trinube

Biggest Loser 2018 edition

OK, let's do it.

For those who haven't done this before, just post in this thread with your current height and weight. Feel free to add a goal weight but that's optional. You might also want to mention what you are going to do differently to try and drop a couple of kegs. 

There is a google spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fNusC-DahYMW4PRp5qaNDo9LOHh9iCMKYzoCnS75n8A/edit#gid=0 where starting details and progress weigh-ins can be recorded. I don't do much in Google Docs so let me know if you can see/edit it.

Each Monday put a weight in and see how you go.  12 weeks finishes 17 Dec - just in time for the Xmas binge :)

See Tri-Gold for a few tips - http://forums.transitions.org.au/forum/9-trigold/

Get on it fatties!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm in.

Come on. Retired people with unlimited time shouldn’t be allowed in this comp. 

i’ll take part. Think I’m 84at the moment. 

• Like 1

Retirement. I'm dreaming of that. 135 hours work in the last 2 weeks. They owe me some time which I'm going to use to relax. Maybe walk along the beach at Bribie again. :)

See me in 12 years Peter.

• Like 1

I think you're mistaking me with that old fart AP - "ironman legend".

We used to talk about that old guy when I was a kid racing in the juniors. :)

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think you're mistaking me with that old fart AP - "ironman legend" - "ironman legend".

We used to talk about that old guy when I was a kid racing in the juniors. :)

Retirement - what's that ? When you stop doing things you die - I've still got too much left to do 😏

I'm in, on the proviso we do a follow up in the New Year.  I've got 2 holidays in these 12 weeks, one driving for a full week, another in the Cook Islands in the land of temptation with unlimited happy hours at resort bars.  Need to get the weight back down for 2 Bays, so this is really for me to limit the damage during these 2 events

I'll give this a go for the first time!

(though going on hols this wekeend to Melbourne, so won't be really hoping to see any progress until following week!). 

Edited by dazmuzza

Ill have to be in but not hopeful. 

Cant run any more and that was my "go to" for losing weight. Since pulling the pin on running my riding mojo has gone too and haven't ridden a bike in about 3 months. 

Am enjoying paddling but a bit like swimming it takes a lot to burn the calories of running, and I'm not quite up to  super long paddles yet.  Ive already cut down a lot on my intake and its just not doing much.  Need something to get me moving. 

Thanks for setting up Trinube 😀

I'm in.

I am THE definition of a yoyo dieter but I'd rather that than just continuing to go up.

2 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

I'm in, on the proviso we do a follow up in the New Year.  I've got 2 holidays in these 12 weeks, one driving for a full week, another in the Cook Islands in the land of temptation with unlimited happy hours at resort bars.  

We went to the Cook Islands for Xmas in 2016, we absolutely loved it! 

Where are you staying? Make sure you do Pa's cross island trek http://www.pastreks.com/

IMG_7741.JPG

I'll have a crack.  I'm hovering around lightest-ever weight but still want to lose another 4-5kg before Penriff Sevenny Point Free

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nealo said:

We went to the Cook Islands for Xmas in 2016, we absolutely loved it! 

Where are you staying? Make sure you do Pa's cross island trek http://www.pastreks.com/

IMG_7741.JPG

My wife and I went for a wedding in April 2012, we promised the kids we'd go back with them "next time" so hence the need to go again.  Staying around on Muri beach side, same side we stayed last time and definitely the best spot to stay on Rara, I was planning on doing the trek up to the needle this time with my son, but sounds like my wife is keen as well so might be a family activity

I'm going to Finland in January chasing the Northern Lights, could be down to minus 40, if shivering is exercise I could be OK. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

I was planning on doing the trek up to the needle this time with my son, but sounds like my wife is keen as well so might be a family activity

Obviously you don't have to go with Pa's or guided. we went up the needle with Pa's. This is the view but that's not my Wife, she wouldn't climb up the "chains". This lady just jumped in the shot 🤣 This was about half way up on the right, you can only get to the top with climbing gear.

Muri is where we had a Christmas lunch, brilliant spot.

IMG_6886.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

• Like 2

When people ask you about the woman in that shot, do you say "I'm just minding her for a friend?"   :lol: 

• Haha 5

Yep, suppose I'd better do this.

18 weeks tomorrow until I leave for the charity bike ride I've stuck my hand up for!!

Unashamed plug - see link below to support the cause.  Thanks in advance.

Ayto

Nice work Ayto

Curious about the precedent - I may have a similar plug of my own shortly...

