trinube

Biggest Loser 2018 edition

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Jesus man the request for pics was just a joke I hope!!!

Um yeah I was joking 😈

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Are you doing before & after photos? !!

I'll give you the link to my dating profile. That'll be enough... LOL 🤢🤢😂🤔

• Haha 2

I hope no one minds, I just played about with the spreadsheet a little and made it calculate total weight loss to date and current % loss. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Katz said:

I hope no one minds, I just played about with the spreadsheet a little and made it calculate total weight loss to date and current % loss. 

Did you rig it? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, trinube said:

Did you rig it? :lol:

lol. If only I'd thought of it! 

I'd done that too on my own spreadsheet, so I can keep an eye on the competition ;)

Not sure I can pull a percentage required for the win though!

Do we have stats from the last seasons... 😂

50 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Do we have stats from the last seasons... 😂

Pfft, stats - just post your before picture :)

But that's exactly the reason for doing this, that no-one EVER needs to see the before picture!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, humdrum said:

I can't stop eating today... and I'm not at all hungry!  :wallbash:

Could you pass that on to a few others. :)

I get like now & then. Sometimes it's boredom, sometimes when I'm feeling low. If you do, then try carrots & celery. The act of having to cut them up helps reduce the desire, and even if you do eat them, they taste great & they're good for you.

• Haha 2

Carrots are a no-no on keto - or just very small doses.

I've been snacking on peanut butter & coconut fatbombs and protein bars. I mean it can't be any worse than the usual family block of chocolate (or 2)

13 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Carrots are a no-no on keto - or just very small doses.

I've been snacking on peanut butter & coconut fatbombs and protein bars. I mean it can't be any worse than the usual family block of chocolate (or 2)

Lol. I've never heard of someone getting fat on carrots! Peanut butter on the other hand - may as well hit the Snickers :lol:

26 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The act of having to cut them up helps reduce the desire, and even if you do eat them, they taste great & they're good for you.

Cut them up? How civilised of you Ex! Just shove 'em in and chomp em up like, err, a carrot, if you must. Sometimes hunger is best ;) 

Just now, dazaau said:

Cut them up? How civilised of you Ex! Just shove 'em in and chomp em up like, err, a carrot, if you must. Sometimes hunger is best ;) 

I was actually cutting them up to dip in Guacamole or Peanut Paste. Doesn't everybody?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Keto is high fat low carb - the whole point is to eat more fat :)

carrots have too many carbs.

8 minutes ago, humdrum said:

But that's why you cut the carrot. 

So you can have a nice thin slither of carrot, with heaps of the good stuff. ")

4 hours ago, humdrum said:

I think they both serve similar dieting purpose - you get sick of eating fat, it's quite satiating and are full. Carrots bore you even faster, not so satiating. :lol:

Carbs mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) 

All the best with the Keto - may the biggest loser win!

3 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

I run empty or make sure that I have emptied before longer runs 

Imodium is my friend on longer runs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KieranR said:

Always? 

I used to have tummy problems running when I was using endura but not nowadays. 

8 hours ago, KieranR said:

If you’re in an urban area (like ~90% of Australians), just think about where the fast food outlets, shoppings centres, service stations, etc along your route are...

28 minutes ago, trilobite said:

If you’re in an urban area (like ~90% of Australians), just think about where the fast food outlets, shoppings centres, service stations, etc along your route are...

I always made sure I had a toilet at about the 2km mark of any run. I didn't always need it, but if I did it would be apparent by then, and then I'd be right for the rest of the run. Even if I just did an initial loop before heading off on a longer route.

• Like 1

I feel I should share some of my bowel related running horror stories, but I will pass (I know, I know, bad pun)

Here are the dozen hefty Trannies who have put in for the Biggest Loser Prize Pool, and are now vying not just for glory, but material gain  (the kind not around the waist)

They are:

Dazaau
Trinube
IronJimbo
Ayto
FatPom
Cottoneyes
Exhasbeen
Xblane
Humdrum
Nealo
Goughy
MissJess

Good luck all!

• Like 1

80.2 is not what I expected this morning, especially having been in the low 79 last week!  But weight is ebbs and flows.  Ate less volume, but still shit.  Activity has been ok, plenty of walks and kept up the strength work.  Need to get back on the bike to up the intensity though.

• Like 1

I really smashed myself training this week... ate well but only lost 500g 😠  Was honestly expecting more. Still, that's better than nothing I guess, or worse, going up.

But this is taking far too long! 

89 this morning before I went to the gym. Only down half a kilo, but considering I was 91.5 on Thursday after a couple of days of eating crap. I suppose I should be happy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

89 this morning before I went to the gym. Only down half a kilo, but considering I was 91.5 on Thursday after a couple of days of eating crap. I suppose I should be happy.

That's outrageous Ex! That's 2.5kg in 4 days. I'm picturing you gorging yourself in a room full of Skittles and fried chicken washer down with coke for the first half of the week, and then sitting in a sauna with no food or water for the back half :lol:

That or you need new scales! 

1 minute ago, dazaau said:

That's outrageous Ex! That's 2.5kg in 4 days. I'm picturing you gorging yourself in a room full of Skittles and fried chicken washer down with coke for the first half of the week, and then sitting in a sauna with no food or water for the back half :lol:

That or you need new scales! 

Probably a lot of fluid retention in all the crap I was eating. Since then I've been restricting myself to a cup of tea and a handfull of nuts early, a good low carb brunch around 10 - 10:30, then only low carb stuff for a couple small snacks, then a good meat based dinner. The only restriction I have at dinner is no potato (or very little), no pasta, and very little rice.

I'm getting better at minimising the snacking, and this is what I want to keep at long term, as the late breakfast suits how I live these days.

On 13/10/2018 at 5:47 AM, FFF1077 said:

Always? 

I used to have tummy problems running when I was using endura but not nowadays. 

I always take it on any run longer than 1.5 hrs, had a problem  once and dont want that to happen again

On 13/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, trilobite said:

Yeah, although im in an urban area, its very regional, the only shopping center in town locks everything up including the external toilets and is only open during business hours, i go running outside of business areas

Have been eating well and training loads and I am 900 ***king grams up. Yay. :angry:

ETA: oh joy, that's 900g on my start weight and 1.2kg from last week. Perfect.

Edited by Katz
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

68.6 😊

It's like I am being robbed in broad daylight.

Congratulations on seizing the lead! 

Give me your address and I'll send you a interim prize of chocolate, chips, donuts etc ;)

We must ask be putting on muscle me thinks.....

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

not everyone has weighed in yet...

That's ok, you should still reward yourself with a choc jam donut each day this week :)

15 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I can have donuts, keto-donuts.

With a helping of cream... mmmmm

ad still lose weight :)

Keto-Donuts.jpg

Ooooo, where does one get these mythical keto donuts? Are they crapped out by unicorns?

Edited by trinube
  • Haha 2

I weigh in on Wednesdays. I don't want to start the working week swearing at the scale as well. It's enough I have to go to work.

• Haha 1

Unchanged this week, which was a win all things considered. I was scoffing rocky  road ice cream at 8 pm last night. 

55 minutes ago, trinube said:

Ooooo, where does one get these mythical keto donuts? Are they crapped out by unicorns?

Don't tell me you're a keto-sceptic... 🤣

• Haha 1