Jump to content
willie

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Integration

Recommended Posts

It's underway... Figure it's time. If (when) it breaks, hopefully I'll be able to fix it. 

You'll soon be able to import posts etc with relative ease (you can link your accounts to share posts etc from these places). Thought it would be a fun tool for some people to keep updated about Ashley Horner, she should be more than half way through the 50 in 50 by now shouldn't she?

:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add, I dont think people will be able to see or access your account info, more that you'll be able to share stuff from there. I have set it so that you have to chose your screen name, not the name you have on said app etc.

Any other questions or issues you can forsee let me know... I'm better than roxii with tech but not by much! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, willie said:

I'm better than roxii with tech but not by much!

I'm not. .......... so......... eh?  :confused1::confused1:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turts said:

I'm not. .......... so......... eh?  :confused1::confused1:

I’m with you turts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, you may need a refresh pretty soon as well. I would explain but it appears you dont care as long as it works :P

it will revert to https://www......... just in case you notice it's a little different

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm genuinely sorry but I will need an explanation and instructions.... 

 

Sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

I'm genuinely sorry but I will need an explanation and instructions.... 

 

Sorry 

That’s fine. Where can I book for someone to come over and change the settings on my phone, work computer and home computer?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Is there a transitions Facebook page?  If there is I cannot find it

It's a closed group, to get entry you need to do a public positing saying how much you love Trannies, once someone sees it they will invite you to join,,,,

 

or if you've learnt not to trust me, just go here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4619268150/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

It's a closed group, to get entry you need to do a public positing saying how much you love Trannies, once someone sees it they will invite you to join,,,,

 

or if you've learnt not to trust me, just go here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4619268150/

Well I'll be buggered. 

News to me! Join request sent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Turts said:

Well I'll be buggered. 

News to me! Join request sent. 

.... and approved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

It's a closed group, to get entry you need to do a public positing saying how much you love Trannies, once someone sees it they will invite you to join,,,,

 

or if you've learnt not to trust me, just go here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4619268150/

😂😂😂 I’ve only 4 people on my FB friends list, coach, wife and two besties...I might be waiting a while 😂😂😂 request sent roxii 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pieman said:

When does tinder integration go live... for the singletons among you.. 

You can't mix those two.

Both take energy and time and money....it's a recipie for disaster!! LOL

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pieman said:

When does tinder integration go live... for the singletons among you.. 

Do you have to be single, or can you just lie about it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, goughy said:

Do you have to be single, or can you just lie about it?

 

5 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

That’s fine. Where can I book for someone to come over and change the settings on my phone, work computer and home computer?

This is why cant ask the 16 year old to set it up for me. She might discover my secret life as a Trannie🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KieranR said:

😂😂😂 I’ve only 4 people on my FB friends list, coach, wife and two besties...I might be waiting a while 😂😂😂 request sent roxii 

I was on there at one stage.  Obviously didn't make the cut for the rebirthed page 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

I was on there at one stage.  Obviously didn't make the cut for the rebirthed page 😂

You'll be back.....if you accept..;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont do FB, insta or twitter. So need some help here

Will this forum will no longer exist? 

If it does exist, will there be different stuff posted here to the other places?

Im conflused 😶😔

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Surfer said:

I dont do FB, insta or twitter. So need some help here

Will this forum will no longer exist? 

If it does exist, will there be different stuff posted here to the other places?

Im conflused 😶😔

Don't be - business as usual - just with different hands pulling the levers (so to speak)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, trinube said:

If it does exist, will there be different stuff posted here to the other places?

Im conflused 😶😔

There'd better be. Once Insta is up & running I'd expect instant expulsion for any yoga poses or gratuitous calf shots on the main forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

There'd better be. Once Insta is up & running I'd expect instant expulsion for any yoga poses or gratuitous calf shots on the main forum.

#blessed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trinube said:

Don't be - business as usual - just with different hands pulling the levers (so to speak)

Ok. Good. Thankyou 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cape_Horn said:

hmm...

social media

 

/shudders

Erm, isnt trannies social media? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Turts said:

Erm, isnt trannies social media? 

Call me old school...

Forums are just an updated BulletinBoard, with the real time equivalent being IRC (which some forums have a built in web client for). Usually a forum requires a little more patience and care, posts to be crafted, not usually just the 'look at me' aspect of social media. (Oh, and ask the average person what an internet forum is, and they will just stare quizzically at you)

Social media seems less about the whole, and more about the 'me in the now'

Ever tried to find a specific faceache or twatter post from 4 years ago? esp. if it is one that was posted by someone else? nearly impossible. Finding a race report from otter from 8 years ago? not so much of a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All forms of social media are a little different and that's why they can all co exist... Hopefully I can get it a little more integrated so we can have insta etc posts her from your favourite people. 

The aim is to be able to share updates etc from races without needing to cut and paste. Nothing in the forum itself will change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willie said:

All forms of social media are a little different and that's why they can all co exist... Hopefully I can get it a little more integrated so we can have insta etc posts her from your favourite people. 

The aim is to be able to share updates etc from races without needing to cut and paste. Nothing in the forum itself will change. 

Within reason though Willie.  I ummed an ahhed about posting this a bit over a week ago, but it shits me when some people's only contribution to the community here is to post a link to an external site, or to post enough to then post a link in tritrade to an ebay listing or similar.  I don't see Trannies as somewhere for people to spam for their own sites to bump up their readership / listing prices - if we're to survive we need active contributions not people pulling members out to other areas

Just my 2 cents, others may have different opinions which I can respect

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2018 at 5:22 PM, pieman said:

When does tinder integration go live... for the singletons among you.. 

Tinder for Trannies ...this will be good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Within reason though Willie.  I ummed an ahhed about posting this a bit over a week ago, but it shits me when some people's only contribution to the community here is to post a link to an external site, or to post enough to then post a link in tritrade to an ebay listing or similar.  I don't see Trannies as somewhere for people to spam for their own sites to bump up their readership / listing prices - if we're to survive we need active contributions not people pulling members out to other areas

Just my 2 cents, others may have different opinions which I can respect

Yeah I thought that might be an issue if I went down this road, but on the flip side we've got a few moderators now and we should be able to hide threads we dont deem fits with our ethos (which in turn is dictated by those longer standing members). I mean I'm pretty bad for drumming up my own business around here so not one to speak (however I dont think I have many followers and that's not what it's about). I'm actively trying to avoid members going elsewhere by enabling some posts to be embedded here so we can have discussion on here. Not click a link for us to be taken to another site and forget about trannies. It's a double edged sword and we'll see which edge is sharper I guess. 

I'm working on the active contributions... I reckon I'm going for Lachie, Bergs to come back a bit more, Fitness Buddy, Nealo is going to do some stuff, I will post a few bits and bobs. A few others that'll I contact when I've got some spare minutes. 

It will take a bit of time but hopefully it'll turn into something great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×