Sign in to follow this  
dazaau

Nike 4% shoes at Kona

Cam wurf had them in the lead on the run. Until Patrick went past him like a bullet train😆

1 hour ago, Chuckie M said:

Cam wurf had them in the lead on the run. Until Patrick went past him like a bullet train😆

Yeah I think I saw him in the Nikes - wasn't enough I guess! Needed the 8% version.

Just now, dazaau said:

Yeah I think I saw him in the Nikes - wasn't enough I guess! Needed the 8% version.

I got a pair of them for IM Maryland. Didn't help me.....

10 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

That's because they are RUNNING shoes.  :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

You should've asked before wasting $350 on a pair of shoes. They're not great IMO, if they compliment your technique then they're great, if they dont (which is 97% of people) then they'll do more harm then good. Also the faster you go in them, the better they are. 

1 minute ago, willie said:

You should've asked before wasting $350 on a pair of shoes. They're not great IMO, if they compliment your technique then they're great, if they dont (which is 97% of people) then they'll do more harm then good. Also the faster you go in them, the better they are. 

My normal shoe dealer couldn't get me the shoes I needed.  I tried to get a pair of ON Cloud Surfers in NYC, DC & Amazon while we were state side. 

25 minutes ago, roxii said:

That's because they are RUNNING shoes.  :lol: 

Do you really want to pick this fight, kayak boy?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

Only my Physio says I can’t run.

everyone says you can’t :lol: 

:Lol: :lol::lol:

post of the year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bored@work said:

You win.

Actually you are still able to race, so really ... you win!   :sadwalk:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I’m retired

Where have we heard that before? 

• Thanks 1

Sean Connery???  

How many times for him, I think it was twice?

5 minutes ago, goughy said:

Sean Connery???  

How many times for him, I think it was twice?

Can I suggest that if Bored@ does another Ironman he has to race under the name John Farnham!! 

3 minutes ago, yoyo said:

Nike shoes are bullshit

You still on K-Swiss or moved on to skechers Yo? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

You still on K-Swiss or moved on to skechers Yo? 

Mizuno. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to wear Mizunos.

58 minutes ago, yoyo said:

Nike shoes are bullshit

Over-rated for sure. Although I did pick up a pair of Nike Pegasus Turbo recently and have been pleasantly surprised! Will probably race in them for IMWA. Other option is my racing flats - Hyperspeeds, but worried they're too light weight for a marathon.

Edited by zed

50 minutes ago, yoyo said:

Mizuno. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to wear Mizunos.

Wow, here we were thinking the Yo2 was credible... He used to ride '08 bikes in '06, now he's wearin' '08 shoes in '18. 

• Haha 1

All those people who burned there expensive Nike's realised they couldn't afford new ones.

1 minute ago, lawman said:

All those people who burned there expensive Nike's realised they couldn't afford new ones.

You don't wear the expensive Nike, you put them in a glass case.

sounds like the guy who broke the overall AG record was in them as they gave him the wrong bag at T2 and he was flustered about not having his secret weapon...

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, pieman said:

sounds like the guy who broke the overall AG record was in them as they gave him the wrong bag at T2 and he was flustered about not having his secret weapon...

Some kind of ketone supplement. 

On 15/10/2018 at 12:39 AM, yoyo said:

Nike shoes are bullshit

So fast they're bullshit, or just regular bullshit? :whistling:

On 15/10/2018 at 9:39 AM, yoyo said:

Nike shoes are bullshit

Here's a pair you might find more to your liking. For sale on the local FB group.

44057291_10155462253051652_3945055447106453504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=52429137282ff748960209b1e76ec40b&oe=5C445B59

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 16/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, FatPom said:

So fast they're bullshit, or just regular bullshit? :whistling:

Somewhere between ceepo and Speedo 

• Haha 1

On 14/10/2018 at 7:04 PM, dazaau said:

Did anyone wear them this year? Particuarly those that broke records?

Apparently quite a few:

4148B52A-995F-4A72-BEC8-C1B243F72199.png

5 hours ago, trilobite said:

Apparently quite a few:

4148B52A-995F-4A72-BEC8-C1B243F72199.png

I reckon Hoka has peaked, I don't think they're likely to shrink but I doubt they'll see the growth of the past few years going forward. I think they just need to stay above that 15%. 

Nike might grow next year unless the 4% shoes get banned (there is talk this may happen). Nike have put a huge amount of $$$ into their run line up and I doubt we'll see that continue. Like everything they do, one big chunk of innovation then they'll ride on that for the next few years. 

Saucony is and still does make some good running shoes. I'm surprised they're that high on the list. They're just really solid and always will be. They're great at accepting feedback and adjusting (and sometimes not changing a thing). The type A8 sucked when it first came out, the upper was a dud. They did a bit of work and now it's back to being great. 

