Flanman

Petrol Prices

WTF ??? I just went into the petrol station. Price for 98 is... wait for it... $1.90 a litre !! Can't remember seeing it higher than this.

FM

Pretty sure I paid 1.70ish for regular last week.  What ya gonna do.....

I hAd to put $10 worth of bloody fuel in at $1.69 this morning. I missed the last cycle, and this one hasn't moved since it went up over a week ago. The $10 should do me for another week and a half, so hopefully it will be at a more respectable level to buy some then. 

At least with it pouring rain and the yard boggy, I don't have to buy any fuel for the mower yet.

Wow, also 1.69 in Cairns (1.55 at the cheaper place, which always has a queue out on the road).  That's why I started to ride to work (and I only have a 22km roundtrip).

Will let you know what Cooktown is tomorrow......

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flanman said:

WTF ??? I just went into the petrol station. Price for 98 is... wait for it... $1.90 a litre !! Can't remember seeing it higher than this.

FM

WHAT - where do you live............that is more like Thursday Island prices.

7 minutes ago, skel said:

WHAT - where do you live............that is more like Thursday Island prices.

That price was for 98 Skel. It's $1.89.9 here as well. Generally about 20c/l higher than regular unleaded.

I still remember when petrol first hit 104.9

I thought it was some sort of cross-promotion with Triple M

• Haha 1

That is one good thing about living in Port Mac. We don't have weekly cycles, I believe this is because the station attendants are too lazy the push the button to change the price.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, skel said:

Wow, also 1.69 in Cairns (1.55 at the cheaper place, which always has a queue out on the road).  That's why I started to ride to work (and I only have a 22km roundtrip).

Will let you know what Cooktown is tomorrow......

Cooktown was 1.69 at the start of the month.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rocket Salad said:

Keen to know where Flanman paid .$1.90

I said it before RS. The $1.90 was for 98, not normal unleaded.

8 hours ago, FatPom said:

paid £1.40 per ltr yesterday, which is approx $2,58

New Zealand is currently more expensive

8 hours ago, FatPom said:

paid £1.40 per ltr yesterday, which is approx $2,58

Was about to say...

I drove 1200k's around southern NSW to a trailrun last weekend towing the camper - it was a very expensive drive.  Paid $1.80 for diesel.

Mind you, whoever left the pump before me with a $469 bill at Gundagai would be hurting. How big are the tanks on a semitrailer?

Edited by lawman

36 minutes ago, lawman said:

I drove 1200k's around southern NSW to a trailrun last weekend towing the camper - it was a very expensive drive.  Paid $1.80 for diesel.

Mind you, whoever left the pump before me with a $469 bill at Gundagai would be hurting. How big are the tanks on a semitrailer?

Many have up to 500 litres. Some long haul trucks will have additional tanks as well. I had to wait to use the only working diesel bowser in Brandon one night as he put over $1,000 in the 5 tanks (2 each side & 1 in the middle). And that was at 1990's prices.

Considering how many more diesel cars there are out there these days, are they improving the ratio of diesel pumps at stations?  Always seems to be a shortage of them to me.

On 15/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Rocket Salad said:

Keen to know where Flanman paid .$1.90

Camden NSW. Top of the pops. I couldn’t  do anything as I was in the missus car and drove 50 kms on empty. Again - 98, the top of the pops for fuel. 

FM

I remember 1990 as a broke drunk Uni student at our footy trip to the snow sitting in the LJH looking across to the servo and swearing I’d sell my shitbox car if petrol got to 65c/litre in Sydney (was 50c/l at that stage)

• Like 1

Just now, Parkside said:

I remember 1990 as a broke drunk Uni student at our footy trip to the snow sitting in the LJH looking across to the servo and swearing I’d sell my shitbox car if petrol got to 65c/litre in Sydney (was 50c/l at that stage)

Must have been about '83, and I managed to get home from Unis with the 45c I could find scatted through the car after it ran out of fuel on Sir Fred Schonnel Drive. I think that was nearly 1.5 litres at the time.

Same, my commute is 2.8km and I usually don't go further than Mornington (8km) except by bike

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

Soft.

FM

I'd run, but I'd hit the (actual) wall after three steps 

• Haha 1

Driving is a vastly overrated experience unless off road. 

22 hours ago, -H- said:

Same, my commute is 2.8km and I usually don't go further than Mornington (8km) except by bike

I've just reduced my commute from 87kms each way to 15kms each way (car only option for previous, bike will be option for new one on school holidays), picked the right time to do it

• Like 1

On 19/10/2018 at 7:59 PM, Merv said:

Driving is a vastly overrated experience unless off road. 

Sounds like you don't have the right cars in your garage...

Commute to work by bike, but have the following to choose from makes tarmac fun!

04 Forester XT Luxury - similar power to the WRX of it's time in a boring box. Great street sleeper and handles the mountains heading to the snow with aplomb.

84 911 Carrera coupe. Needs no introduction. Zero driving aids. Let your guard down for a second and it will bite you bad.

92 JDM Toyota MR2 hardtop Turbo. Absolute rocket in the hills!

On 17/10/2018 at 10:00 PM, Parkside said:

At Uni in the mid-80s I think it was less than 50c/l.  My girlfriend at the time decided she was going to live 5kms out of town & pinch my car (a Corona), though I still had to put petrol in it for her @ around $5 per week - but it was worth it.

6 minutes ago, KieranR said:

two servos in the pilbara today, prices for unleaded fuel

image.png.7555f55fafba24eb491eeb6ea82883f4.png

Bit of a price difference between the 2. Realistically though, I'm not shocked at all with those prices up there.

What gets me is when it's $1.29 when you head in to work, and $1.69 when you come home.

thats for 91 unleaded, im driving past both on the way down to busso in a few weeks, will be interested to see what i pay for diesel...i paid $1.79 there a few weeks ago.  might throw a couple of jerrys on the roof and fill up in Karratha instead

Back in the day ....  🙄

Hunter Valley '81 /82  paid 35c per litre and an attendant would pump the petrol and check your oil!

They really do have to stop calling them service stations.