lightly. There's a **** ton of people in Kona and surely someone heard or saw something. 

I'm sure it was mentioned above, but witnessed by Siri Lindley and several other athletes.

2 minutes ago, AA7 said:

I'm sure it was mentioned above, but witnessed by Siri Lindley and several other athletes.

Yep a dick move to have a go at someone during the race. Save it for the after party.

If true,I'm surprised Cal didn't take a swing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AA7 said:

And I'm sure Sarah Crowley would know what happened too.

52 minutes ago, willie said:

Apparently Siri lindley and a few other high profile witnesses saw it but as the customer said, Cams side will clarify everything. (from his Instagram*)..

On a more sour note I had an issue on the run where prominent Australian coach Cameron Watt from Tri Sutto rode next to me for 5 minutes throwing an array of bullying and abuse.

I was out on my bike supporting TriSutto athletes when I saw someone who looked in a world of pain. I offered him some encouragement by yelling to him "if you dont hurry up I am going to eat your cupcakes" and "One foot in front of the other and then another 9km of that and you will be home"

At 33km into the Ironman marathon he thought it was a good idea to ridicule my weight and race performance.

"Looking strong" and "Come on, use your power to bring this home before the first 60 year old" are hardly ridicule?

He then threatened to “beat the shit out of me on the lava rocks”

It was noisy out on the highway, I actually said " take a seat for a bit and wring out your socks"

before riding his bike into me.

He was clearly going full Julie Moss mode as my words didnt register, I was appealing to all his Kiwi prode to bring it home strong but he looked like someone staggering a long the vegas strip at 3 in the morning, he then fell into my bike and had a brief sleep"

*not really

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AA7 said:

ah, I missed that, will be interesting to see what comes of it then

1 minute ago, Gilliga said:

sounds like pieman's humor was lost in translation.

fixed that for you ;)

Edited by dazaau
  • Sad 1

Reminds me of those times all those guys backed their bungholes onto John Hopoate's index finger during games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dazaau said:

fixed that for you ;)

Don't be sad pieman - I wasn't having a dig at your humor. But I'm not sure Gilliga picked up on the fanciful nature of your post :) You had me going for a little while.

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Don't be sad pieman - I wasn't having a dig at your humor. But I'm not sure Gilliga picked up on the fanciful nature of your post :) You had me going for a little while.

I don't think @zed did either as he posted it on ST and now they're all searching social media for it... oops

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, pieman said:

Apparently Siri lindley and a few other high profile witnesses saw it but as the customer said, Cams side will clarify everything. (from his Instagram*)..

On a more sour note I had an issue on the run where prominent Australian coach Cameron Watt from Tri Sutto rode next to me for 5 minutes throwing an array of bullying and abuse.

I was out on my bike supporting TriSutto athletes when I saw someone who looked in a world of pain. I offered him some encouragement by yelling to him "if you dont hurry up I am going to eat your cupcakes" and "One foot in front of the other and then another 9km of that and you will be home"

At 33km into the Ironman marathon he thought it was a good idea to ridicule my weight and race performance.

"Looking strong" and "Come on, use your power to bring this home before the first 60 year old" are hardly ridicule?

He then threatened to “beat the shit out of me on the lava rocks”

It was noisy out on the highway, I actually said " take a seat for a bit and wring out your socks"

before riding his bike into me.

He was clearly going full Julie Moss mode as my words didnt register, I was appealing to all his Kiwi prode to bring it home strong but he looked like someone staggering a long the vegas strip at 3 in the morning, he then fell into my bike and had a brief sleep"

*not really

Where did this come from? Can't see it on IG.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zed said:

Where did this come from? Can't see it on IG.

See the small disclaimer down the bottom. You've been had!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

Read bottom left corner .....closely! 

lol oops

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pieman said:

I don't think @zed did either as he posted it on ST and now they're all searching social media for it... oops

ha ha yeah just had to delete my ST posts 

You didn't need to see the disclaimer to know it was a pisstake!

