yoyo

Congratulations to the Prince

21 hours ago, The Customer said:

That was probably Shirin Gerami, the first Iranian woman to qualify for and race at Kona. I think she's coached or mentored by PNF and is a lot faster than many other young women who also qualify for Kona. Her times for 70.3 are starting to get close to the 5hr mark. I have a lot of respect for this woman after seeing her race at Bahrain 70.3.

I must be confused. I thought she grew up in the UK and was mentored by CW, different person?

She does live in the UK now. I don't know about her childhood. I have no idea if she knows CW or the other CW 😂

All I know is she races for Iran as a covered Muslim.

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Is he next in line to be king? 

Because this is delusion of a grand scale if he is just another prince in the world

No his older brother is the Crown Prince. I heard Nasser is more likely to be groomed for Presidency but that was just the talk amongst the Bahrainis (a fairly high Al Khalifa Shaikh so could be a good source). I guess his status in the Royal family would be on par with Prince Harry.

3 minutes ago, The Customer said:

She does live in the UK now. I don't know about her childhood. I have no idea if she knows CW or the other CW 😂

All I know is she races for Iran as a covered Muslim.

Yeah I think that's her, I'm sure Chrissie was quite instrumental in helping her in the early days, I remember reading a few interviews with her about getting suppliers on board to develop race clothing.

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Bahaha. As if the princes mother was ever allowed to read and write in life or even see her son after he turned 8. 

Nasser's mother is Kuwaiti Royalty, highly educated, with extraordinary wealth. Bahrainis treat the mother figure with the utmost high respect.

Edited by The Customer

On 22/10/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bored@work said:

Tipping his coke & donuts splash cash is different to the sugary delights I have post race.

On 25/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, Mike Honcho said:

The President of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports, Chairman of the Bahrain Olympic Committee, Honorary President of the Federation, on the occasion of his victory in the first place in the world championship of the iron man which was recently concluded in Kona, USA.

The event was attended by His Highness Sheikh Faisal bin Rashid Al Khalifa, Vice President of the Supreme Council for Environment, President of the Royal Federation of Equestrian and Fitness Racing, HE Abdulrahman Sadiq Askar, Assistant Secretary General of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports, Secretary General of the Bahrain Olympic Committee and a number of sports figures and members of the Royal Equestrian Federation , Where many athletes and horsemen took part in the event by taking horses from the Bahrain International Capacity Village in the direction of Plage of Algeria, with the participation of the dragons of Bahrain and a large number of stables and equestrian centers. R. Bin Hamad Al Khalifa, in the horse parade bikes before we cut the cake victory.

So we've established he is into doughnuts then.

All is forgiven.

The Prince could be in a bit of hot water, though I suppose he could buy his own way out. It remains to be seen how the rest of his teams go.

https://www.triathlete.com/2019/05/news/the-latest-doping-scandals-link-to-triathlon_376479?fbclid=IwAR1fx9_GX9PkWqGhBtJZYFq8L3ycDnAznUMROEKBTBPpQ-FypJoDecbL3A8

Not surprised.  And I thought he was just a draft cheat. Not a drug cheat as well. 

I wonder when jan and the other guys will walk away. 

Not a brush you want to be painted with. 

15 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

This is so funny. Can’t wait to hear Macca’s spin on this.

Depends if macca is still on the princes payroll. 

I think his money is now coming from Russia. Not Bahrain. 

Michael Dhulst

Leonid Boguslavsky

Leonid Boguslavsky (Russian: Леонид Борисович Богуславский, born June 17, 1951 in Moscow, Russia) is an entrepreneur, scientist, founder of RTP Global. He was one of the first investors in Yandex, Ozon, Delivery Hero, Epam, DataDog, SnapDeal. In 2012 he was the Internet investor of the year (Forbes). Most successful investor of the year (RBC, 2017).[1] He is in Forbes billionaires list.