On Running is surprising, but I reckon it could be a Newton, good for a few years then slowly shrinks. They've dumped a heap of money into advertising etc and I fear when that stops they'll shrink. I dont mind the shoes, except for the amount of shit that gets stuck in them. Bored@ loves his. 

New Balance are a favourite of mine at the moment with the Beacon and the Zante v4 and the 1400. But mostly the beacon (as is by far my highest selling shoe). Monkie just ran a 2.58 in beacons. Kudos mate! I cant tell you how much I like NB at the moment, just a really good lineup and some great prices (my two favourites are $160!!!) 

Adidas needs to lift they're game a bit, boost has been and gone and I just gave away my most recent pair of adios. They're just not as good as other stuff out there for me at the moment. RBR swears by them though! Dont ever buy the SUB2, it was a lemon IMO. 

Brooks, this is the biggest surprise. They struggling. I think discontinuing some of their more popular race type shoes pushed a lot of us away from the brand. I had worn T7 for years but the hyperion are Shite. They also missed a huge opportunity by not releasing details of the shoe Dessie wore when she won boston. Complete marketing fail. 

Newton. Meh. I have nothing to add. Always have and will hate em. Ftiness Buddy still has em and he knows a thing or two about how to run and run fast. 

Sketchers. I really like some sketchers. They're not really a big well known running brand but man, they make some good shoes. Only sold in Australia by one of the big mobs from america at a ridiculously high price comparatively speaking. you might find a few at RunWith pretty soon. 

Altra, hardcore runners shoe but not great for most triathletes. Not exactly a fast shoe IMO and quite different. They've got a good following and will continue to have one for a long time I reckon. They need to do a few models with 4mm drop or so to entice more people into their offering. I know they wont but meh. 

The other brands also make some good shoes, Reebok run Fast Pro is an AWESOME shoe. 361 and Salming do some good shoes - I really like my pair of 361 but as a brand they're going to struggle I think. Salomon do some decent products but man they're stupid expensive for what they are. Topo I stock and like, however they're new and need a little further development to make them great. zoot are almost dead and probably wont exist soon. Fila, Vibram - meh. Kalenji is decathlons brand cheap and really nasty. Do win, er what? Chinese brand no doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd be interested to see what the show counts are from done of the big marathons!

I'm loving the bondi's for my walking, and actually kinda wish I'd gotten some hokas for my work shoes as they feel all comfy and snugly to me.    But I'd be interested to see what the average runner pickup is of hokas.  They are certainly appearing in more bog standard running shops like athletes foot, which will help them.  Many of these other "fringe"brands haven't in the past.

Ok, 2015 Boston marathon Hoka had 5+%.  I think that's not bad for a few years ago.

Willie the adios just fits my foot.  In saying that my previous go to was the bike lunar tempo.  I saw a pair of the new fly nit zoom today and I wouldn't mind trying them but $250 a pair...

3 hours ago, willie said:

Brooks, this is the biggest surprise. They struggling. I think discontinuing some of their more popular race type shoes pushed a lot of us away from the brand. I had worn T7 for years but the hyperion are Shite. They also missed a huge opportunity by not releasing details of the shoe Dessie wore when she won boston. Complete marketing fail. 

And not to forget Brooks lead the way in stopping their shoes being purchased online for Australian addresses, just to maximise their profits by ripping off everyone including the local wholesalers.  Sometime just after 2000 they totally forgot that the customer needs to be forefront in everything they do.  I used to be a religious purchaser of them - would get a new pair of Adrenalines around every 4 months, now rate them as overpriced shoes similar to those offered by most of their competitors

I’m with you cottoneyes. 

I was the same. For an item where you know your size and you just want to get a new pair going to a shoe shop to be interrogated and then upsold to another shoe was frustrating. 

Buying online made the process so much easier. 

I switched brands and only buy online. 

46 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

And not to forget Brooks lead the way in stopping their shoes being purchased online for Australian addresses,

I think it was Asics, cos I went from them to  a Brooks Trance after Wiggle stopped shipping them.

Now, I'm back in Asics, but only end of season stuff on catch of the day.

Just got my Vaporfly 4%s. Not sure what to make of them. They are an odd shoe to run in. Very comfy and light,  the heel is very cushioned and feels almost inefficient.  It's a fast shoe though.

41 minutes ago, yoyo said:

Bullshit fast ?

You should know Yo. 

You had them 2 years ago 🙄

1 hour ago, yoyo said:

Bullshit fast ?

lol nah

No faster than my hyperspeeds. But certainly more cushioned.