more

Whats the deal with AP

45 minutes ago, iFoz said:

I can see this escalating / degenerating quickly... hang on while go get some popcorn. 🍺🍿

You should be in bed. You have Kona in a few weeks. 

Land you need to be up before you eat tonight’s dinner. 

• Like 1

Perception vs reality......... always hurts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, goughy said:

Perception vs reality......... always hurts

I'm just envious. B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

You should be in bed. You have Kona in a few weeks. 

Land you need to be up before you eat tonight’s dinner. 

Peter, I’m a Kona starter in 2019. 

8 hours ago, iFoz said:

Peter, I’m a Kona starter in 2019. 

I thought this year. 

Pare they still running it next year?

On 20/09/2018 at 2:25 PM, Peter said:

I might be grey. But at least i still have hair. 

22FD9ABC-2675-425C-97A1-5079F646C3DD.jpeg

I can confirm, Pete looks better in real life than that shot - this shot makes him look like he's avoided the Irish mohawk with Ashley and Martin.  (going by the amount of salt and pepper on the sides).  

On 20/09/2018 at 2:19 PM, iFoz said:

Mt Coot-tha without the rain 🙁

40B87F8C-CDE1-42F6-B3F1-8325B36287B9.jpeg

Those eyes, looks like a peeping Tom.

12 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

AP - "ironman legend" - "ironman legend" should be a angry man. He coached Pete Jacobs....😕

Nothing to be angry about, we worked together from 2007 to 2012 he had a dream - we worked a plan - he achieved lots of smaller goals along the way - he achieved what less than 30 men in history have achieved - this was a great adventure for both of us 😎

He's still a young man with other dreams and goals, I'd say he has a whole career ahead of him, If I wrote down everything I have done since I was 36yrs I'd need a lot of paper - when he walks down the street in Noosa he's a Hawaii Ironman winner - there are not many of them up there 😏  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AP said:

when he walks down the street in Noosa he's a Hawaii Ironman winner - there are not many of them up there 😏  

Lucky he doesn’t live in the shire :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, AP - "ironman legend" said:

Nothing to be angry about, we worked together from 2007 to 2012 he had a dream - we worked a plan - he achieved lots of smaller goals along the way - he achieved what less than 30 men in history have achieved - this was a great adventure for both of us 😎

He's still a young man with other dreams and goals, I'd say he has a whole career ahead of him, If I wrote down everything I have done since I was 36yrs I'd need a lot of paper - when he walks down the street in Noosa he's a Hawaii Ironman winner - there are not many of them up there 😏  

What about RS? 

Or is that a rumour AP - "ironman legend"? 

On 19/09/2018 at 9:24 PM, Peter said:

Gotta love AP - "ironman legend" posting as one of his alternate names. 

that was nrmoz's old trick when promoting canberra etc...god rest his soul

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AP - "ironman legend" said:

Nah, just some guy named Jan who's won it a few times, picked up a few medals at some games and married to lovely lady who's won a few titles as well. 

At 30 some guy named James Blunt had led the liberating United Nations land force into Spilt during the Balkans conflict in the mid 1990's and 12 months later sung and produced a number 1 world wide hit followed by a multi platinum album.  To make that relevant for your era AP - "ironman legend", he sold more albums in 18 months than the Everly Brother sold in their entire career. 

Now that's a 30 year old achieving something.

Pete Jacobs has achieved something not as grand,  but an OK achievement in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I think PJ is a good athlete on his day and he had a purple patch of success post your coaching of him. I don't think he realised his full potential due to health or whatever reason. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

He is an "everyday tri hero"

Check out the triathlon QLD page.

I think Cranky has also been nominated as an Everyday Tri Hero. I wonder if members get to vote a winner.

Edited by AA7

12 hours ago, Greyman said:

Nah, just some guy named Jan who's won it a few times, picked up a few medals at some games and married to lovely lady who's won a few titles as well. 

Like I said there aren't many of them in the world - only a couple in Queensland - a huge achievement - the list of guys who dreamed of winning in Kona but never did is a long one 😏

So you never worked with PJ at all after 2012?

We tried but the dream was over - the year after an athlete wins in Kona is not an easy one to handle - too much adulation, too many commitments, too much travel, too much expectation - it all costs - others have handled it better - but we're all humans - we're all different  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AP - "ironman legend" said:

😏we're all different ..... 

AP - "ironman legend"

Lol 

7 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

AP - "ironman legend" - "ironman legend"

It's getting tired

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trinube said:

It's getting tired

I didn't do it....? It does it itself??