beginnergirl

The Batchelor

25 minutes ago, beginnergirl said:

Well.... it’s all drama on social media today! Rumour has it the Honey Badger has left the country! 

No great loss.... LOL 

Apparently he got married recently..? 

1 hour ago, beginnergirl said:

Well.... it’s all drama on social media today! Rumour has it the Honey Badger has left the country! 

No rumour, it's been known for weeks he was walking Kokoda from Oct 1st.  My wife and daughter were heavily invested in it.  They are pissed as today.  It's pretty funny.  

• Haha 1

The tweets and memes coming from it will be choice though!

He's gone the full Rex Hunt.  Kissed them all and thrown them all back.

ARU finds another way to disappoint

Such outrage, how come he didn't go the Sophie Monk route and fake a relationship to sell more magazines for another 6 months? 

I love watching these shows. 

Makes me feel good about being a middle-aged, bitter, single woman, because it could certainly be much worse! 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, KieranR said:

He did a Rex Hunt - kissed them all and threw them back

.... I’m still laughing at that line too 😂🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

What did the Steve Miller Band say?

GO ON, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!

I thought they said "Abracadabra".

What a fabulous season. I predicted the outcome and when it came true I laughed. the funniest night I have had in ages. Especially knowing how many people get invested in this stuff.

I reckon good on him, though I would have hung around to explain myself.

I mean who says he has to choose someone. 

Some people think because he has gone on the show he has to choose someone.... It’s not like he chose who the women were.Channel Ten picked them.

If one goes to a pub or some other place like a speed dating night..... thee is no rule you need to actually choose someone. It’s all luck.

Some others say he should not have strung the girls on..... well he has been paid a lot of money to go through a process. And he did.

I heard he had lost interest about half way through...... but he couldn’t bail.

And for what it’s worth I bet in a bout 4 weeks he ends up with young Cass!!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah I don't understand how some people can be so invested in some bloke they don't know and some women they don't know either. Honey Badger don't give a shit.

He played on the wing girls, surely that should set some alarm bells ringing regarding his sexuality.

• Like 1

What, hang on a sec.....

So did he see out the show? Or was it cut short?

I dont watch it, but just opened this thread. 

Quick summary of the debacle? 

He got to the end.  

Got to the end and thought I don’t want any of these girls......... not one has done an Ironman. WTF....... what sort of life is that to lead having never done an Ironman branded race.

To cut a long story short he rang Andrew Messick and said.......”what do I do”?

Messick replied, “Nick you can’t DNF - just finish this and we will may sure there are no Kona qualifying spots for the girls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11 hours ago, Parkside said:

I reached peak Honey Badger about 6 months ago. Funny as a fart in a phone box. 

Surprised it took so long - he's chronically overexposed and I'm sure will shortly fade into oblivion (well we can only hope)

Not a fan of him, but don't dislike him either. Before the bachelor ads I didn't realise he was a former rugby player. Thought he was just an actor who sold underwear.

Have never watched any episode of the bachelor, only suffered through the ads. Reckon I loose 10 IQ points every time I watch an ad for a reality TV show.

Think I like him a bit more now I know he has walked away.

From what I gather, he's done a lot to support his family over the years, helping financially etc.  I think this has been a bit of a cluster ****, but otherwise I think he's ok.  And I don't follow any foozball stuff!

Only just watched the last episode yesterday.

I hadn't known of him before.

I just find the whole concept bizarre, how one can turn finding a live partner (or 'love') into a competition, but hey, it's light entertainment.

And I think it's almost refreshing that he walked away in the end, he did the right thing. Maybe someone could have helped him expressing himself a little better 🤣

My wife and I watched the interviews on The Project last night.  The point I made was, no one actually had to get married or make any proposals etc.  All he has to do is ask one to "go steady" and see what happens from there.  Maybe he though "all these girls are willing to make out with this one guy at the same time?  Yeah, not the girls for me!"

So far I think the bachelor/bachelorette here had about a 50% success rate in relationships so far.

I also think this result is gonna hurt the upcoming bachelorette season, which was already hampered by a dull contestant.  Neither my wife and daughter are too enthused with it.

33 minutes ago, goughy said:

Maybe he though "all these girls are willing to make out with this one guy at the same time?  Yeah, not the girls for me!"

Didn't he go away on Rugby tours?

It surprises me how the girls get so disappointed... seriously .. what do they expect? 

Their personal life gets exposed, they have a 19/20 chance of getting their heart broken... yet they carry on like the world has ended.... 

What happened to old school dating? 

6 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

It surprises me how the girls get so disappointed... seriously .. what do they expect? 

Their personal life gets exposed, they have a 19/20 chance of getting their heart broken... yet they carry on like the world has ended.... 

What happened to old school dating? 

The internet..... LOL 

I remember watching one of the first series of this from the US about 15 years ago ... the dude got to the end and didn't know who to pick, after sleeping with the last two. He was so confused, the producers gave him another date with each of them, he slept with both again, picked one and dumped her a couple of weeks later!

I mean, what were they expecting?

13 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

I am sure its more about some weird idea of a way fame and fortune than of finding a bloke.   The disappointment would have more to do with the consequent lack of exposure when they get punted.

Well, ACA always goes for the hard, edgy, serious stories.  And they tracked the Badge down in PNG and accosted him like a shonky tradie to get answers for the mess he left in Australia, and why he broke all our hearts!

And people think The Project is crap current affairs...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, goughy said:

Well, ACA always goes for the hard, edgy, serious stories.  And they tracked the Badge down in PNG and accosted him like a shonky tradie to get answers for the mess he left in Australia, and why he broke all our hearts!

Trailer trash journalism all of them 

2 hours ago, goughy said:

Shrek Said:

Trailer trash journalism all of them 

The Project is crap current affairs and crap journalism full stop. But then again so is A Current Affair.

Totally disagree.  Cept with your ACA comment.  ACA was ok until it decided to compete with Today Tonight on their own level.  But we luv The Project in our house, though that wouldn't be a surprise to too many who know the way I post :)

He just keeps giving!  Turns out he has a book coming out and the publishers held it to come out around the end of the show.  Well, he cancelled his two appearances today on his book tour, and the publishers have had to make last minute changes to the book, redoing the cover to change to title to "the honey badger bus to life", removing the last two words which were in parenthesis "(and love)", and to also pull the entire chapter on relationship advice!

Frickin hilarious!!!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/books-magazines/books/the-bachelor-star-nick-cummins-embarrassing-noshow-as-he-cancels-book-tour-appearances/news-story/b486bae20d6264f9bfb00d9f53c0a244