Turts

UTA 2019

Anyone in? 

22/50/100

Entries opened yesterday. 22 and 50 sold out now, only a few spots left for the 100

• Like 1

Mrs L doing her 12th (TNF) UTA100,  2 weeks after trying to be the first woman to finish Down Under 135 (miles that is).

Me, nah, I live off my wife's glory. 🙄

• Like 1

In for the 50. Gotta do better than last year :blowup:

• Like 2

I'm in for the 100. 

I did the 50 in 2015. Started the 100 in 2016 but pulled out at the 60km checkpoint.   I was feeling utterly terrible from about 10km.  Was chasing the individual checkpoint cutoffs.  I was weak, lighheaded and could hardly move uphill .  ad to sit own about every 10m on the up bits. 

But I wanted to get throughat least the section up o the overlap with the 50.   Nellies Glen was the worst I have felt in my life (and I had done 100's before). 3 or 4 steps, then rest.  Had the sweepers with me most of it, and felt so bad they were stuck with me. 

Overtook someone at the top, sidled into the CP at the Rec Centre and abandoned.   They tried to convince me to go on, as I looked and sounded fine.   But I knew how I felt on the uphills, knew what was coming, and didn't want to put others in a bad place if I hit my limit in the midle of nowhere at 3am. 

Turns out I was very very sick, and still working my way back to health. 

So I'm looking to get it done this time!  

ETA:  I wasn't planning on doing it, and had been cursing all the FB and IG reminders.  Then in about 4 seconds when I saw the "150 spots left" post, I decided and entered. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 1

My wifey is doing the 100 and that means I probably will just so I can beat her... She's got me over the short stuff now (she's gone from a 33min 5km runner to under 22 so far - must be the coach :P ) 

Anything half mara and over is the only shit I can beat her in now, that being said, my reign as supreme master might be over in Marathons come november :( I'll just keep reminding her of how fast I was with my PBs :P

There is 9 of the RunWith squad hitting up various UTA events.

• Like 2

On 05/10/2018 at 12:20 PM, willie said:

There is 9 of the RunWith squad hitting up various UTA events.

Is this the kind of business post you were referring to in that other thread? :D