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

196cm

117.7kg

You've done it before - you've won it before - it'll need a heavy duty treadmill for any indoor running - maybe a horse's treadmill 😏

• Thanks 1

It’s as though the moment I decide to publicly be involved in some weight loss challenge, I immediately become instatiably hungry. All day today, though eating what I normally would, I’ve been ravenous. 😡

1 minute ago, Katz said:

It’s as though the moment I decide to publicly be involved in some weight loss challenge, I immediately become instatiably hungry. All day today, though eating what I normally would, I’ve been ravenous. 😡

Almonds are your friend ;)

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Almonds are your friend ;)

Especially those smokey ones. 

175cm. 85kg.

Big aim for me is the Tour de Brisbane event in April next year.  Not to be competitive per se, but just to give it a red hot go and see how well I can do. 

Goal 2 is to break 25min at Parkrun.  I started running again at the start of this year after many years away - figured as a 45yo bloke, just cycling won't cut it for general health.  Did 3 months of run/walk (steadily increasing the run and decreasing the walk) to ease into it and prep the body. First all-running 5km in late March was about 32min, and current PB (last week) was 26:08, so all heading in the right direction!

So I think the next big thing is to drop my weight down to sub-80kg, and build a regular training habit/base for Tour de Brisbane.  So currently aiming (successfully!) at doing either some sort of cycling or running on  5 days of every week.  And first step in weight loss will be cutting out the 'incidental snacks' I grab out of habit and see what effect that has.

🙂

• Like 6

I think its prudent to advise everyone to be on the look out for saboteurs or feeders.

An un-named Tranny sent me this clip, so watch out ladies........:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I think its prudent to advise everyone to be on the look out for saboteurs or feeders.

:angry:

Better not be any damn saboteurs......Stikman.... I'm looking at you.

Anyone want to make this interesting?

I'm thinking we each toss in $10 and whoever wins (best percentage drop) gets a voucher at Willie's for the total. A little incentive might help to stay the course and Willie gets something out of it. He could even have a chance to win it himself :lol:

8 minutes ago, trinube said:

Anyone want to make this interesting?

I'm thinking we each toss in $10 and whoever wins (best percentage drop) gets a voucher at Willie's for the total. A little incentive might help to stay the course and Willie gets something out of it. He could even have a chance to win it himself :lol:

I'd have to lose 20kgs just to cover shipping. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I'd have to lose 20kgs just to cover shipping. :lol:

We can just post the voucher :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trinube said:

We can just post the voucher :)

Just get Thomo to bring an extra suitcase over next year:whistling:

• Haha 1

In true Katz form, at the first weigh in, I am heavier than I started. :angry:

• Confused 1

I'm in. 

Already dropped about 4kg, but I still have a good 6.5kg to go. Trying to get from 82.5 back to 72kg where I ideally belong. Will see how close I get...

I dropped 1.4 kgs.

I didn't really have a big week exercise wise, but I managed to reduce my "other" intake.

I did go for broke on popcorn watching the footy, but it's a better choice than my chips/chocolates/icecream regular choice.

• Thanks 1

89.7 just now.

1st of the month today, so I successfully finished September without any potato crisps or soft drink. Looking for a new one this month. I think I may pick lollies. I've found with each of the items I've had a month off, when the month finished I haven't been eating/drinking as much of them. I'm OK with that. I'm not trying for permanent abstinence, but just to reduce a few of the things I know I eat/drink too much of.

• Like 3

Ooops. Misunderstood instructions as I thought first weigh in was today. Have updated spread-sheet accordingly.

2 hours ago, Katz said:

In true Katz form, at the first weigh in, I am heavier than I started. :angry:

You mustve had your heaviest clothes on, youll be ok next weigh in

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Hold on, just doing some preseason training. 

1E1889D5-7CE8-4A35-AB30-34315BCEE6DA.jpeg

#blessed 

44 minutes ago, Surfer said:

You mustve had your heaviest clothes on, youll be ok next weigh in

You weigh-in with clothes?

I'm 82 flat after breakfast - should have done it before I ate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trinube said:

You weigh-in with clothes?

I'm 82 flat after breakfast - should have done it before I ate.

No food, no clothes, no jewellery including piercings   😉

then jump on the scales 🙄

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Surfer said:

No food, no clothes, no jewellery including piercings   😉

then jump on the scales 🙄

Yep, that's me - naked all the way. Now there's a mind image for those who know me :)

• Haha 1

Right! I'm in. I've put on 3kg in the last month, which is a lot on a 5 foot half an inch woman. 

Mr BogFrog and I decided to do Ocsober yesterday. I haven't had a month off alcohol since I was 10 I reckon. I've done 2 weeks a good few times. To ensure we follow the plan, we've made a bet. First person who drinks or suggests the bet is off has to pay $1,000. It was initially suggested to donate to the farmers or a charity, but I figured I wouldn't mind that too much so in an hour of desperation I might actually pay it. So the bet is that I have to donate $1K to the Tony Abbott reelection fund, and he has to donate to Scientology.  No effing way are either of us drinking!  So this should help to drop a few kgs...

• Haha 4