Peter

Sanders still obsessed with jan

9 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Peter still obsessed with Sanders 😂

Nope. 

Stader is my obsession 

Yeah it’s pretty weird for a competitive athlete how openly in awe he is of Jan. Sanders honesty is very refreshing compared to 99.9% of the other athletes who just talk shite all the time.

Wether it would pose a negative in the mind games should Jan have been racing who knows

1 hour ago, more said:

Yeah it’s pretty weird for a competitive athlete how openly in awe he is of Jan.

Maybe it's now his mind game against Jan? Next time they race Jan won't be as worried, then whammo.

• Like 1

It's good  have a rabtit. He's watching and learning from someone who runs faster than him. And who he wants to beat. 

Wheres the problem?

I just hope now Jan's out, that he doesn't lose focus. Obviously this video was from before Jan withdrew. 

I really like lionel. 

45 minutes ago, Turts said:

It's good  have a rabtit. He's watching and learning from someone who runs faster than him. And who he wants to beat. 

Wheres the problem?

I just hope now Jan's out, that he doesn't lose focus. Obviously this video was from before Jan withdrew. 

I really like lionel. 

The video was 2 days ago. 

I never said it was. A problem.  Just weird being obsessed with someone who isn’t racing. 

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

Just weird being obsessed with someone who isn’t racing.

But he keeps talking about how it's going to help him next year. I assume he expects Jan to be racing next year.

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

The video was 2 days ago. 

I never said it was. A problem.  Just weird being obsessed with someone who isn’t racing. 

2 days? Surely he knows. Yeah a bit odd. 

Course he knows.  He saw that performance and freaked out and knew he'd need to change things up so was giving background on why he'd gone to Kona so early and why he's training with other people..

Most unbelievable things from those videos is that he gets up to pee every hour.. and more unbelievable is that his mates done a 4.30 beer mile.. wtf

39 minutes ago, pieman said:

Course he knows.  He saw that performance and freaked out and knew he'd need to change things up so was giving background on why he'd gone to Kona so early and why he's training with other people..

He's a pretty honest guy. A lot of people would state they weren't bothered by what their competitors were doing, certainly wouldn't be admitting to crying about it.

I wonder with some of these top athletes, how healthy are their minds? Are they too obsessed with winning? What happens when they start slowing down, how will they cope, or when they retire? Are there demons waiting to surface??

One of the most inspirational triathletes, Chrissie Wellington, achieved everything, then quit at her peak. Was she racing for the love of the sport or was she racing for the trophies? Compared to people like Rinny or Crowie, he's been going 25 years+. Not a criticism of CW, just musing.

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

This entire place is focussed on AP

nah, I don't think so... He's certainly not one of the people that have offered to contribute to content for the site, I had a stack of others whack there hand up via email and PM... 

1 hour ago, willie said:

nah, I don't think so... He's certainly not one of the people that have offered to contribute to content for the site, I had a stack of others whack there hand up via email and PM... 

He's too busy in his own square metre (not pink)

Too bad,  because most of us would rather learn about a guaranteed recipe for KQ than advice from Nealo about how to gain 10kg while in heavy run training or how to flex your glute med when running from FB (pink)

Ap only posts here to try and new new athletes and because no one has posted on his forum in7 years. 

24 minutes ago, pieman said:

He's too busy in his own square metre (not pink)

Too bad,  because most of us would rather learn about a guaranteed recipe for KQ than advice from Nealo about how to gain 10kg while in heavy run training or how to flex your glute med when running from FB (pink)

guaranteed. 

I also like the guy and his drive. Ugliest run style out there (my Labrador puppy with a tennis ball moved better!!!), but it is effective. I also think there should be a LionelAid type thing start up for starving kiddies in Africa to raise money to send him food!

Superlean!

It is funny he doesn’t mention it, Talbot was editing the night before release so it definitely was still in progress well after Jans announcement.

But it’s a good mental space to be in to be fair - while the Jan 1.06 was the the trigger, the reasoning was ‘what else can I do to maximise my chances’. Just because Jan isn’t there now doesn’t mean he should relax. It would be very easy for an athlete who has targeted one competitor so intensely to drop the ball in that situation, it doesn’t appear that Lionel has.

