etiennevt

New Specialized Shiv

1 minute ago, pieman said:

I was envisaging someone using a pipe cleaner type thing trying to clean it but given the size of it would be quite difficult.. I know way back when and I used the standard profile design bottle with the straw that was hard enough to clean..  But i dont care really because I dont have $14000USD laying around...

agree neither do I.  

I guess it would be as hard to clean as a camel back running pack?  I have one of those Ive never cleaned.  I dont run all that often using it though and I do only put water in it. 

Pro tip #578

Milton baby bottle cleaner makes short work of camel bak tubes and bladders.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, Andrew #1 said:

One query though: where does the bento box go?

Do you really really really need one. There is Nutrition on course at all races. :)

I'd say, other than water, many would be using their own chosen nutrition.  But I wouldn't wanna put anything other than water in a system like that (or the others around) just so it's easier to keep clean, especially when I'm lazy and wouldn't get around to it enough.

4 hours ago, goughy said:

I'd say, other than water, many would be using their own chosen nutrition.  But I wouldn't wanna put anything other than water in a system like that (or the others around) just so it's easier to keep clean, especially when I'm lazy and wouldn't get around to it enough.

Agreed, so why does it need to store 1.5 litres? - there is water on course every 15km. A smaller water cell in the top tube (where ventum have their fuel cell, but storing less than 1 litre) or in front of the bars (like Scott, Canyon and BMC) is sufficient with a large bento box at the front of the top tube (how about integrated for aero) would be both simpler and more effective. Having the gels fuel cell in the front tube is slightly arkward and uncessarily annoying - if not downright dangerous.