trinube

Biggest Loser 2018 edition

18 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I believe you just got “Medical Professionaled” FFF :)

Did so. 

I'll go sit in the naughty corner 😕😕😂😂😂

Cheers Katz ✌️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funniest part about that is I am actually a lawyer. 🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Katz said:

Then why aren't you talking to Goughy?

30 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Then why aren't you talking to Goughy?

Not my field of expertise I am afraid. 

8 minutes ago, Katz said:

Not my field of expertise I am afraid. 

That's never stopped anybody else on here. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Katz said:

Then you got lawyered, son!

• Haha 1

This is why I never win an argument in this house.  Well that and because I'm generally wrong. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Stikman said:

This is why I never win an argument in this house.  Well that and because I'm generally wrong. 

Stikman, its a gender thing, not a lawyer thing.  I am the lawyer in our house and I last won an argument so many years ago that I've given up. 🙄   Life is so much better now that I just concede everything.😂

Edited by lawman

Blah. Keto is a knife edge. Up close on 2 kegs. Had an amazing night as above. On purpose went hard carb to see what happened. Two 90 minute sessions and I'm back down to normal. I assume big fluid uptake from glycogen replenishment. 

I reckon keto during training then hardcore carbs 48 hours out from your A race would be epic. Two tennis matches before today I was a beast. Today not so much but had the keto poops. 

I'd be all about keto for taper before IM based on this. 

Finally jagged two (small) weight losses in a row.  I think I'm finally starting to work out how much to eat during the day to keep energy up but also lose a little weight.

On days I cycle-commute in (20km/just under an hour), have replaced my usual high fibre barleymax cereal & almond milk with a vegan protein shake (brown rice protein & pea protein) - and that seems to have helped my recovery plus also reduced calories. And no, I'm not vegan - I just try and not have too much dairy... 😉

Let's see if I really have got this worked out and can make it 3 weeks in a row... 🙂

Edited by Abby
clarity

13 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Blah. Keto is a knife edge. Up close on 2 kegs. Had an amazing night as above. On purpose went hard carb to see what happened. Two 90 minute sessions and I'm back down to normal. I assume big fluid uptake from glycogen replenishment. 

I reckon keto during training then hardcore carbs 48 hours out from your A race would be epic. Two tennis matches before today I was a beast. Today not so much but had the keto poops. 

I'd be all about keto for taper before IM based on this. 

I read an article the other day on the difference between being in Ketosis, and being fat adapted. Seems pretty much where I am a lot of the time. I break the low carb far too often to stay in ketosis, but I'm at the stage where I can get up in the morning, do a gym session or swim, have a dozen almonds, and not feel hungry till lunch time. I don't think I've actually really felt hungry for the past 3 weeks, and yet have dropped 4kg. 2 months ago I was hungry 2 hours after a good size meal.

http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/01/dont-be-a-ketard1.html?fbclid=IwAR1Vj8yJQyACou5RXhAIBjsEKWpjRjkB9Q670HfN5ykkiPMYMWefgJbPddI&m=1

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Thanks 1

92.8 - back where I started. As long as I do not gain from here on, I have had my birthday (lots of treats), then had a bad week or two being physically and mentally ill. I might be storing fluid as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MissJess said:

92.8 - back where I started. As long as I do not gain from here on, I have had my birthday (lots of treats), then had a bad week or two being physically and mentally ill. I might be storing fluid as well.

Good to see you hanging in there Jess! Hopefully things come together in the next couple weeks :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MissJess said:

We all have those times when not gaining is a win. Hang in.

22 hours ago, Tyno said:

Vegan protein shake 🤣

Tastes like it's been shat out by a vegan. There is no reward for being virtuous...   😉

• Haha 1

79.4...... not that surprising when the weekend has included two nights of pizza and sizzlers lunch.

79.3 - happy to drop a little with the lure of charity chocolates in my daughter's room...

• Like 1

87.0kg. Just a 0.1 drop. I'm hoping it's the fish & chips for lunch, roast dinner, and a six-pack last night that stopped a bigger drop.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

Today is somewhat momentous for me, I am down 10kg from where I started a few months ago.  :clap:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, dazaau said:

Today is somewhat momentous for me, I am down 10kg from where I started a few months ago.  :clap:

Awesome work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t been super engaged in this up til now. Got myself a routine and have cut a lot of snacks. Dropped 1kg last week. Down around 2.5kg since the start and can see sub-80 from here. Will be the first time in a few years. 

Feeling good. 

• Like 5

Only weighed in this morning.

Better up my game a little or dazaau is just gonna run away with this!

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, Katz said:

I am at my start weight. Go me!

That might have to be my new goal...

• Haha 2

On 13/11/2018 at 9:22 AM, humdrum said:

Only weighed in this morning.

Better up my game a little or dazaau is just gonna run away with this!

You should be more worried about those just behind you. A few of them just need to find their stride in the final stretch! I'm 400g from my target weight and I don't see the point in dropping much below that, so I'll basically bow out.

You will pass me on the third leg (month 3) as so many get passed in the run of a tri. Just make sure you don't also get passed! 

Good to know, I still have a few kgs I can shift. However breaking the 65kg barrier is always hard.

And those behind me... let's just say I'm a pretty shit runner!

Hopefully I can keep up the .5kg a week through to the end & past it. It may not see the win,  as it will only get me to about where a couple of you are now, but I'm already the lowest weight I've been in nearly a year, and if I can keep going down to the low 80's, it'll be my lightest since I got injured and stopped running & riding. 

Not just that, but other than the occasional chocolate craving, I feel I've turned a corner. Be it "low carb" or just "low sugar", I feel much better. I haven't had a "sugar low" in the past couple of weeks. I used to get one at some point nearly every day.

• Like 3

Weirdest week, weigh myself every morning at the same time, did Monday weigh in, all okay.  Weighed in Tuesday and had put on over 2kgs overnight on a very good diet.  Thought it might be water, but nope nearly the same Wednesday etc.  Managed to get a small decline every day and end with a small loss for the week

Bit by bloody bit.  Shouldn't complain, have done nothing but work my arse off (desk job) trying to get away on hols to NZ from this Friday. Two weeks of rogaining, MTB and treking the South Island should help.

The last two weeks I've eaten better, got out for some tough bike rides and started swimming again this morning.  Plenty of walking.  And the last two weeks have seen rises of .6 and .4kg.  But things seem better in the mirror.

• Like 2

Down 0.8 for me. 

As someone who had a burger and chips for lunch and calamari & chips for dinner on Sunday, I guess I can’t complain. 

5 hours ago, dazaau said:

72.0 - bang on the target weight. 

Now I need to make sure I don't balloon out again! 

Celebratory Dr Pepper, Chocolate and donut for afternoon tea. I can see how this could get out of hand quickly :lol:

According to my scales I’ve put on 2.5kgs and am back up to 82.0

The scales are on carpet and look like they’ve been moved slightly. Let’s go with that.:lol:

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 2