Born: 17 June 1951 (age 67 years), Moscow, Russia

Net worth: 1 billion USD (2019)

I told you all this way back in 2016/17. I've met Milan Erzen on many occasions. He bought David Plese across from Slovenia to be Nasser's champion because Erzen thought the Aussie triathlete that Khalid was supporting in BH was 'B' Grade (and he didn't like Aussies) Erzen said to people I knew back then, that he would show Nasser a 'real' triathlete. Since then, the Aussie based in BH has started beating Plese in 70.3. LOL

I good friend of mine worked at an airline head office in BH. Erzen latched on to him and put him to good use. My friend organised many last minute trips for Erzen from BH to China, Spain etc, so that Erzen could arrive at race locations or pick up 'something' a few days ahead of the Sheikh's races. Erzen would only stay in the country of a few hours and fly straight back to BH. We can only speculate on the purpose of the trips. They were always trips into countries with easy access to drugs. We're not doping experts - we are the naive masses.

Erzen was also a Pro cyclist for Slovenia back in his prime - if it sounds like a duck...

There's no doubt among the tri community in BH about the level of cheating at that level. They used it as excuse to do it themselves. I heard it straight from the athletes mouths who raced Age Group at 70.3 world champs.

Edited by The Customer

46 minutes ago, The Customer said:

That's funny. The media is definitely connecting Erzen to the Ironman brand in it's reporting of this story, even if it's just via images:

https://siol.net/sportal/kolesarstvo/uci-zaradi-dopinskih-povezav-preiskuje-milana-erzena-498279

The Triathlete story I read also had many IM connections, referencing his involvement as race director of IM Slovenia, and his connections with the Prince and another Slovenian in the Bahrain Tri team.

8 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The Triathlete story I read also had many IM connections, referencing his involvement as race director of IM Slovenia, and his connections with the Prince and another Slovenian in the Bahrain Tri team.

David Plese

nice guy, though he must be sweating. I doubt that IM will actively do anything to catch out any triathletes associated with nasser. Would be bad for their cash flow 😂

Edited by The Customer

10 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Macca just told me it’s a cycling investigation has nothing to do with triathlon😂😂😂😂

The Operation Aderlass doping investigation picked up steam on Wednesday, when it was announced that Bahrain-Merida Pro Cycling Team’s managing director, Milan Erzen, had been implicated, along with a duo of the team’s riders. Erzen is a figurehead of the triathlon and cycling communities in both his native Slovenia and Bahrain, and has been aiding in the training program of Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad al Khalifa since 2013.

8 hours ago, The Customer said:

David Plese

nice guy, though he must be sweating. I doubt that IM will actively do anything to catch out any triathletes associated with nasser. Would be bad for their cash flow 😂

Correct. If Ironman had the balls they would be testing him like crazy going forward. But they won’t.  . 

Basically messck is a softcock and would never stand up against anyone with money. 

13 hours ago, Peter said:

The Operation Aderlass doping investigation picked up steam on Wednesday, when it was announced that Bahrain-Merida Pro Cycling Team’s managing director, Milan Erzen, had been implicated, along with a duo of the team’s riders. Erzen is a figurehead of the triathlon and cycling communities in both his native Slovenia and Bahrain, and has been aiding in the training program of Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad al Khalifa since 2013.

Correct. If Ironman had the balls they would be testing him like crazy going forward. But they won’t.  . 

Basically messck is a softcock and would never stand up against anyone with money. 

I love it when you validate what I say. It is only when you do that I trust my thoughts. 😏

Erzen is hardly a figurehead. He hides in the shadows and 99% of the folk training and racing at the BH races wouldn't have a clue who is is. He only works with the Sheikh and has nothing to do with the development of the sport for the masses (except for bringing the Merida team out once a year so that the local cyclists can ride with them for a couple of hours). He also takes care of the Sheikh's endurance horses to bring them up to winning standard 😉 He pops in and out of the country for key race prep only as his family don't live there. Plus, there are 3 BH merida riders implicated, not 2. You are right that Erzen showed up in BH during 2013. I'm sure he had something to do with the astounding improvements in the Sheikh's performances over the 5 years of his Kona quest.

Edited by The Customer

That was from the article listed about. 

I still love you. Xx

I wondered how long before we started talking about the Bahrain Merida bust. The link between Bahrain sponsorship and triathletes is fairly direct and it is only a matter of time, regardless of facts and evidence, that a focus on performance assistance for those athletes will occur. Most of us would like to think there's nothing there, but how many times in the past have we been wrong?