• Like 1

I like how in the video he does say he only needs 3 minutes on the run and he needs to stop worrying about everything else. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Sanders has just "kind of" announced he's moving. What's the bet it'll be to Noosa?

image.png.4ebd542dddeccc13f33aeff15cd99afa.png

He mentioned this on his latest video as well. I think Boulder was even suggested. 

Unfortunately Sanders has done the same as Jan again, this time by having the same injury (a sacral stress fracture). Will probably kill his season.

Without starting a huge argument - didn’t Jan get a sacral fractur within 12 months of going vegan as well? 

Are the weakened bones potentially a side effect of the diet?

12 hours ago, The new guy said:

Without starting a huge argument - didn’t Jan get a sacral fractur within 12 months of going vegan as well? 

Are the weakened bones potentially a side effect of the diet?

nutritional research is probably the most unreliable going around.  However, there is some indication that Vegan diets result in weaker bones.  But this could be the result of poorly designed vegan diets, ie, not compensating for deficiency of vitamin D and Calcium in the vegan diet

29 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

nutritional research is probably the most unreliable going around.  However, there is some indication that Vegan diets result in weaker bones.  But this could be the result of poorly designed vegan diets, ie, not compensating for deficiency of vitamin D and Calcium in the vegan diet

Looking at the “competitive longevity” of athletes like Scott Jurek, presumably it is possible to avoid deficiencies in a vegan diet?

Of course, however it takes an effort to ensure you have modified the diet to keep up the natural deficiences which occur from cutting out entire food groups.  Most people go:  I'm going to be a vegan and not eat meat or fish or dairy.  Easy enough to do, but then to actually sit down and research HOW to prevent the deficiencies.  Vegan diets are deficient in Vitamin B12, Calcium Iron Zinc and D.  You need to work hard and plan, doable, to overcome the shortfall.

I’m not really for/against any side (eat meat, but have wanted to try to eat more plant based on many occasions) but I reckon a huge percentage of people eating meat and dairy etc would be incredibly deficient in so many things purely from the amount of crap in people’s diet.. just interesting from the other side too.. 

Prof Athletes with nutrition playing such a large role in their performance and potential pay packet would have people to work all that out wouldn’t they? 

Im a huge Lionel fan, but lets be honest - if anyone is going to go all out at a vegan diet, read a few books and think they are a pro its him. He has self taught and messed up every other facet of the sport, so this shouldn't be much different. I very very much doubt he is seeing a sports dietician and having regular blood work done for example - he still doesnt actually have a real coach.

Even reading his post announcing this - he screwed around for 3 weeks with an injury before getting it checked.....

I'm just waiting for the SlowTwitch thread or the YouTube/Facebook/Instagram comments from all of the experts telling him that the stress fracture was caused by his shit running technique and how if he saw a coach when they told him that they should have, he wouldn't have this problem and he would have won Kona last year/this year/next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BNothling said:

I'm just waiting for the SlowTwitch thread or the YouTube/Facebook/Instagram comments from all of the experts telling him that the stress fracture was caused by his shit running technique and how if he saw a coach when they told him that they should have, he wouldn't have this problem and he would have won Kona last year/this year/next year.

It's already in the ST lionel out of oceanside thread...

5 hours ago, trilobite said:

Looking at the “competitive longevity” of athletes like Scott Jurek, presumably it is possible to avoid deficiencies in a vegan diet?

Gary Robbins isnt a vegan.  Is gluten intolerant.   Had a sacral stressie. 

https://runningmagazine.ca/trail-running/gary-robbins-wont-be-racing-barkley-2019-due-to-an-injury/

18 hours ago, Turts said:

Gary Robbins isnt a vegan.  Is gluten intolerant.   Had a sacral stressie. 

https://runningmagazine.ca/trail-running/gary-robbins-wont-be-racing-barkley-2019-due-to-an-injury/

If you're truly gluten intolerant the gluten messes up your absorption of nutrients - so even if your diet has all the nutrition you need if you're not absorbing it well it's possibly going straight through you 

That's why older athletes benefit by taking extra digestive enzymes (because as we age we don't produce digestive enzymes as efficiently) absorption is the key to immunity and recovery 😏 

On 19/04/2019 at 8:30 AM, AP said:

That's why older athletes benefit by taking extra digestive enzymes (because as we age we don't produce digestive enzymes as efficiently) absorption is the key to immunity and recovery 😏 

So that's an emphasis on dark chocolate over milk chocolate?

• Haha 1