Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Sanders and wurf can swim. But 4 guys will be off the front.

Today’s swim race over the swim course. 

4 guys will be 4 minutes up the road. 

Pretty good indicator of next weekend. 

E04C37AA-B9A2-430C-AFAB-3768CF7A7765.png

..... or Cam Wurh will bring a peleton with him 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Who's the 4 guys up the road?  I'm confused by the topic description.

Amberger starky Gomez?  

2 minutes ago, pieman said:

Amberger starky Gomez?  

And that Charles Lucy fella 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, bumcrackjack said:

This is absolutely no reflection in any way whatsoever of what will happen on the day. 

Not finish times but a great indicator for the swim leg. 

• Like 1

Looks like both Cam and Lionel could be 2 to 3 minutes faster through the 3.8km swim than last year. Probably not fast enough to make the first bunch but perhaps fast enough to drive the second bunch to get out of the water only 1-2 minutes behind the stragglers in the first bunch - and not the 4 minute gap from last year.

Edited by Andrew #1

They were never making the first bunch. 

But getting out 4-5 minutes back is heaps better than 10 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Peter said:

They were never making the first bunch. 

But getting out 4-5 minutes back is heaps better than 10 minutes. 

They were 4-5 minutes back from the last of the front bunch last year. They’ll be hoping to narrow that down a couple of minutes this year I think.

Hopefully no man of war jelly fish like in the water today, may slow  a few of them down, anything is possible!!

15 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Looks like both Cam and Lionel could be 2 to 3 minutes faster through the 3.8km swim than last year. Probably not fast enough to make the first bunch but perhaps fast enough to drive the second bunch to get out of the water only 1-2 minutes behind the stragglers in the first bunch - and not the 4 minute gap from last year.

I agree,

But they both would have potentially been 2-3 minutes faster LAST year if the second pack wasn't being led by Lionel. Both of those guys commented on it last year - Lionel said he felt bad for everyone else knowing that he was leading at a low speed, Cam said he felt like he was swimming backwards, but once he saw the lead back had gapped, he knew he couldn't bridge so just sat bak and saved energy for the bike.

If the second pack works together, that uber biker group will be a LOT closer than last year out of the water.

That swim would have had a lot more people around Wurf and Lionel to draft off, come this weekend they only have 50guys so expect the gaps to be wider. 

I think Gomez will go with Amberger in the swim, he is not going to just sit in main pack, I’m predicting an aggressive Gomez.

I wonder how much the 70.3 worlds will hurt him? That was a 100% effort he went to the well in that race. So likely lost some training time to recover and potentially have deep fatigue. (Although we have seen the double done, I don’t think Crowie or Frodo went that deep to win the 70.3 when they did the double)

Edited by Gilliga