Jump to content
trinube

Biggest Loser 2018 edition

Recommended Posts

Just now, BogFrog said:

Right! I'm in. I've put on 3kg in the last month, which is a lot on a 5 foot half an inch woman. 

Mr BogFrog and I decided to do Ocsober yesterday. I haven't had a month off alcohol since I was 10 I reckon. I've done 2 weeks a good few times. To ensure we follow the plan, we've made a bet. First person who drinks or suggests the bet is off has to pay $1,000. It was initially suggested to donate to the farmers or a charity, but I figured I wouldn't mind that too much so in an hour of desperation I might actually pay it. So the bet is that I have to donate $1K to the Tony Abbott reelection fund, and he has to donate to Scientology.  No effing way are either of us drinking!  So this should help to drop a few kgs...

According to the sheet, you’ve put on 13kgs in the last 4 days:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

95.5kg Today. I’ve been eating for Britain over winter. 🥘 

Ginsters are your friends :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Lost 0.1kg 

It's something 

Better than putting 0.1 on...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in, I started back in July, at 95ish, now at 91ish. I'll be trying to eat less junk and drink less (and replace it with lo-cal options - so diet mixers). Also no more hormonal birth protection, all it does is make me crave sweets, feel constantly hungry and pile on water weight.

I'll also be getting back into the gym for weights now the gym set has been fixed.

I'll weigh in for a progress check next week I guess. 

Edited by MissJess
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hello!

I haven't been here for a fair while (I kind of forgot about trannies... forgive me!)

But I saw the BL mentioned elsewhere, and I currently hate myself again... so I'm a late entry!

I was so good last year and lost a big bunch, and I let myself go again. So today it starts again.

I went riding on a 25kg loaded bicycle for 3 days over gravel, trails and into headwind... and I came home heavier. So that's a pretty good indication of how good I am at these things. Tried many times, failed all those times. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Well hello!

I haven't been here for a fair while (I kind of forgot about trannies... forgive me!)

Well hello - we've missed you - well I have :in_love:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I went riding on a 25kg loaded bicycle for 3 days over gravel, trails and into headwind... and I came home heavier.

Was it 25kg of food? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks trinube, missed you too 😘

I probably ate less than on a normal day in the office... (man, those caramel M&Ms are good, and I don't mind a block or 2 of the KitKat Gold...)

 

nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Edited by humdrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, humdrum said:

 

nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Revealed preference shows again and again that this stated preference for skinny body over yummy food is a lie 😄 

How else did we all end up signing up in the hope that peer pressure and being exposed would help us to put down the Chunky Kit Kat! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I'll give this a crack as I'm utterly useless at losing weight on my own...

First time back on a training programme for about 3 years, started at 86.9 mid Sept - hoping to get down to 80-82 by Western Sydney... was at my fastest around 76kg about 6 years ago, but ate like a sparrow and was miserable as sin, so will set 80-82 as a (hopefully) achievable goal without driving myself mad in the process!

Good luck all...

AJS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Ocsober thing isn't working. I'm heavier today and have gradually been putting ON weight since Monday. Haven't been this heavy in nearly a year. I gradually lost 3kg from April to August and in the space of 6 weeks put it all back on again.  BAAAAAH!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in.

Not overly huge, but just had the unfortunate circumstance to see my silhouette, and the distended stomach looks pretty f****** ordinary.  Also have some mountainous trail races over the next few months and I'm more than a large bag of oranges too heavy to drag up mountains.

Working at home 6 feet from the fridge is really really bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lawman said:

Working at home 6 feet from the fridge is really really bad!

Tell me about it.

I've done less than 1500 steps so far today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Tell me about it.

I've done less than 1500 steps so far today.

6 feet / 1500 steps - I guess that equates to about 250 trips to the fridge. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lawman said:

6 feet / 1500 steps - I guess that equates to about 250 trips to the fridge. 😂

It's 30 steps to the toilet. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2018 at 4:16 PM, trinube said:

Anyone want to make this interesting?

I'm thinking we each toss in $10 and whoever wins (best percentage drop) gets a voucher at Willie's for the total. A little incentive might help to stay the course and Willie gets something out of it. He could even have a chance to win it himself :lol:

Did this grow any legs - is it happening?

Let me know where to send the dough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayto said:

Did this grow any legs - is it happening?

Let me know where to send the dough?

Maybe everyone's waiting to see how they go in the weigh-ins :lol:

I still think we should do it - would work out to a couple of hundred bucks voucher with Willie if we all chipped in.  For those OS we can always make it PBK or Wiggle etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a halfway decent loss this week, started out the week with a chest infection, lost a bit but expected to gain from that.  Was better by the weekend and with the ride on in for a repair had to hand mow an acre amongst other outside work.  Not conventional ways to lose weight but will take it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, trinube said:

Maybe everyone's waiting to see how they go in the weigh-ins :lol:

I still think we should do it - would work out to a couple of hundred bucks voucher with Willie if we all chipped in.  For those OS we can always make it PBK or Wiggle etc

Easy to do, not everyone has to pay up, but those that do will become eligible for the prize pool. 