Disclaimer: I didn't see the disclaimer!

Worth it though to get the yanks up in arms...

12 minutes ago, Rocket Salad said:

Can't believe no one saw it as a pisstake

ha ha it sounded believable

If one had a macabre sense of humour one could forward pieman's post to Cameron Watt to use as a defence. 😂

23 minutes ago, zed said:

ha ha yeah just had to delete my ST posts 

Now that you have (quite innocently) set them loose, surely it would be a disservice to interrupt or stop them now :lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

wow that slow twitch thread was intense.

That Mike Alexander guy is a psycho.. Cal calls someone a flog on social media so this guy screenshots that and sends it to all Cals sponsors.. and is now boycotting anyone that didn't dump him..

compares this name calling to being abused and run over on bike (allegedly)

according to urban dictionary, flog just means wanker or full of himself and 'may or may not be derogatory" so this reaction seems like overkill..?

45 minutes ago, pieman said:

That Mike Alexander guy is a psycho.. Cal calls someone a flog on social media so this guy screenshots that and sends it to all Cals sponsors.. and is now boycotting anyone that didn't dump him..

compares this name calling to being abused and run over on bike (allegedly)

according to urban dictionary, flog just means wanker or full of himself and 'may or may not be derogatory" so this reaction seems like overkill..?

Is it April 1st?  It is right.

25 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm surprised there is no outrage that zed stole your thread title Peter.

What? Where? Twits?

Well I’m sure everyone else knew already but I think I’ve worked out who PJC is:lol:

1 minute ago, FatPom said:

Well I’m sure everyone else knew already but I think I’ve worked out who PJC is:lol:

have no idea.. ?

I tried to make it to the end of the twits thread. But I quit. Which was the honorable thing to do since to finish would be an insult to forum readers everywhere. 

Least that's what I learned before I gave up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pieman said:

have no idea.. ?

Well I might have put 2 and 2 together and got 5 but, 'very good cyclist, has an ex who is a triathlete' and the initials match.

I'm probably wrong though..

• Confused 1

Hey guys i'm still here in Kona with Sunny and he wants to know if anyone knows where Cam Watt is at ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yoyo said:

Reminds me of those times all those guys backed their bungholes onto John Hopoate's index finger during games.

Those were the days 🤔😎🤘

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Well I might have put 2 and 2 together and got 5 but, 'very good cyclist, has an ex who is a triathlete' and the initials match.

I'm probably wrong though..

Was his ex a very very very good triathlete?

10 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

So you're not allowed to take the piss on social media?  He is one of the better people to follow on insta, banter like this is why I'd prefer to follow him than someone who's taking things way too seriously.  I don't think he really gives a shit if Crowley is using a bot or sitting on her phone for hours on end liking posts.

Banter is the Aussie way of saying, I can make insensitive, offensive remarks to anyone with impunity as I just say its banter nothing serious. If someone complains I double down on my boorish behaviour by making them the issue, when it is my behaviour or banter that is the issue.

10 hours ago, Gilliga said:

Up on the HWY there is not a lot of people as most spectators don't go beyond Pallani, s its just a few guys on MTBs or Mopeds spread out, so something could easily happen without being seen, especially as Callum was in no mans land there would have not been many athletes around him. Why would he just make something like this up?

Don't know, why would he, why wouldn't he. People are first and foremost emotional beings who learned logic. Social media tends to lend itself to emotion

Edited by BarryBevan

17 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

why wouldn't he

Cmon next you will tell us people make up a cancer diagnosis too. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, roxii said:

Cmon next you will tell us people make up a cancer diagnosis too. 

Is this Callum the person behind the cupcake cartel?

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Is this Callum the person behind the cupcake cartel?

Yeah and the “hilarious” cupcakes with Cal videos. 

Probably not made up, but possibly exaggerated/embellished. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?