etiennevt

New Specialized Shiv

22 minutes ago, etiennevt said:

It's a yes from me 

As long as you can remove that thing at the back of the seat post 😳😳🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

So it fits 1.5L on the back but how do you get to it?  The bento box thing is cool.  Making the bike friendly for travel is great as well.

13 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

So it fits 1.5L on the back but how do you get to it?  The bento box thing is cool.  Making the bike friendly for travel is great as well.

Im sure they have a way. Its not just specialized didn’t consider it. 

I can find anything online. 

I never liked the frontend on the last shiv. 

This i like better but id still go cervelo if i was buying a tt bike. 

And i own 4 specialized bikes atmthe moment. 

Wow, they aren’t holding back on the marketing spend, maybe ventum should watch this as a how to. 

Bike wise, would rather my fluids more accessible but love the storage solution on down tube. 

23 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

They mentioned something about a hose when talking about the front end so guess its via a long straw, but not sure how you refill it. 

The front end of the old one was fugly, but at least this one is better balanced...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr E said:

They mentioned something about a hose when talking about the front end so guess its via a long straw, but not sure how you refill it. 

The front end of the old one was fugly, but at least this one is better balanced...

Possibly the same as the in frame on the current Shiv (fuselage).

30 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

I think I read somewhere it goes around the bottom bracket and up the down tube. Not sure how difficult it would be to take out and reinstall for cleaning. Takes a little effort to suck the fluid out of the current bladder so unsure how hard it would be from the back of the bike, but maybe gravity makes it easier.

How long before that 1.5 l water bottle at rear starts rattling. The more marketing dollars the more spin/con.

1 minute improvement on the Kona bike course....... for who? And how do you quantify that. I reckon the test ride that went slower...... the rider was having an off day :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

How long before that 1.5 l water bottle at rear starts rattling. The more marketing dollars the more spin/con.

Imagine it at Port! 🤣

I'd suck the teeth out of my mouth trying to draw water out of that thing past the bottom bracket and out of the straw!  Unless  of course, they use the motor in it to also pump the water ;)

• Haha 1

It will probably go to show, triathletes are dumb enough to buy anything.

So this bike is designed "for kona" where its deemed too dangerous to ride a disc, yet they put that on the back of  a bike. 

Only 500 being made. 

Other than pros we’ll be luck to see one in kona 2019 

With a different  our scheme.......maybe. 

Early in in the show that have the reservoir glowing blue, which shows the tube alignment down and up to the front. 

31 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

$14000 US 
That's almost $20k aud right now.

+ state tax. Would hate to buy one in NYC

40 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

$14000 US 

That is simply taking the pi$$. 

41 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

$14000 US 

For most of us that is a lot of money to spend on a bike, but triathlon is filled with a lot of very successful people especially in the older age groups, to a lot of them $14K would be like us spending $2K on a bike. I don't think they will have any trouble selling the first 500.

58 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

$14000 US 

I don’t get it. 

Sure if it was a porche or merc branded bike i could understand people buying one. 

But....

Goodness, having own a Shiv, I was expecting a super Shiv next... i just flushed those expectations down the loo, this THING looks FUGLY IMO...  It's like they took ideas from the latest bikes which came out the past few years and just smash them together on a bigger scale.... 

3 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

Thing at the back copies the trek speed concept a bit.

Cept it doesn't look shit on the trek!

In some respects, these 'superbikes' have reached the same plateau that smart phones have. There is only so much more they can do technically, before everything else becomes a gimmick, and really adds no more value or speed in the real world.

My E-118 could go faster if I was a better, stronger more skilled rider and trained like I wanted to be World Champion or if my livelihood depended on it. If I was going to spend over $10k on a new bike, it would be a roady upgrade to one of the Specialized high end disc machines.....yeah, I'm in the older age groups. 

Looks like a good bike for a pub crawl. You can fit three pints in the back ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Does Lucy have one yet?

image.png.523375aa081964d244c3f09313326ccb.png

Doesn't leave you a lot of space to tuck a bottle low behind the seat!  I wonder how many bottles will get kicked off bikes when mounting/dismounting that bike?

For all of us that can't afford to buy one we can always try and win it via zwift:

Get a feel for the aloha spirit and race distance with the Kona 112 Mission. Ride 112 miles over 7 days on the new Specialized S-Works Shiv Disc. A highly prized speed demon, complete the mission and you could unlock 1 of the 10 TT bikes in-game for good. If that’s not enough, finish and you’ll be entered to win a high spec Specialized S-Works Shiv Disc in real life. Set Kona course records of your own on this all-new TT bike — it’s the perfect balance of aerodynamics, fuel integration, and customized fit.

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

I see Sam liked it aswell haha

I'm human.

• Like 1

The bike is fugly.

It’s the bastard child of an old speed concept and a crackenfail slice.

• Like 1

Lets see who rides them this year and compare there times to last years bike.

lets just hope this year isn't the "worst conditions on record"!!!

6 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

$14000 US 

I found a NOS Litespeed Blade on eBay and built the whole thing up for just under AUD$3K. This is proof that triathletes will buy anything if sold in the right way .... Ventum, Ceepo .... It also looks fiddly and a hassle if you had to pull it apart to clean and maintain it.  

The point is that it's probably not going to make that much difference to anyone else than a pro or 0.5% of AGers and, if you have that money to blow on a bike, well good luck to you. 

Edited by Rimmer

6 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

$14000 US 

Still a discount when compared with P5X. 

They can't make bikes much better at the moment so they're making the more stupid to compensate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And Aussies seem to get reemed on bikes, especially when there are New, Old Stock bikes available at run-out in Europe and the US. Have a look at the Outlet store here .... www.racycles.com/outlet and see if you can tell the difference between some of these and the Shiv, P5X, Ceepo, Ventum.....

And I know ... I used to ride a Hotta!

image.jpeg.ff351b0ac242ef34df17a09f821966f9.jpeg

50 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Meh

Mine is still quick enough to whoop Foz's ass

You know it!!! I am expecting to be IronJimbo's road kill at Nepean this year. Sadly... My bike hasn't had much use. The ski season was too good!!!

• Like 1

Glad I chose the lightest gearset to compesetate for the 1.5 litres of water I need to carry from k1 as you cant possibly refill it.... seems logical

Reminds me of my first girlfriend. Proper tidy from the front.... 

So have specialized made a bike "for kona" that includes a bike bag that may not be able to b transported to Kona? 

43544728_2325181240844315_6839373954432368640_o.jpg

• Haha 1

Very disappointing , was hoping for something much better.

Seems a heap of money to pay for Disc brakes & fluid storage. Why would you?

Nothing wrong with Rim brakes &  two water bottles is there?

6 minutes ago, TriGuy said:

Seems a heap of money to pay for Disc brakes & fluid storage. Why would you?

Nothing wrong with Rim brakes &  two water bottles is there?

this is the issue with most new bikes coming out, they're not making the huge leaps and gains that came between about 2000 and 2015. It's much of a muchness now. 

There is an image on Tim Dons insta page of him refilling on the ride - the tail bottle fills from the top, so its a bit weird.

4 minutes ago, The new guy said:

There is an image on Tim Dons insta page of him refilling on the ride - the tail bottle fills from the top, so its a bit weird.

It needs a filler spout halfway along the top tube so it's easy to do on the fly.