The question is how you you define "winner" - per cent or raw kg?

I lost almost a kg this week so I'm vaguely interested 😂 Probably won't be next week when I realise my odds are slimming again lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

81.1 pre-breakfast, heading in the right direction

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking forward to an amusing comment about crushing the weight gain challenge this week after eating my way through 4 night shifts. As it turns out, I somehow managed to lose weight and am actually now below my start weight. :confused1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Neil Crompton would put it, excess ingestion and unplanned activity limitation has resulted in a sub-optimal outcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Easy to do, not everyone has to pay up, but those that do will become eligible for the prize pool. 

The question is how you you define "winner" - per cent or raw kg?

I lost almost a kg this week so I'm vaguely interested 😂 Probably won't be next week when I realise my odds are slimming again lol. 

Has to be percentage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 0.4 kg down this week. I have yo-yo'd throughout the week, but working all weekend and not being able to get out for a run didn't do me any favours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No scales where we were. 

I'm tipping up 4kg. 

 

I'll check when I get back to Radelaide tomorrow night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Has to be percentage.

Yes - which is what i mentioned in the original suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trinube said:

Yes - which is what i mentioned in the original suggestion.

Sure, I was replying to dazaau who asked the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Percentage is bollocks. Tonnage is king :) 

Down .4. Pretty ordinary. 

Better than the up that I reckon I have.... 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2018 at 12:09 PM, trinube said:

Yes - which is what i mentioned in the original suggestion.

Ok, well no-one official has jumped on it so I will throw it out there ( I hope you do not mind Trinube). 

Send your entry fee via this link: paypal.me/dazaau

to pay without a paypal account and using a credit card use this link

$10 is the entry and gets the whole prize purse in the form of a voucher from Williy, or from Wiggle for those based outside aus.

I have been around a long time and Roxxi has my address - if I run off with the money, you will be able to hunt me down. 

You have until Friday this week to put your money where your mouth is. Results based on percentage lost.  

We will see how it goes! 

(note that there is a 0.56c PayPal Fee)

Edited by dazaau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not fussed either way but I was thinking more of getting the money to Willie so he can produce an appropriate voucher. He's been pretty good to Trannies with discounts and it would be good to give him some business.

Oh, and I'm a fan of winner take all :)

Edited by trinube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, trinube said:

I'm not fussed either way but I was thinking more of getting the money to Willie so he can produce an appropriate voucher. He's been pretty good to Trannies with discounts and it would be good to give him some business.

Oh, and I'm a fan of winner take all :)

Done and Done. It is your gig after all! 

Was hoping Willie as the admin might jump on and organise it but it hasn't happened and he is probably busy organising that new website skin and trannies zwift ride :)

Edited by dazaau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dazaau said:

Done and Done. It is your gig after all! 

Was hoping Willie as the admin might jump on and organise it but it hasn't happened and he is probably busy organising that new website skin and trannies zwift ride :)

Nah, not my gig - BL have been run by plenty of different people. In fact it only really needs someone to start it and it looks after itself after that. I'll PM willie - he may not be reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trinube said:

I'll PM willie - he may not be reading.

The fat bastard should be!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, was on the road most of the day yesterday so spread sheet now up to date.

Good week for me, circa 2.0kg down!! Amazing what a couple of rides can achieve!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've decided that I am likely to maintain, which is fine, I might play to drop weight game once the tri season is over. My workouts are getting a little more intense...I've been feeling crappy already. I'll keep recording here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dazaau said:

Ok, well no-one official has jumped on it so I will throw it out there ( I hope you do not mind Trinube). 

using PayPal send your entry fee paypal.me/dazaau.

$10 is the entry and gets the whole prize purse in the form of a voucher from Williy, or from Wiggle for those based outside aus.

I have been around a long time and Roxxi has my address - if I run off with the money, you will be able to hunt me down. 

You have until Friday this week to put your money where your mouth is. Results based on percentage lost.  

We will see how it goes! 

(note that any paypal fees are at the expense of the prize purse)

For the numpties amongst us, how the hell do we get the dough to you???

Have followed the link above, it gets me to sign in to PayPal and then I request to send money but it tells me I can only use a name, email or mobile to send???? Dazaau doesn't come up?

Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayto said:

For the numpties amongst us, how the hell do we get the dough to you???

Have followed the link above, it gets me to sign in to PayPal and then I request to send money but it tells me I can only use a name, email or mobile to send???? Dazaau doesn't come up?

Am I missing something?

https://www.paypal.me/dazaau

 

Try this! I've fixed the original link also.

 

Edited by dazaau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayto said:

Sorry guys, was on the road most of the day yesterday so spread sheet now up to date.

Good week for me, circa 2.0kg down!! Amazing what a couple of rides can achieve!

I can see why you are so keen to put some money down.... 2kg in a week 😦

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painless when you know how!!

FYI - I was charged $10.00 plus the paypal fee of 0.56c so you should get the full amount through

 

image.png.99ecb93e2b30e1f5f9e98a0722d1a464.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×