monkie

SBR X3 Postponed

Just got an email from EE. Water temp means they have moved to 28th April next year. They are offering a transfer with a 20% discount on another race or a full refund.

Disappointing but not much they can do and I have to say I wasn't fancying that swim very much...

• Sad 1

Damn shame, I was really looking forward to this

I can see myself being a lot more circumspect next April given it's a week before Port

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Damn shame, I was really looking forward to this

I can see myself being a lot more circumspect next April given it's a week before Port

Yeah, I've pulled out for now. If I go in it'll just be for one round for funsies the week before the big one.

Yeah, I've been looking at the water temp on the regatta centre site, it said 16 degrees the other day :o PTC have their triathlon tomorrow, I am not quite ready to run at race pace in a sprint, but donning the wettie for an enticer seems a bit much...

19 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Yeah, I've been looking at the water temp on the regatta centre site, it said 16 degrees the other day :o 

Not really understanding the issue here? 😎

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Not really understanding the issue here? 😎

Format meant it would be non wetsuit... Or else you would have people trying to put a wetsuit back ON in T3...

57 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Yeah, I've been looking at the water temp on the regatta centre site, it said 16 degrees the other day :o PTC have their triathlon tomorrow, I am not quite ready to run at race pace in a sprint, but donning the wettie for an enticer seems a bit much...

Does this mean Nepean may be a wetsuit swim?

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Format meant it would be non wetsuit... Or else you would have people trying to put a wetsuit back ON in T3...

This could be part of the challenge! :w00t1:

@rory-dognz there are a lot of days between now and Nepean, just depends if there is an early heatwave or not. Best indication would be the Hills race the weekend before, as I think there are no triathlons between tomorrow and then.

Edited by MissJess

3 hours ago, monkie said:

Ah I see, thanks.

people just need to harden up... seriously, it's just a bit of cold water :P

Disclaimer: I wont even get into the outdoor pool at Drummoyne cause it doesnt get warmer than about 24 degrees

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, monkie said:

But didn't someone say the water temp was 16? You wouldn't notice it after a run.

36 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But didn't someone say the water temp was 16? You wouldn't notice it after a run.

I beg to differ!